Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
I understand this is a question for the occupational health dep but the reason I ask is because I have received a letter from them asking for me to obtain more information from the GP. I did have asthma 12 years ago and it hasn't been a problem ever since. I could run for the world and work in a smokey condition. The last medical report of asthma was back in 2003. If its regarding my running ability then I can safely say that I got up to level 7 in the prison service bleep test. I had irritable bowel back in 2008 the department has asked me to get a report from my GP regarding this. I had to go to a specialist because medication were not taking any effect. All the speci…
-
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering what address do I return my OCU and Vetting forms to for Northumbria Police? I passed the interview and the fitness test around a month and a half ago for the role of Special Constable and I can't seem to find which address to return them to. Thanks.
-
Hi all. I just have a question regarding the competencies i will be asked on Saturday. One of the competencies is Oral communications. Will i specifically be asked on this question or will they take the indicators from the way i answer the other questions? Cheers Orin
-
I've recently turned seventeen and I'm wondering what's the best month to get an application in for the Special Constabulary, after numerous attempts to get work experience within the BTP and MET services, I've been shot down a numerous amounts of times and they've referred me to the Special Constabulary - I was told by a PC at the Police Station to apply a few months before I turn eighteen. What month would you suggest? My birthday was on the 8th of this month.
-
I know this has been asked a million times and you guys are probably a bit bored of people asking this but a little bit of advice would be appreciated. I am looking at a application pack for Derbyshire police and I am stuck on a CBQ about Race and Diversity, I think I may have good example but not sure if it falls under this subject. so here goes please stay focused :D (no banging your head on the keyboards) Since I work at Sainsbury's as a team-leader I have to be trained first-aider, well one day this training came in useful when an elderly gentleman was doing is weekly shop, when he had a turn for the worse and collapsed on the floor and started having convulsions. I…
-
Hi everyone. I recently applied to become a Special in the Norfolk Constabulary while I'm at university. I have a uni house in Norwich until August 2014 but my family home is also in Norfolk. I'm just wondering which address you think it would be best to put down as my current address? I stay at my family home during the holidays and still consider that to be my home but I obviously spend more time at my uni house during the year. The vetting form was sent to my family home and forwarded on to me. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
-
Hi all I've stuck those up on Ebay - if you're sitting them soon I could not recommend them highly enough. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181083947464?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
-
Hello, Hope someone can help me on this. I've applied to be a Special Constable with MET Police, but then a week later realised that Wilthire Constabulary is recruiting Specials as well. Ideally I would like to be a Special somewhere between Southampton and Bath so I would love to apply to the one in Wiltshire. But I have read that you can only apply to one force at a time, so what would you recommend I do at this stage? Thanks...
-
Hiya guys. I am looking to become a Special Constable within the Essex Police but currently have issues with my fitness. My BMI is 36, and my diet is poor. I am currently improving my fitness and diet to improve my BMI. I also have condions of Asperger Syndrome and ADHD, will this effect my application?
-
Hi all, I have a query about application form. It asks for a list of all qualifications, however in the guidance notes it asks that certificates would be needed for development purposes. The problem I have is college, although I managed to pass the courses I took at college, because I only did the AS level I never got nay certificates. I'm sure whether to explain that if they ask for the certificates or to omit them from my application form. South Yorkshire Police in case it matters.
-
I've recently passed my specials assessment centre for Durham Constabulary. Which consisted of a written assessment, situational judgement test and a competency based interview. I have now been invited to a 'final interview', I only wonder what it will entail. It's not referred to on the site for Durham Constabulary, like the rest of the selection process is. The letter states it will be focused on Durham's police style and personal motivation/ expectations for the role. Is there likely to be any further questions about examples of competencies? Obviously I know I'm constantly assessed based on the competencies but am I going to need additional specific examples like…
-
Just had a look on the Cheshire Constabulary website and the Minimum requirments now include: A graduate of the the Policing, Law, and Investigation foundation degree from the University of Chester At least 18 years old A British citizen, a Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of the Irish Republic or a Foreign National with unrestricted right of residence in the UK Resident for three years in UK prior to application Be able to pass a fitness and medical assessment Meet the eyesight standard Prepared to work shifts and serve anywhere in the Cheshire area Dedicated to providing a service to the people of Cheshire and be prepared to uphold the Police Service Statement of Commo…
-
Hi guys, I just found out I passed the Met MSC first day assessment...woohoo! Do you know what they mean by "age" when they say the post assessment sift will look at age, criminal record etc? Do they just mean that they check you aren't 15 or 87, or are they looking for a particular specific age range? Cheers
-
How can someone fail on the medical? Just a question out of curiousity. Out of the questionaire list there was 6 boxes I ticked yes. 1.Laser eye surgery last september 2.Asthma which I have grown out of 12 year ago 3.Eczema and acne till 2006 4.Ibs till 2008 5.Gastaritus which lasted a week 2007 due to taking weight gaining bogus supplements. 6.And I had my tonsils taken out in 1988. So since 2009 I have had no major illness and my doctor has reccomended me for the fitness test. I'd like to say I'm starting to love this site because I get my answer asap. Plus I am not under weight I'm 10 stones use to be 7 back in 2006
-
Hi guys, This is my first post on here as i have just recently discovered this site. I have applied to be a Special with my local force (Bedfordshire) a couple of months ago, having passed the initial application, my process was delayed somewhat as I unfortunatly recieved a caution when i was 16 (now 20) for 'battery' - basically I got into a fight with someone over a girl (stupid I know) and about 3 punches were thrown, however after extended checks i am happy to say I now have a date (next month) for my interview and assessment. I am slightly concerned as I have no idea what to expect, obviously I intend to revise for it but having recieved no further contact from the…