Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Matt 1
    Started by Matt 1,

    Hi everyone I need some advice. I'm looking to take a course to boost my chances of joining the police and give me more knowledge of policing. Can anyone recommend whether I take the PLC or the CKP course? Not sure which one holds the better qualification. Also what are the chances of you getting employment with the qualifications? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Regards Matt

    • 18 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. joe_cooper
    Started by joe_cooper,

    hey everyone. I'm completely new to this site and wasn't sure where to put this but I'm looking for some advice. I'm strongly considering trying to get into the police force once I've finished university, (which I'm in the third year off). Does anyone think I'll have a realistic chance of going far in the recruitment process or will having no experience be my downfall? Thanks for everyone who decided to reply.

    • 9 replies
    • 581 views
  3. IANMUSIC
    Started by IANMUSIC,

    So I passed ny first assessment recently and failed my vetting because of a verbal caution I didn't tell them about. Do I have to wait 6 months to apply for the Thames Valley?

    • 4 replies
    • 435 views
  4. DarylJohn
    Started by DarylJohn,

    When I was 18 years old I went through a weird phase with lymph nodes, where I would regularly visit the doctor to push for blood tests and biopsy's to make sure that my lymph nodes were not causing me any problems. However, the doctor was reluctant to put me through for a biopsy as he didn't see it relevant, despite telling me "We can't be 100% sure it's not cancerous without a biopsy". So, as anyone would, I wanted to be 100% sure I was fine and pushed for one, but, instead, I was referred to a psych (Who i didn't go to see) and gave up as he clearly wasn't going to let me take a biopsy. From doing my own research I have read that some physcological illnesses can p…

    • 7 replies
    • 677 views
  5. Hays13
    Started by Hays13,

    Hey I'm new so bare with me here... But have my day 1 next week and feeling a little tense. Just wondered if anyone could give me a few tips ?

    • 2 replies
    • 368 views
  6. Jonno
    Started by Jonno,

    Does anyone know whether their force accepts regular transfer applications and what % do they require for transferred assessment centres ?

    • 7 replies
    • 702 views
  7. IamAdrummerAMA
    Started by IamAdrummerAMA,

    Evening (and first post)! I have my interview next month and if I pass that (hopefully!) I will go on to the fitness test and - the part that scares me the most - vetting. I am really concerned about the vetting stage due to the sketchy nature of my family. I wouldn't say I am close to my family, I would honestly describe it as estranged. My half-brother is currently serving a jail sentence, but we have no contact. I also have another half-brother who has had run ins with the Police before and again, I have no contact. The only way I know this information is obviously due to my mother, whom I still keep in contact with for obvious reasons. On my initial applicatio…

    • 4 replies
    • 507 views
    37240932704982
  8. ollieg123
    Started by ollieg123,

    I am currently applying but have cautions and one conviction minor resulting in a hundred pound fine. On the other side of coin i have good qualifications and experience and a senior officer helping and recommending me. Please advise on my chances

    • 8 replies
    • 420 views
  9. samanthaS
    Started by samanthaS,

    Has anyone else failed it? I feel gutted as I needed 60% and got 45%! (18 questions and needed 24) I can take it again, but wanted to know if anyone else has passed the second time ....feeling really thick.....;-( Any advice is greatly appreciated. :new_doh2:

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 881 views
  10. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hi, I have been trawling the internet for days recently, trying to find some information on the veting process and i stumbled across this, i think its full of information, so would like to share it with you all. I hope the link works. http://www.met.polic...pdf/vetting.pdf

    • 1 reply
    • 441 views
    Administrative Account
  11. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hi, I have been trawling the internet for days recently, trying to find some information on the veting process and i stumbled across this, i think its full of information, so would like to share it with you all. I hope the link works. http://www.met.police.uk/careers/media/pdf/vetting.pdf

    • 1 reply
    • 391 views
  12. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Regular (full time) police officers must declare 'business interests' which may conflict with their role. Some of the following (e.g. liquor licences) will also apply to Specials: The Police Regulations 2003 and the Police Code of Conduct impose restrictions on the private lives of Police Officers in order to preserve the integrity and professional image of the police service and public trust and confidence in it. Under Regulation 8 a business interest is defined as: an officer holding any other office or employment (i.e. outside of the officer’s police role) for hire or gain, or the carrying on of any business; an officer or his / her partner or other family me…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 10.7k views
    Nelson1545926257
  13. General Purpose
    Started by General Purpose,

    I've just had an E-mail from the BTP saying I have failed on PSD checks due to either a complaint, unsuitability, discipline or anything else that could undermine. Now... Perhaps I'm being thick... I've never had a complaint made against me, or any paperwork of the sort, never been disciplined or any paperwork saying I'm being investigated.... So I'm slightly confused. I've spoken to my force's HR who say they've had no reference request through, etc... So I'm slightly confused. Any ideas?

      • Like
    • 101 replies
    • 6.1k views
    Administrative Account
  14. Kznsa
    Started by Kznsa,

    Hi All, I am new to the site and am currently going through the recruitment process for D&C specials. I thought the forum was great opportunity to meet others before the induction/ training days, although still awaiting confirmation of dates etc... I did fitness test in January 2013 and recently had & passed medical assessment. Does anyone know what the next part of process is ?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 525 views
    soontobesc1546081363
  15. Betty91
    Started by Betty91,

    Hello everyone, I had my medical test 5 weeks ago for Dorset police, the Occupational Nurse said I would receive results in 2 weeks time, I was wondering whether anyone else is experiencing a delay or if someone knows when I will be likely to receive them? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 393 views
    37240932704982

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.