Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. omoplata
    Started by omoplata,

    Hi all! Sorry if this has been asked before - I've searched and couldn't find a lot! I've got my day one AC next week (Cambs) for the Specials and I'm just finishing up my competency based interview prep. I've got answers for all but one competency "Conflict Resolution", I've looked around to try and find a list of positive indicators for this competency but I can't find any on the Internet. Does anyone have a list of indicators for this competency? I've noticed the "Resilience" competency talks about conflict resolution in a couple of positive indicators - should I be assuming that its the same competency but packaged slightly differently? Many thanks in advance for a…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 751 views
  2. thisisme
    Started by thisisme,

    Does anyone know if Specials are classed as internal applicants when applying for vacancies?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  3. JOLLYxPCSO786
    Started by JOLLYxPCSO786,

    How true is this statement? This was a comment somebody made to me after I passed my PCSO interview last year. I understand every police force has a recruitment guideline but a comment like that baffles me because he didn't mention why its hard to get in. So if this statement is true then why is it hard to get in?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Jeebs1546081084
  4. jcparks
    Started by jcparks,

    Hi guys well thats the application sent, ive been told if I send it by the end of January then I will be on the end of Februarys a/c if successful in the papersift.

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 969 views
  5. ananab
    Started by ananab,

    Hi all, Have my day 1 assessment and interview for Met Specials coming up. Just wondering in the competency interview, do they tell you which competency a question is relating to? Also will they let me refer to notes if I hit a blank? Thanks in advance!

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. 04bowmanj
    Started by 04bowmanj * ,

    Hi Guys I have recently become a special with Thames Valley Police at Reading. I am receiving emails from duty sheet asking me to login and see operartions/events i'm invited to. I just wondered if somebody could clear up what duty sheet is and what my login details might be? Cheers James

  7. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hi All, I've just looked on the Vetting papers about my partners info. I know the clue is in the questions but with regard to the question "Please enter details of any spouse or other partner with whom you are living as a couple and/or former partners who have died or from whom you have separated or divorced in the last three years." I technically dont live with my partner, im not on the electural register at her address, but I spend probably 90% of my time there, I go back to my parents house pobably once a week t collect post etc. I put down on my application that she was my partner but this has been worded differently. I know the clue is in the title lol bu I techni…

    • 8 replies
    • 548 views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  8. SC94
    Started by SC94,

    Hello everyone, I am considering making an application to become a special with Essex Police. However, before I make an application, I would be extremely grateful if someone would be able to give me some guidance regarding Epilepsy. I have suffered a total of 3 seizures in my sleep. The first seizure occurred when I was 14 (I am 18 now) and all of the seizures occurred in the space of 3 months (my last episode was in May 2009). The seizures are not photosensitive and my condition is well controlled under medication (4 tablets daily which can be taken at any time throughout the day). Would it be worth me making an application? Or is it likely that I would be rejected du…

    • 6 replies
    • 645 views
  9. reb89
    Started by reb89,

    Hi Guys, I've passed my medical today and had my dna done too. I know my current employer still needs to send in my reference and recruitment have not contacted my character references yet...but what happens next? thanks,sorry if this question has already been asked.

    • 2 replies
    • 483 views
  10. Flashgear
    Started by Flashgear,

    Well i failed my pirt test today, it was my numeracy that let me down. Anybody else in the same boat? the officier adminstering the test said that i should get the pirt specials book from Amazon, has anyone else used this?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 399 views
  11. Chris Fletcher
    Started by Chris Fletcher,

    I was thinking the other day and didn't know the answer. I am currently training for the Specials and I also work at PC World, I was wondering. When i have been issued my warrant card and a theft if committed at my place of work. What would be the best thing to do? Chris

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. CELL
    Started by CELL,

    Hey Guys! How's everyone!? I’m new to the forum but decided to join and hopefully get some answers for question troubling me. I just recently passed through the selection processes (yay!), and also the vetting process. MET contacted me with preferred dates of the training which I chose but now I also need to choose my borough. They have provided me with the list of available boroughs : Waltham Forest Southwark Lewisham Hackney Tower Hamlets Hammersmith & Fulham Barking & Dagenham Bromley Brent Barnet Hounslow Wandsworth Ealing Hillingdon Enfield Haringey It's quite a long list to choose from (which perhaps is good as I've got something to choose from). I was …

    • 5 replies
    • 504 views
  13. matt10862
    Started by matt10862,

    Hello Guys Just wanted to know what you think, i have been going to my doctors for the past 4 months now due me noticing a tremour in my hands and sometimes in my arms and wondered weather it could affect my recruitment the best way to describe the tremor is like it being similar to when you have an adrenalin burst after dealing with a fight or treating a seriously ill casualty for the first time, for example it is noticeable when drinking water in a plastic cup or holding plastic cutlery but 247. i have recently gone for an MRI to look further into it but wondered weather you guys think that it could impact on my chances of being a special as i currently passed vetti…

    • 4 replies
    • 511 views
  14. JOLLYxPCSO786
    Started by JOLLYxPCSO786,

    Hi there all In early 2008 I was diagnosed with depression will this effect my chances in becoming a PCSO. I have pass the interview and I am fit for the fitness test.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 596 views
  15. stimar
    Started by stimar,

    Hi guys, Long time reader, first time poster, and hopefully to post more regularly Basically looking for a little advice! Here's the run down.... Initially I applied for the Fife Constabulary Regular Force. Completed everything for my assessments, even coming well ahead of a probationary officer in my fitness! Unlucky to fail on the Final Interview... Basically asked if I can move my application to the Specials, to which I got my final interview for this, which I passed. Just had my medical. Re my asthma, she said that this may be subject to the discretion of the Constabulary's Dr? Though I have asthma it's mild and being mild, the fact I also done well in my f…

    • 6 replies
    • 602 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.