Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all Just a quick question about Tulliallan, I was hoping someone could help. Are you allowed to go home on the weekends? I have a family and it would be nice to see them a few days out of the week. Also does anybody have any advice or stories that might help / amuse me:) Cheers as always.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. _HD_
    Started by _HD_,

    Hi, I have slightly red dyed hair and was wondering if I will need to dye it before I go to have my photo taken for my ID?

    • 4 replies
    • 436 views
  3. Guest NoMore
    Started by Guest NoMore,

    Passed my assessment fitness in few week.. The vettin part is the worrying part.. Dont know why but what can vettin fail you on?

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 6.9k views
  4. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hello all, So here it it, I applied twice for the force both failed paper sift and finally I managed to get the chance to be selected for a PCSO selection centre today, I revised the competencies and thought I knew the written test, the fitness test was easy. However, the Interview was very difficultt, I think I did ok though, but sure that was not enough, the written test was difficult, I struggled to write quickly if I am honest. I guess, I am just a little deflated today, as I thought I could of done much better, but realise its really hard to do well in these kind of assessments, do most people find this assessments difficult? How long does it take people to try…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. IANMUSIC
    Started by IANMUSIC,

    4 days till my first assessment for a special in the met.Whats the best advice you can give?How long do you have to wait to find out whether you have been successful?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 387 views
  6. Mitch249
    Started by Mitch249,

    Morning all, Just a quick question, from your experience roughly how long did the recruitment process last, and how long did it take to get to each stage? My application has been sent off and the closing date has passed. The first intake is in July so all i know is i have 5 months to do it all. Cheers in advance Mitch

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1k views
  7. IANMUSIC
    Started by IANMUSIC,

    hi I don't know any professional people that I have known for over 5 years.Could I put my auntie down who is a social worker and a friend that I have known for over 10years who is a nurse?

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    Evening all I have just realised something :new_no: Today I have passed my Vetting :new_sweat: at the same Time G4S have offered me a post as a SAFETY STEWARD ​now would that be a conflict of interests ? :new_no: Because if it is, I would need to withdraw my application with G4S or would I have to ring up vetting/HR to get a definitive answer ?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 703 views
  9. flexz0r
    Started by flexz0r,

    They're holding it as SET's, then if pass, fitness test (same afternoon) then shower and interview (all in the one day). I was under the impression they were 3 seperate stages. Anyway that's cool, convenient that it's all in one go. According to the letter, we bring PE kit for the fitness and suit up obviosuly for the interview part (assuming successful completion of prior stages). That said, theres no suggested dress code for the SET section. Suggestions anyone? Literally any input whatesoever is appreciated. I'm looking at the SET's and I know fitness is in check. No idea what to expect if I get to the interview part though.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 720 views
  10. edmund_blackadde
    Started by edmund_blackadde,

    I today received my offer from BTP and am, predictably, over the moon. I haven't had a chance to contact recruitment about this today, though I will tomorrow, but I was wondering if there is police accommodation available in London over the course of the training period? I recently spoke to an officer who started around 18 months ago, who said that he stayed in a MetPol building for the 20-odd weeks of training. There's nothing about this in the offer email though. Does anyone know if this temporary accommodation is still available? Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 426 views
  11. banjo99
    Started by banjo99,

    What does the medical assessment involve and is there any way I can prepare for it?

    • 2 replies
    • 414 views
    Administrative Account
  12. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Due to Windsor, police forces are now implementing new qualification requirements for a person who wants to join the police. Before there was no need to have a qualification to join the Police. Also now some forces will recruit new officers from £19,000. Wiltshire Constabulary is the first force in 2013 to recruit new PCs but a person will need 5 GCSEs A to C ( No Policing qualification) and will have their salary start at £19,000. At the near end of 2012 when TVP started to recruit new officers externally they required people to have 2 A levels. Some forces such as the Met requires people from April 2013 to have a policing qualification (Certificate of Knowledge in Po…

      • Like
    • 113 replies
    • 6.5k views
  13. Littleplod
    Started by Littleplod,

    I am new so Hi! :new_wave: Approx 7 weeks ago I failed my fitness test. I got relatively little warning (approx 10 days notice) and my brother led me to believe it was so easy I shouldn't worry....so I didn't. I passed the strength tests (just) but only got to 4.1 on the bleep and wanted to physically vomit. I had practised the bleep at home and could get to 5.4 just but on the day he made us jog around for 5 minutes and I didn't get time to catch my breath we just went straight into the bleep test so I was already out of breath. I assumed I was fit as I have horses and have had them all my life so I am very active and muck out on a daily basis. My BMI is 20. I am very …

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 932 views
  14. gaLcH
    Started by gaLcH,

    I'm a little confused with this process. From what i've found on the internet, level 3 looks to be the same level as a police officer, special and PCSO, minus a CTC check. The vetting forms looked exactly the same as the specials forms for Notts police. My questions are; Are my findings right to suggest this process exactly the same? Would they be as strict with this level of vetting? Has anyone here had this check?

    • 3 replies
    • 647 views
  15. Ashbashbumrash
    Started by Ashbashbumrash,

    Got a letter through for a drugs test appointment today. It says on the latter I will have to tell them of prescribed drugs such as pain killers etc. About a month/2 months ago I had a urine infection and used some variant of penicillin to treat it, it worked as it should but I didn't get a prescription for it, I got the medication from our medicine cupboard. Will this fail me ?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 724 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.