Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SnakeEyes
    Started by SnakeEyes,

    Ok, guys this is my first post here. I have done the PIR and passed with ease, Gone through the Security checks and passed. My next step is Fitness test which is tomorrow at 10am.. Im a little bit nervous but im confident in reaching 5.4 in a bleep test.. Do you go straight into the bleep test or do they make you do a Level 4 bleep before to warm up? heard this on another forum but was rather out dated. Second thing is Interview stage.. Any advice? maybe a look into what they actually ask of you ect? Im attending the interview workshop on 24th so this should help but the interview is my biggest fear.. Any advice or anyone on my intake please respond, Thanks, Neal

    • 6 replies
    • 480 views
  2. futurecopper
    Started by futurecopper,

    Hi, I'm looking to apply to Avon and Somerset as a special after I turn 18 in November. Now is it true that they get a reference from all of your employers from the last 10 years? The thing is, I was sacked from my part time job at a local Burger joint due to misunderstanding, there was an incident that in my boss's opinion "showed a very poor standard of customer service". Myself and my colleagues disagreed, but that's not the point. The point is, I don't think this employer will give me a good reference, so although I should have good ones from my other and current employers, I want to know whether it will affect my application at all.

    • 11 replies
    • 918 views
  3. Bridge31
    Started by Bridge31,

    Hi im 18 years old and I would to join the police specials, however i was issued a s.59 warning for driving a few months ago, do you think this will affect me joining?

    • 6 replies
    • 735 views
  4. BarnsleyNick
    Started by BarnsleyNick,

    Hi, I don't know if this has been brought up before, however do you know what requirements are for hair length for male specials? I have long-ish hair, a little more than collar length and I intend to get it cut but i'm just wondering how much I could get away with because I don't really like having my hair too short. Also, I have the assessment centre coming up in a couple of weeks, should I get it cut to 'requirements' before then? Many Thanks - Nick

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 1.9k views
  5. Ryan#
    Started by Ryan# +,

    To all, I'm currently at College now, studying AS Film & BTEC Creative Media Dimplma. I am predicted good grades (for something I'm not really interested in!) - I've got GCSE'S to a resaonably high standard; achieving the necessary grades in Maths & English. English being my strongest! I call upon you, for your help! - I wish to know 'any' Universities or Colleges which teach: - Policing Foundation or Full Degree - Policing & Criminology Degree I know Oxford Brookes teaches Policing Foundation Degree, but I feel I won't be challenged enought; there is also no 'top-up' to make it a Full Degree! I would really love 'your' help! - I'd highly appreciate it …

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Smiley Culture +
  6. WillH1546081252
    Started by WillH1546081252 * ,

    Simple question, for myself and others who are wondering. If you fail, or score bad in a test for the specials, does it ultimately fail you joining the specials? if you make good decisions, dedication, right attitude, levelheaded, is it still possible for you to pass? If the trainers, assessors, etc, can see that you have all the right qualities but numerical reasoning (example) you find hard, and may do bad at the test. I hear a lot from police friends, that it's not always about what you score, etc. I myself am confident with most the tests, and with practice I can become better. I look forward to the special applications opening up in the next few months.

    • 3 replies
    • 396 views
    Administrative Account
  7. Space Marine1546081368
    Started by Space Marine1546081368,

    It probably sounds like a silly question but can anyone give me some tips on what to wear? Its only for tomorrow as I've been told I have to wear the uniform for the rest of the training. Well apart from OPT of course. I'm sure i'm overthinking it, but would turning up in casual clothing be alright? Cheers :new_yes:

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 484 views
  8. BarnsleyNick
    Started by BarnsleyNick,

    Hi, I got the material for my assessment centre date in a couple of weeks and have been reading through it. Just a few questions, mostly to clear a few things up are you allowed to take any prepared material into the interview? will the 4 questions be straightfoward directly related to the competency e.g. "Explain a situation where you were resilient?" or more specific? Can you use the same situation to demonstrate two different competencies that you exhibited? Is the Situational Judgement test timed? Are 4 competencies selected from Personal Responsibility, Resilience, Teamworking, Respect for Race and Diversity and Oral communication or is Oral communication asses…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.3k views
  9. The Jackal
    Started by The Jackal,

    Hi, this is my first post on this forum. Apologies if this has been answered before but I was wondering about the vetting process in relation to the start date. I have been e-mailed a list of start dates (i.e. 23 weekdays or 23 weekends etc) with instructions to call or email to book which one I would prefer. I did so yet have not received a response and was wondering if anyone knows if this means the vetting checks have come through already or not. This is in regards to the Met Special Constables. Would appreciate any responses.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. I Grade Snail
    Started by I Grade Snail,

    Anyone aspiring regulars ever been on one? Thoughts on them?

    • 2 replies
    • 405 views
  11. XxLauraxX
    Started by XxLauraxX,

    Hey everyone. I was just wondering is there an age limit on volunteering for this?? And do you need to complete a bleep test before you can volunteer?? Thank you! :new_yummy:

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Administrative Account
  12. XxLauraxX
    Started by XxLauraxX,

    How old do you have to be to volunteer as a police Special Also is there certain grades you need or any test you must complete before volunteering?

    • 1 reply
    • 402 views
    Administrative Account
  13. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all Does anybody know what type of questions are likely to be asked at the interview stage of an application to the d and g force? Cheers Andy

    • 0 replies
    • 344 views
  14. AlphaDelta17
    Started by AlphaDelta17,

    Hi guys, I recently fell at the final hurdle (the final interview) for the Cambs regs for November intake. Naturally I was gutted but they recommended since I got so far through, that I reapply as a Special which I have done. I'm waiting on feedback from my interview but can anyone offer any advice that might help me be more successful with the specials? And in what way will the application process be different to the one I've already done? Cheers!!! Alex

      • Like
    • 47 replies
    • 2.5k views
  15. Ryan#
    Started by Ryan# +,

    Special Constabulary; Specials National Rectruit Assessment I've recently applied for 'Dorset Police, Special Constabulary' and currently waiting upon the results of the application. I have wished to be a Police Officer from the age of 4; I'm sure many of you are the same! I've had many sleepless nights worrying about the answers I put down on my application, knowing everything written is of the highest standard, represents me, as a person and what Skills and Qualities I currently obtain. However, for those who have completed their 'Application Paper-Sift, and their Specials National Recruit Assessment, would it be at all possible to help me understand and establish…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 383 views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.