Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SCDM
    Started by SCDM,

    Probably a silly question but I presume we are allowed to just be casual for the medical rather than wearing a skirt/suit?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 705 views
  2. Ewan.T
    Started by Ewan.T,

    Hi everyone! I have a few questions about the training. First what are you trained in and what's the usual sequence the training in I.e what do you do first and last? Also is it possible to fail the training? I know it sounds like a stupid question and I understand that you can fail if you are shockingly bad but what I mean is is it quite straight forward? Do all that attend training all get to the end and pass? Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm with Gwent if it makes any difference cheers guys

    • 2 replies
    • 425 views
  3. Santisuk1546081549
    Started by Santisuk1546081549,

    Hello, after sending my application off I received this email: "Thank you for your application for appointment to the Special Constabulary. Arrangements have been made for your competency based questions to be scored by the NPIA (National Policing Improvement Agency) and we anticipate that the results will be back with us by Friday, 15th March 2013. If you are successful at shortlisting you will be invited to attend an awareness event. These are anticipated to be held early June 2013, exact dates to be confirmed. You will be notified of your result and the date of your event by email. May I take this opportunity to wish you well in the first stages of the recruitmen…

    • 7 replies
    • 545 views
    Griffin1546081308
  4. maxsmithson
    Started by maxsmithson,

    I applied for the Cambridgeshire force 2 months ago and have not heard back yet. I want to withdraw my application. If I withdraw now before I potentially get rejected will I not have to wait the 6 months? Is the 6 month rule only for being rejected or for applying in general? Thank you for the help.

    • 5 replies
    • 675 views
  5. Nozza
    Started by Nozza,

    Hello all, I have been a SC for just over 2 years and have a regs A/C next month. Has anyone been worried that they wont make it at the Assessment? It seems silly but is something that is in the back of my mind. Anyone else feeling the same?

    • 4 replies
    • 515 views
  6. Barham1941
    Started by Barham1941,

    Hi there Sorry if this has been explained by someone before - this is my first post! I'm really looking forward to my day 2 Assessment in just under two weeks' time - I was checking the documentation required though and it mentions that I need to bring two recent pay slips with me. Due to the nature of my work (music director & private music teacher) I create invoices which are paid by cheque or bank transfer. I've not managed to get through to anyone on the helpline today so was just wondering if anyone knows what to do in this instance? I've been reading the forum throughout the recruitment process so far - it's fantastic! Cheers All.

    • 5 replies
    • 494 views
  7. charlie2013
    Started by charlie2013,

    Hiya, I was just wondering if when you are commenced to training you have the choice of which training facility you go to? For example; West London, East London, South London etc? Also for the fact you recieve uniform before you end training, they must be fairly confident everyone that reaches training will pass and attend the attestation, therefore what are the chances of actually failing? Thanks for all the help.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 640 views
  8. Tango2081
    Started by Tango2081,

    Evening all, Just in case anyone hasn't seen but is interested Cambridgeshire has just opened it's recruitment.... https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=b3duZXI9NTA0MTcxOCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MjMxJnVzZXJjb2RlPTAm They're brave opening it for 2 weeks - I'd imagine they'll get more than a few applications in! Regards Tango

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. Sam75

    Hi, I am interested in becoming a special in the future, after I graduate from university. Can anyone suggest good ways I can gain the right skills and experiences for the role? What kind of volunteering roles or jobs do you think best prepare someone?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 815 views
  10. vinnybabuna

    I am in the process of applying as a Police Officer. I have within the last six months sent an application form in to my chosen force for a support role. I did not receive any response to this application. I have declared this on the application form. Does anyone know whether this will preclude me from proceeding past the application form stage?

    • 4 replies
    • 357 views
  11. CFreeman
    Started by CFreeman,

    Hello you fine forum people! You may have seen my other recent post regarding failing papersift and the 6 month ban. Before I applied for the force for which I failed papersift, I had a suspicion from high school that I may have Dyslexia. I did not declare this on my application as I had not been formally assessed. Yesterday I had an Educational Psychologist Assessment. This confirmed I had Dyslexia and Dyspraxia. As I failed my most recent application I now have to wait 6 months before I can reapply. My question(s) are: Is there anyone on here that has the same condition(s) as me that has applying, applied, recruited or employed by the Police? How have they helped …

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 955 views
  12. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    hi all, got an email today saying im through to assestment centre for regs. im looking for any advice on revision techniques(books online revision etc) and what to expect on the day. just any general advice you have this would be very much appreciated. thanks all

    • 1 reply
    • 471 views
  13. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,

    Hi guys, I keep getting held back and I can't seem to become a Special despite all of my best efforts... I have passed every stage and even had my collar number - Application, interview and medical etc :- Only I had to make a gutting decision to withdraw my application as I couldn't attend training for the following reasons I) I had to rely on public transport and the training location was just too hard to reach II) My full-time job (which I absolutely hate!) in a customer service call centre is notoriously strict and makes everyone adhere to schedule religiously, managers are unsympathetic and uncaring and HR are deliberately evasive. They would not wouldn't agre…

    • 8 replies
    • 568 views
  14. IamAdrummerAMA
    Started by IamAdrummerAMA,

    I have my interview for Merseyside Police April 7th and was wondering if anyone had any really good tips to help me out? I'm not really that nervous, I have all the preparation questions and have been working on it. I'm looking for good things to mention and talk about, but nothing that I can say and not back up. Anything you have will be great! Cheers

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 565 views
  15. CFreeman
    Started by CFreeman,

    Hello Mods of Police Specials Forum . com, I know this site is for SC's but I have seen some chat about regulars stuff as well. My question is can I request that there is a pinned topic in the recruitment section for regular (PC) recruitment drives and openings UK wide? If that can't be done, can you think of anything that I / we / us can do about it? The only other way I can think of doing it is by starting a new topic in this section and get people to post when a force opens up, but this means it may not stay in the top topics. I look forward to your response Thank you, CF

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.