Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Betty91
    Started by Betty91,

    Does anyone know what the fitness test for the dorset force is? I haven't received any information about it yet just the date. I believe that there will be a push/pull test and a bleep test, does anyone know what we will need to get in these to pass? thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 429 views
  2. adamh
    Started by adamh,

    Hi, Im soon to go through vetting for Dorset police. I discovered this morning that someone has stolen my identity, set up a bank account in my name and taken out a series of short term loans. This has obviously made my credit score look pretty unhealthy. I have reported the crime to all the relevant people who are currently investigating the issue. I have no doubt that this problem will be resolved and the negative factors on my credit report will be removed, but i'm not certain how quickly it will be done. My question is, is it possible that I will fail vetting due to having an unhealthy credit score? I think I read somewhere that specials have to be in a financiall…

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Sniper Elite
    Started by Sniper Elite,

    Question is the title basically. I'd have though smart casual? Matt

    • 4 replies
    • 418 views
  4. gemini83
    Started by gemini83,

    Good Morning I just wanted to some advice from any of you, last year i went to rejoin the Met Police as a Special i was sucessfull all the way through unitl my references. I gave my SGTs details as requested because i served as a Special Constable with the same Force and just played the waiting game. I was then informed that my SGT has failed me and i was not allowed to continue with my Application, i appealed twice and failed and i am still confused and scared off applying to any force as it could happen again. When i was a Special for 19 Months i never once arrived late, was never investigated, never suspended, and passed all my training courses, but i do admitt that i…

    • 2 replies
    • 538 views
  5. Aphaea

    Hello Everyone, after reading through this Forum with great interest I have decided to ask for help here. First a bit of background, because I don't just want to burst in with a question but want to tell a bit about myself I have thought of applying to be a Special for over a year now and earlier this summer an incident happened which made me firm in my decision. A friend and I were on a country road where we witnessed an accident. We got out and took charge of the scene. This included the "by the book" procedure, securing the scene, stopping traffic, first aid, finding eyewitnesses, briefing emergency staff and we even breathalized and detained the very drunk driver …

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 2k views
  6. flexz0r
    Started by flexz0r,

    Hi there, newbie checking in - been lurking for a while and notice the majority of you guys, whether it's a pass or fail - seem to hear back from your applications within the first 2 months. That's me now on week #10 now, having just an acknowledgement of application sent via email. Are they obligated to inform you of declined applications? I'm aware it can take up to 3 months but it doesn't seem to be a common wait judging from posts on here. Are there any possible reasons other than it being a normal wait that could be behind such a long one?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 736 views
  7. Rydawg
    Started by Rydawg,

    I'm currently in the application process to join the Specials, with aspirations of joining the Regulars. Is it possible to apply to both at the same time? Obviously, my main focus at the moment is my Specials application but can I afford to let a chance at Regular recruitment go, if it comes up? Obviously, I appreciate the potential experience/knowledge to be gleaned from being a Special but with so few Regular recruitment drives wouldn't it be silly not to at least apply?

    • 3 replies
    • 404 views
  8. Dan_Kirk25
    Started by Dan_Kirk25,

    Hey there poeple, I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a book or reading material that helps with any aspect of recruitment P.s sorry if my spelling is bad stuck on packed train on the way home Dan

    • 9 replies
    • 420 views
  9. Jofoblie
    Started by Jofoblie,

    Hi there, Police Specials, I'm getting ready to fill in my specials application form, but I have a few questions. I currently work as a delivery driver, and just under a year ago I was caught parking on a curb whilst I made a delivery. My vehicle was photographed and I had to pay a fine, which I did in good time. I was just wondering if I have to declare this on my application form under the criminal histories section? I'm also a junior partner in my dad's business and was wondering how much detail I need to go to in the business interests section? What do I need to write there? Do I just need to state matter-of-factly what I am and what I do? One final question is…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 483 views
  10. JAdams
    Started by JAdams,

    Hey all, I have got a question about the medical test. I have never had any illnesses except for chickenpox when I was young. However few years back I have been diagnosed with Hep B. I have never had any problems with my illness and have regular check ups with the doctor and all bloodtest look excellent. Will this affect my application in any way? Even if I bring in a letter from the doctor confirming my health?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 671 views
  11. Sniper Elite
    Started by Sniper Elite,

    Hi there all! Can anyone tell me how long you have to do the whole PIR test? Thanks Matt

    • 2 replies
    • 324 views
  12. jcparks
    Started by jcparks,

    Hi All, On the SC application form it stipulates my referees can not be a police officer nor related to me. I wanting my referees to have or have had a reputable job and my quirey is i have a family friend who served as a police officer and now retired. Could i use this person as a referee seen as though they are no longer a serving police officer or am i being pedantic?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 447 views
  13. anthonyadf
    Started by anthonyadf,

    Hi Guys, I completed my day 2 in December and am waiting for my vetting to be carried out. I have received an email 1 week ago asking me my preference of training dates (if vetting gets accepted). Does anyone know the average time for vetting? I know that it depends on the indervidual but would be interested to hear people's views and experiences! Anthony

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 895 views
  14. jcparks
    Started by jcparks,

    Does anyone know when SYP are recruiting regs and wether it will be internal or external applications?

    • 2 replies
    • 344 views
  15. KearanSullivan
    Started by KearanSullivan * ,

    Hi Im filling in an application for the specials... Firstly, I have a driving conviction from 2009 its a IN10 i got a fine and 6points but no ban. does this affect my application in anyway? ive also been arrested on more then one occasion but all have been given NFA (no further action) as they were false allegations. my credit score is really bad???? and im completly stuck on the Competency Assessment Questions HELP

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 565 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.