Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all Finally got my assessment day this weekend for the regs, I'm really looking forward to it. Does anybody know what the competencies are for Scotland, are they the same as the English forces? Also does anybody know what kind of questions may be asked in the interview? Thanks very much.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. clayclay
    Started by clayclay,

    Hi, This Friday (22-2-13), I am to visit the Lancashire Constabulary HQ for the assessment stage. The email with the details states that I must complete tests that will assess my verbal logical reasoning and numerical reasoning skills as well as a short written exercise to measure my spelling and grammar. However, having trawled through numerous posts on this forum, it appears that a lot of assessment stage applicants also sit their interview on the same day. This is not mentioned in the email however I do not wish to be surprised on the day with an interview having made only meagre preparations. Does anyone know if this is the case? I notice a lot of the posts on the s…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. Special Superman
    Started by Special Superman,

    Hi I am applying for Nottinghamshire police and currently work in lancs as a special. It ask for my warrant card number but it does not say the number on my warrant card, should I put my collar number? If not how do I ins out my number? Thankyou

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. Mdon
    Started by Mdon +,

    Just thought I'd let anyone konw if they're interested that Cumbria are currently recruiting PCSOs.

    • 0 replies
    • 422 views
  5. PhotoMan
    Started by PhotoMan,

    Hey! I've just been notified by text that I had passed specials day 1 for the Met. It was one of the most happiest i've ever been reading that text. I am currently waiting for my day 2 date, any ideas on how long it would take? Also if i was to move out of london because i am going to uni, should I transfer my application or would i be able to complete training in london then be on patrol in the aera i move to. Appologys for grammer / spelling..

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 762 views
    BorderForceNewbie
  6. 04bowmanj
    Started by 04bowmanj * ,

    Hi Guys I'm coming up to my Officer Safety Training and will have to pass an exam at the end of it to be eligible to use my baton, cuffs etc. Could anybody give me advice on what to revise as I want to pass first time. Thanks Guys

    Aran PatrolStore
  7. NanBit
    Started by NanBit,

    So, after six months of working through the Grampian Police recruitment process, I got the call from the recruitment department - I start Specials training on 2nd March! I have been looking forward to this for some time and I am VERY excited to get started, if a little nervous with not knowing entirely what to expect! Can anyone give me any words of advice / tips for me to bear in mind through training? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

    • 3 replies
    • 642 views
  8. Triple9Kay
    Started by Triple9Kay,

    Hi guys, I recently completed day 1 of my Met Special Constable application and I know people who had their day 1 during the same week as myself and they have already received their results. I just want to know when they are likely to inform me on whether I passed day 1 or not. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 691 views
  9. Uppy89
    Started by Uppy89,

    I have included them on my application form like it asks me to but I have remembered my girlfriends Dad was arrested, charged but found not guilty of an offence approximately 4 years ago. Does anyone know if this is likely to affect my application? No other arrests in my family or her family that I have heard of.

    • 17 replies
    • 1k views
  10. museman1546080866
    Started by museman1546080866,

    anyone in the job have dual nationality, and any issues with vetting or anything? I'm going to hopefully get mine confirmed soon for the ROI and want to know if anyone had any issues?

    • 5 replies
    • 426 views
  11. emilie_charlotte
    Started by emilie_charlotte,

    Hi everyone, just writing a post about where i am in the recruitment process. Application Stage passed, Assessment Centre passed so now I'm selecting my dates for training. I have the option of July intake or August intake. I want to start ASAP but one Sunday during the July dates is my daughter's 3rd Birthday. Bit torn! What are the hours of each session approx? Is it literally all day? Also, could a 21 yr old female with very average girly muscles easily pass the Push Pull test?! Slightly worried I'm not stacked enough!! I've heard the Bleep test is nothing to be worried about, is this true?! I've got this far, i CANNOT let myself down on these! Thanks guys

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 351 views
    BorderForceNewbie
  12. Neshika93
    Started by Neshika93,

    Hello, I have wanted to be a police officer since the age of about seven when I had my own handmade warrant card, watched The Bill and would dress up in a play police uniform. Now I just turned 20 and I am in my second year of university studying Criminology and Human Rights. I am still just as eager to make a difference in my community, I love and am very passionate about helping people and feel I would be perfect for the role. I have applied and received my Day 1 assessment date today - for the 4th of March. I am confident I will sail through that. My appearance is also good - no tattoos or piercings or green hair and me and my family have squeaky clean records (in…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 915 views
    Griffin1546081308
  13. HampshireSaint
    Started by HampshireSaint,

    Hi All Wondering if you can help. I am debating whether or not to become a PC. In my day job I currently earn 26k a year and in 4 years time I will be on 30. If I join as a PC in Hampshire I will start on around 22.5k (Due to having PLC and being IPS special) How quickly would this go up to 30k? I am trying to work out where I would be better off and which progression goes higher and quicker. Thanks

    • 14 replies
    • 692 views
  14. lanesra1
    Started by lanesra1,

    Hi Can anyone help me with this please? Between July 2011 and September 2012, I was not registered at any address, did not pay council tax and was not on the electoral roll. I stayed at various addresses including mums, dads, boyfriends and friends and did not stay anywhere for longer than 3 months. Will this affect my application for being a special? What would I put on my application form? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 393 views
  15. DaleB
    Started by DaleB,

    Hi All, I have 9 months left until I become eligible to apply as a Special Constable. For those who are SC's, could you offer me some advice about I could write a successful application? Also, do I need to revise anything before I apply? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 569 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.