Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. johnston93
    Started by johnston93,

    Hi, I appllied to West Mercia Police for the Specials in April 2012. I have just give them a call and have been told I have passed by CBQ's and application. I am now on the waiting list for the assessment centre which could be the end of Feb or end of May. I was told that the system is down which generates feedback letters - should recvive this in the next few weeks! Im really nervous now about the assessment centre! anyone have any ideas whats involved??? Cheers,

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. mcguire247
    Started by mcguire247,

    Hi all, Recieved an email about training starting in February on the 20th December and was told to respond within 5 working days. So I assumed that the 5th working day would be on 28th. I've been now trying to get in contact with the recruitment people since,all I get is an answerphone. Surely by now they should be back on normal open hours but still can't get through. Anyone in the same boat or know who else i should call? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 415 views
  3. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, I am interested to know, if police officers new and old are eligable to claim Working Tax Credit?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 799 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  4. heywhatsup
    Started by heywhatsup,

    Can someone help me out please... I am currently 17 looking on to becoming a special constable next year. Can someone please advise me which force is better to join .I currently live in Central London Within Zone 2. I want to join a force with great work ethics and also benifits . I'm thinking now whether to join the BTP or Metropolitan Police. Maybe work as a special in the stations and then some times out and about? Any suggestions would grately help! Thank you!

      • Like
    • 75 replies
    • 3.4k views
    SierraLimaSierra
  5. MysticMike1546081498
    Started by MysticMike1546081498,

    Hi all, I have passed the 'sift' stage (Durham Constabulary) and am awaiting my assessment day with crossed fingers and knotted stomach! Although I'm extremely keen on becoming a Special, I have a few concerns/questions that I hope you guys can help me with: 1. I work full-time, so most of my shifts will be at weekends. Although I rarely have to work weekends with my day job, when I do it's often at very short notice (i.e. I get the dreaded phone call at 4pm on Friday!) . How much notice of shifts would I get/have to give? The last thing I want is to agree to a (police) shift on a Saturday then have my boss assign me a shift that takes place at the same time. 2. I'm su…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 610 views
    MysticMike1546081498
  6. themechanic
    Started by themechanic,

    Evening all-- I have previously applied to a force in the UK and passed the papersift stage. I was invited to interview but unfortunately failed the interview. I was wondering if I could simply re-submitt the exact same papersift part of my application for the next time I apply. The competency questions are still the same and the answers I used the first time around were obviously good enough to pass, as I passed the papersift - is it possible to simply copy and paste the answers back over for the second application? Cheers.

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Prae1546081277
  7. DannyRoseAfro
    Started by DannyRoseAfro,

    A curious one! Help please and a bit of guidance appreciated. My daughter who passed out from Hendon at the end of July 12 has been trying to get her first shift organised with her station. Firstly, all the other people that passed out within the group, met their Station Sergeant before the course was completed. My daughter never. She has tried contacting various people and been given the run around. She e-mailed her Sergeant on one occasion and was told off for calling him by his wrong title (used name rather than Sergeant). She went to the station, completed her expense claim (still unpaid),did some N Calts, took her uniform up to the station and organised a locke…

    Aran PatrolStore
  8. Sharman99
    Started by Sharman99,

    I just missed the open time for the s/c any idea on when they will start letting people applying again in 2013 ?? Or even pc ??

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 735 views
  9. Ljay
    Started by Ljay,

    Hi I have just passed the paper sift and have an assessment centre date of 13th December :-) Just wondered what they do at the assessment centre and if the interview is on that day or at a later date? Leisha :-)

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hi all, I e-mailed the BTP as they were recruiting for a PCSO campaign, I asked them if I can apply as I had a caution for criminal damage seven years ago, I basically got involved with a domestic argument with my brother and I broke the living room door, my mum pressed charges. I received an email today saying that this will prevent me from applying! Can this be so??!! I mean for god sake its a bloody caution and I am sorry! Or is the BTP more strict with this kind of thing! Afterall it does state each case is considered on merit. I am still waiting for the papersift results! I am seriously and very sadly starting to give up hope on this, the argument was after my fat…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. Javioli
    Started by Javioli,

    I'm interested to know how many English forces require a further interview after being successful at the national NPIA SEARCH centres - anyone know?

    • 17 replies
    • 738 views
  12. Channelmoon
    Started by Channelmoon,

    Anyone know about the Met Police online app form. The continuation area box, how much or how little and what info has anyone put before? I have done a few short paragraphs about current and prev work experience and race & diversity.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 567 views
  13. chrism86
    Started by chrism86,

    Hi guys Just signed up on here but have browsed the topics quite a few times. I'm currently at the interview stage of applying for Police Scotland and would like to ask if theres anything special I might get sneakily swung my way at the interview! I'm aware that I should know my divisions and sub-divisions and who the movers and shakers are and also know about race and diversity inside out. Also talking to serving probationers is a must. Thanks in advance guys, just going to set up my profile now with a picture and so on so you know who I am! Cheers guys Chris

    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Nelson1545926257
  14. guy123
    Started by guy123,

    Hi, A quick question that I think I know the answer to but after looking through the forums I can't see the definitive answer. I had an application running with Force A for a regular PC and had passed the Day 1 SEARCH assessment, however after being on hold for 13 months I used the SEARCH scores to join another force (Force B) as a Special - transferring the application. This meant that I went straight to the final interview with Force B for the Specials without having to do the Specials Day 1 assessment. I still completed a specials application form (as requested by Force B), but just added in a copy of all my SEARCH results from Force A. I have since attested as …

    • 1 reply
    • 454 views
  15. Guest NoMore
    Started by Guest NoMore,

    Passed the paper stage got email today was well happy, nervous about the assessment.. Got it on the 12th of January but my handwriting isn't the best and I always write in capitals on paper to make it look neater is that acceptable on written test?

    • 2 replies
    • 397 views
    nick66891546081139

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.