Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SierraLimaSierra
    Started by SierraLimaSierra,

    It is actually snowing good and hard right now, kids are outside having snowball fights and I fear I may be unable to get to my first training session tomorrow morning... Does anyone happen to know what the consequences of missing my first day are?

    • 8 replies
    • 488 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  2. IANMUSIC
    Started by IANMUSIC,

    Hi have my first assessment next month really excited but nervous at the same time.Any tips that much relax me a bit??

    • 3 replies
    • 313 views
  3. djaysoft
    Started by djaysoft,

    In October 2011 I applied to join the Met Specials having decided that I would be able to spare at least 8 hours per week on average (so double the minimum). As I work shifts, which include weekends, I negotiated with my employer who kindly allowed me to change shifts to enable me to attend the weekly Sunday training course for 23 sessions. I passed all stages of the recruitment process. Vetting was a fair shambles; they kept us all in a room for an hour whilst they made sure all details on everybody’s forms were complete and legible but despite this managed to sit on mine for 3 months before the vetting lady calling me in a panic to say that she was unable to read the …

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 3.5k views
    sykes1545925530
  4. Sam1626
    Started by Sam1626,

    Hello all I am really sorry if this has been discussed before, and also sorry that this is my very first post. I hope it falls within acceptable posting practices here! I have a friend (name withheld) who could very well be affected by the latest set of redundancies that the Army announced today. He has been in for a number of years, with a couple of tours under his belt. He joined the army as a way of sorting his life out a bit when he was a kid. He was never a "problem child" or got up to anything illegal - just never had any real direction. Army straightened him up and made him a success case and all the rest of it. Blah Blah Blah. With these redundancies biting ho…

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. reb89
    Started by reb89,

    Hi All, First time on here and just found out I have passed the interview stage yippppeeeeee and now have to wait for a date for my medical. I have been told they will be doing credit checks as well, I had quite bad credit about 5years ago this included a ccj and defaults (they all show as satisfied now) do you think this will be a problem? Also I have arrears with 2 agencies both Government agencies that amount to about £2,000 (this is not shown on my credit file) this is to from years ago, I have been making payments to them and never missed one, do you think this will make me fail the credit check? Any help would be great! :new_thanks:

    • 9 replies
    • 686 views
  6. thecricketer
    Started by thecricketer,

    Hi everyone This is my first time asking a question here after using this forum for ages! I could not find the answer to my question any where so I thought I would ask here.. Basically, I have been sent an email (to which I have replied already) that I should choose my training dates. However, it says I have not yet passed all my recruitment stages (vetting + references left for me).. Why would they send me the training dates if I have not yet passed all the stages? Does that mean I'm almost there? Thank you in advance!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 697 views
  7. Mcleod88
    Started by Mcleod88,

    I know some employers do but do the police? :new_hmmm:

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 2.9k views
    Exile771546081502
  8. sav1609
    Started by sav1609,

    How likely is it if you stick at the Special to have the opportunity to become a regular is this a valid career path? will I get priority over Civvies? Any information would help. Thankyou. James.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 665 views
  9. nfbeck392
    Started by nfbeck392,

    Hey guys. I applied to Tayside in the July of last year, went through assessment in August and then Medical in November. We were initially informed that training was due to start in Autumn. That never happened, then told January, obviously that never happened. The reasons being lack of numbers which is understandable but given I'm applying to Tayside and with all 8 forces in Scotland becoming one force as of 1st of April, could it be that they aren't wanting to run a course due to the transition being so close therefore waiting so that we don't need to go back and get new Police Scotland uniforms all over? What are your thoughts and is anyone else awaiting a uniform f…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 667 views
  10. Big Bertha
    Started by Big Bertha,

    Just a quick question, how long will a new recruit (no prior experience or qualification) be on £19000 for? Is it just for the initial training, a year, or the 2 year probation period before moving up to £22000? Thanks

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. AUJD
    Started by AUJD,

    Just doing some homework - some forces now state the 3 year residency requirement for entry as a Reg, PCSO or S/Con. What is this for? Are there any exceptions/exemptions? Do all forces state this? I ask, because if someone were to resign from the S/Constabulary in one force, leave the country for over a year, then come back would they have to wait 3 years to re-apply? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Javioli
    Started by Javioli,

    I just wanted to post this up as I know there have been lots of questions about BMI followed by inconclusive answers so hopefully this might help someone looking (incidentally, why won't searching for "bmi" on this forum bring back any results??); They definitely won't let you start if your BMI is too high. (Edit) - post shortened. THIS POLICY RELATES TO CUMBRIA CONSTABULARY

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 2.4k views
  13. Creep
    Started by Creep,

    hello again ive got an assessment centre coming up for the regulars and im just after some clarification. i was wondering if anyone knew anything as to why the competencies have been updated/revised to the following Serving the Public Openness to Change Service Delivery Professionalism Decision Making Working with Others i cant find any info on them and as ive got a PIRT coming up soon i was after some clarification as to what the assessors will be looking for in terms of marking etc. thanks

    • 14 replies
    • 5k views
  14. Sniper Elite
    Started by Sniper Elite,

    Hi all, posting this here as the North Wales Police specific page seems pretty empty of users at the moment. So just received my letter inviting me to a PIR test ar HQ, does anyone know how long this will take? The letter says I will have to remain at HQ for 2 - 2 1/2 hours - seems quite long for a PIR test? Also, can't actually see any reference to the AC on the application process page here Thanks Matt Quote MultiQuote

    • 1 reply
    • 415 views
  15. LMAB90

    Hi all, I had applied to a police force back in November for the position of SC, I had passed at all stages and was given training dates (had the uniform fitting and everything) but had to withdraw my application because I could not attend the training, simply because I had no car combined with a less than understanding employer. Long story short in October/November 2012, I withdrew my application - I had tried to attend the 1st day of training by bus but sadly the location wasn't very accessible at all, Anyway after getting a car, I would like to jump back into the game (so to speak) so was just wondering how long my application/details would likely be kept on the …

    • 3 replies
    • 435 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.