Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Scoobydoo
    Started by Scoobydoo,

    Is this normal? Are other people experiencing this delay? I have called them on this number previously 0208 358 0344 and they just say they are behind and it will be processed soon - have now tried calling again and no one picks up! I should have surely heard something by now? Help!!? N

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 599 views
  2. Scoobydoo
    Started by Scoobydoo,

    Hi, I am getting ahead of myself as i still have yet to pass the assessments! BUT i was wondering what happens once you get a training date - for example if you already have a holiday booked and paid for smack bang in the middle of it? Are they quite flexible or would it be a case of passing up that training date and waiting for another..? 23 weeks out of a year is a lot of saturdays to not ever have another commitment on?

    • 7 replies
    • 459 views
  3. Space Marine1546081368
    Started by Space Marine1546081368,

    I've passed vetting and I'm on a training course this October! I still have to recieve my formal letter, but HR rang me just minutes ago saying someone had dropped from the next course and would I like to replace them? Obviously I said yes! They've sent me a training programme by email just now and as soon as I confirm I can attend, they are sending me out my formal letter of appointment and details for uniform fitting! Damn it, I'm so excited! It sent shivers up my spine when the lady said, '"I'm sorting out your collar number." After my final medical last week, I was just waiting for some letter to arrive, and then this just came out of the blue. I'm so happy, thanks to…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. MSWM
    Started by MSWM,

    Hello Everyone, I've been emailed my application form and have a few questions. Although the application says either black ink or type face, is there one they prefer? Also, I don't know if it's my limited IT skills, but when typing into the boxes, my answers are highlighted in a dark grey, and I can't do any spell checks, is this normal or is it my computer? Regards Mike

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 811 views
  5. Rachel_92
    Started by Rachel_92,

    Hiya, I was wondering if anyone can help me, I've started my specials application and I am struggling on one of the questions. "Please tell us about any other skills you have such as driving or language skills and any voluntary or community activities you have been involved with including activities relevant to support your application' The only thing which I can think of is that I can drive?! Does anyone have any idea what it is their actually looking for? I can't just put down that I drive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 421 views
  6. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    I always thought there were seven competencies however in the info pack I got sent by the Met there are only five, which is it?

    • 5 replies
    • 434 views
  7. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    Sorry if its already been asked and answered (I looked but could't find any relevant threads). I was wondering how soon you find out if you've passed your day 1 with the met police. Is it immediately?

    • 0 replies
    • 527 views
  8. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    I went to a preparation day prepared by the met and we sat a mock written test about resolving an issue in a shopping centre where two stores are having difficulties sharing a lift. I read that there are two written tests on the day 1, are both of a similar nature to the once which I sat in the mock? Thanks!

    • 0 replies
    • 397 views
  9. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    Hello, I just got CC'd in an email to my previous employer. What I didn't know was how indepth the reference request was. I gave my last job as a reference. Now I didn't have a great time there, I fell out with a manager and they made my life hell on earth from that point onwards. I have contacted HR for my previous employment and they agreed to give me a reference. My main concern is, I walked out of the job AND had 1 or 2 disciplinaries. One of the questions on the reference request is 'Has the candidate ever been subject to disciplinary proceedings during their course of employment? If Yes, please provide further details.' I know I have 2 good personal references. B…

    • 4 replies
    • 876 views
  10. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    Just had an email from HR Shared Services saying my application is currently waiting to be papershifted, what does this mean?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 626 views
  11. S1234
    Started by S1234,

    Just been given a conditional offer for Dounreay with the CNC. Was just wanting to confirm, do you definitely get free travel home every weekend during the first 8 weeks?

    • 11 replies
    • 751 views
  12. gw01993
    Started by gw01993,

    Hi all I have my consolidation soon, i know its a kind of assessment but dont really know what to expect on the day. It lasts around six hours. Whats the set-up like? How strict is it on minor/major faults etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    • 0 replies
    • 404 views
  13. Puzzler93
    Started by Puzzler93,

    Hi Guys, I applied for a special constable, for the met, passed my day 1 back in May, and have received a date for my day 2 assessment on the 24th September. Unfortunately I am unable to make the make the day they have given me so emailed them back asking to change my date. I got a reply saying I will be given another date in due course, but my question is; does anyone know approx. how long the wait will be to receive another date? Thank You

    • 1 reply
    • 463 views
  14. CFreeman
    Started by CFreeman,

    Hello peeps, Website: http://www.talkingblues.co.uk/ Course info: http://www.talkingblues.co.uk/services/talking-blues-course/index.php I am looking at doing the day course to prepare for the assessment centre. Anyone done or know anything about the course? And if it will help? Thank you, CFreeman

    • 9 replies
    • 784 views
  15. karl1
    Started by karl1,

    Hi all Next week I have my interview and PIRT tests and not sure exactly what to prepare my self. I'm going through the following books; Police Special Constable Test Questions and Answers Police Tests: How to PASS the Police Initial Recruitment Test (PIRT): 1 But in the police tests there is a written exercise where you have to read a paragraph on a situation and give your recommendations on how to improve the situation. Does anyone know what sort of questions will be asked with in the PIRT tests and how long you get for them? Any help will be much appreciated Karl

    • 3 replies
    • 795 views
    Seawolf1546081376

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.