Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jona_1913
    Started by jona_1913,

    Hello, Currently in the process of applying for west mercia specials, but just have a few questions, if i am successful: i work for a well known retailer, obviously there will be situations where my role as a special may be useful (eg shop lifters, d&d in the store and anti-social behaviour). I know most of the time a simple quite word with the person will suffice (as an employee), but there are occasions where this does not help. What would be the best to do in this situation? I know the last thing i should do is badge out, but what if this is unavoidable? is it best to keep the fact you are a special to a need to know basis (eg my line manager/ store manager)? …

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 2.2k views
    Smiley Culture +
  2. very special
    Started by very special,

    If i am transferring from one force to another, what level of vetting would my home force have carried out? Cheers Mike

    • 2 replies
    • 518 views
    Policey_Man +
  3. leedavies90
    Started by leedavies90,

    Hello, I completed an application quite a while ago now but have now been asked to an interview this Monday and from what I've heard I may be asked questions based on my application. I remember completing the application online but can no longer find any log in section on the south wales police jobs website. Does anybody know where I might be able to find this application? Many thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 438 views
  4. Jon-UK
    Started by Jon-UK,

    Hi all Just wondering if anyone can help me with this one. I recently applied to become a Special with Staffordshire Police but my application was rejected due to my job (conflict of interest). Staffordshire are now recruiting for regulars and i wanted to know if I can apply straight away? I know you normally you have to leave it 6 months before reapplying but if I joined the regs the conflict of interest wouldn't be there. Thanks for the help.

    • 11 replies
    • 608 views
  5. liambaker996
    Started by liambaker996,

    Hi, my name is Liam and I am nearly 17, I am looking to join the specials after my 18th birthday next year I am currently in a apprenticeship training to be a electrician however the police has always been close to my heart through school. I am looking for any information current specials can give me. Thanks, Liam

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 424 views
  6. Ad4m
    Started by Ad4m,

    Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but best spread the word to our brothers and sisters in need. BTP are taking on probationers, closing 3rd of April 2013 https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/system-117/appcentre-External/brand-2/xf-c3cfe3533c37/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/1/adv/ Sorry if already posted, best twice or more so people see!

    • 1 reply
    • 553 views
  7. jyoti kaur
    Started by jyoti kaur,

    My name is jyoti kaur I am a university student currently studying criminology, policing and forensic science. I have applied to become a special constable, I have passed my day 1 and also recieved my day 2. I had received my day 2 about three weeks ago and just got an email today saying I have failed my vetting process. There is no reason to why I could have failed this. I have called them up several times today asking them to tell me why I had failed vetting and the only thing they are telling me is under data protection Act we can not tell you. The met police have told me to appeal against but I can not do this as they are not telling me what I have failed on and i do…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 4.3k views
  8. Danny Barnes91
    Started by Danny Barnes91,

    Hi there, I am a student due to graduate in outdoor education next month, I will be moving to Kendal shortly after graduation and I am interested in becoming a PCSO. I have checked the Cumbria police website vacancies regularly for a short while now and the only job on offer at present is for a press officer. Does the Constabulary have a set time of the year for recruiting PCSO's or am I looking in the wrong place? Any other information that I could get from a PSCO or PC working in the Kendal area would be much appreciated.

    • 2 replies
    • 361 views
  9. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    Is it good practice to use the same examples as you did in the application form in your interview? The ones in the application form get you to the interview, so they must be good enough...but can/would you use them again? If the interview panel see your application form beforehand, they might think there is a lack of life experience if you can only provide one example.

    • 2 replies
    • 416 views
  10. Georgierav
    Started by Georgierav,

    hi there, just found out i have an assesment of maths, english and verbal reasoning in the next stage! just looking for general advice as ive seen a lot of people concerned about the time you are given! thanks alot georgina also i realise theres a typo.....*lancashire*

    • 1 reply
    • 742 views
    Administrative Account
  11. T18
    Started by T18,

    I'm aware this is probably one of those rumours.which has spiralled and is nowhere near the truth, but someone in our group suggested we should stop taking protein shakes before the medical as it often has something in that they don't like, is there any truth in this? I just take simple whey protein like you can get from Holland and Barrett or similar

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. adamfrancis7
    Started by adamfrancis7,

    hi everyone just joined. wondering anyone who has been through or is going through vetting like me can answer my query. i have a defaulted pay monthly phone contract of less than 150 pound and payments late will this have a major or minor effect. thank you.

    • 8 replies
    • 734 views
  13. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    Before I give the wrong answers in my interview, I just want to double check my competency understanding As I couldn't find indicators for these competencies anywhere when I was writing my examples, is it safe for me to assume: Decision Making = Problem Solving http://www.teammet.com/competencies/competency.php?id=12 Leadership = Planning and organising http://www.teammet.com/competencies/competency.php?id=13 Managing Performance = ? I just made something up for this. I hope I don't get questioned on it because I don't know the official indicators! Just want to make sure everything is right and give myself a little time to change it if necessary

    • 6 replies
    • 554 views
  14. chris841546620989
    Started by chris841546620989 * ,

    Hi guys and girls! I'm currently going through the recruitment process to join with Gwent Police as a Special Constable. I have passed the PIRT and the next step will be the interview stage. So far so good! My question is this...i want to be fully prepared for the interview stage and be ready for it. What advice, pointers or even information can you give me so that i can do some groundwork and be ready for it? Look forward to some feedback... Thanks!

    Aran PatrolStore
  15. IC9
    Started by IC9,

    Greetings all, I have cracked on with the BTP application for the April intake. However, i wish to ask a question: Can simply being disaplined cause NFA on a police application? Throughout my employment history of nine years, i have been praised for my hard worker etc. However, last year, my prevous employer disaplined me. The staff and i was shocked. I left the company, to work for someone who would welcome my work ethic. Now, in my new job, i have been awarded 'employer of the month' and spoke of highly by staff and management. I wish to add that Im currently a SC in the BTP with no problems. Same work ethic is applied. ...So, best to disclose this to HR or …

    • 5 replies
    • 611 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.