Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    Hi guys, sorry if asked already but do I find out wether or not I've passed my day 2 on the actual day or after a certain period of time. And as vague as this question is how difficult is the eyesight, hearing and bleep test? Although I've practiced and should be ok, do they allow you to miss the bleep a couple of times?

    • 1 reply
    • 407 views
  2. SW_matt
    Started by SW_matt,

    I've got my JRFT in a weeks time and was just thinking ahead to vetting etc. when the thought struck me. My dad about 18 years back was caught up in his parents mortgage, they asked him to take up equity in their house in return for a couple of rooms I think it was . Whilst away with the Royal Navy they essentially neglected to keep up with the payments and on his return from sea informed him that he would need to begin paying a more hefty contribution else they would inform his CO (which could result in discipline/discharge due to this connection to the property). Anyway long story short they still neglected to keep up with payments despite my father paying most of it re…

    • 4 replies
    • 413 views
  3. Jam741
    Started by Jam741,

    Just had my medical today... Nice big bald patch from where they took hair for the drugs test haha! Results to follow in a week or two so fingers crossed! (although I am hopeful as i arent a frequent drug user ) How long has it taken others to get a start date through after medical? Cheers!

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 872 views
  4. Roxy1546081485
    Started by Roxy1546081485,

    Well I am furious that from April 2013 they are introducing this extra hurdle for me to cross. I'm not IPS yet, and when I signed up to the Met this was not a requirement so I feel really annoyed they are suddenly saying if you aren't IPS by April then you have to shell out money to do this course! I really really hope there is a recruitment drive before then as I will be hugely annoyed if my career is put on hold for a year to do a pathetic course when I'm already a post graduate. I can understand it for teenager's wanting to join who have no common sense or qualifications but honestly, for the ones of us that do it's very unfair. Just seems like another way to slow down…

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Administrative Account
  5. c07
    Started by c07,

    Has anyone applied to to be a special who was in the stages of discharging from the army?? I called recruitment there but they said they have to contact the army and they usually delay it my 3 months or something? Also if they say you have passed short listing what does that mean?

    • 9 replies
    • 437 views
  6. SnakeEyes
    Started by SnakeEyes,

    Anyone know how strict they are on your BMI test. already passed fitness test but my bmi is 35.9 which is well over! Im fit as in I can run and walk miles.. My day job is similar to a police role Walking over 7 miles per day and foot chases ect..

    • 21 replies
    • 638 views
  7. Kacey
    Started by Kacey,

    Hi all, I applied for the DDO position back in May and have finally been given a training start date for the 7th January. I know this job is based on a rotating shift pattern but i'm not really sure what it means as in terms of how many days on/off ect. If anyone knows could you explain it to me please? Thanks in advance for any replies

    • 0 replies
    • 384 views
  8. SnakeEyes
    Started by SnakeEyes,

    Just a quick question. In the Medical Exam do they take hair for the drugs test or urine? If anyone knows the answer for Warwickshire thats great but any answers are welcome. I am not a druggy so no people saying I am, im merly asking because I am getting my hair cut and did not want to get it to short before the medical if they take hair.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 880 views
  9. kin28
    Started by kin28,

    Hey everyone, i am attending an assessment centre for essex specials next week. They have now changed the core competencies to the PPF (policing professional framework) for the interview. These are the competencies of decision making, professionalism, serving the public, service delivery and working with others. They have no positive indicators like the old system did. Im having trouble thinking of examples of serving the public (public service) as the competency consists of: Demonstrates a real belief in public service, focusing on what matters to the public and will best serve their interests. Understands the expectations, changing needs and concerns of different …

    • 6 replies
    • 6.1k views
  10. BarnsleyNick
    Started by BarnsleyNick,

    Hi, Today I received news that I had passed the assessment centre for South Yorkshire Police and along with it came a forest worth of forms. I'm currently on with filling out details of family members, but do I have to put down details of family members that I do not really have contact with? For example I have regular contact with my uncle on my dads side, but no real contact with two uncles on my mothers side (last time I saw them was at a funeral), would I still need to put them down? Many Thanks!

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 455 views
  11. onurlevent

    Just wondering how they test eyesight and hearing, what does the test involve? I was also wondering what you BMI needs to be. Thanks guys!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 447 views
  12. Javioli
    Started by Javioli,

    Hypothetically speaking, if a person has dyscalculia is there anything that can be done to help? They're bound to struggle with the numeracy tests.

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Smiley Culture +
  13. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hi all, I received news from Gwent police my application was not successful only a week after submission, the generic feedback was: Good Afternoon Candidate, Further to your unsuccessful application for Special Constable, please see below generic feedback, which should be taken on board if submitting any future applications: Question 1 Planning and Organising Police officers, and Special Constables must plan and carry out activities in an orderly and well structured way. They must prioritise tasks and use time in the best possible way, as well as working within appropriate policy and procedures. You should detail how you prioritised and organised your workload, …

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Neotank
    Started by Neotank,

    Hi all, finally recieved a start of training date :-) just waiting for my official confirmation letter, which I will hopefully get this week! My borough I have been appointed is Enfield. Is there parking spaces available there? Also could someone tell me what the salary is? (Can Private message me that if you want). And also the shift pattern. Any news will be greatly appreciated. As I said I don't mind a private message to keep details out of the public domain. Also what the 6 weeks training will be like?? Regards.

    • 3 replies
    • 400 views
    JMGPannal1546080978
  15. c07
    Started by c07,

    Got an e-mail saying to sign a form to biometric testing, it was about a week after my application that mean anything? Like have they looked at it at all?

    • 3 replies
    • 627 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.