Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hello all, Really silly question, sorry if this has been posted previously, I am completing a specials application, it states 'You must complete all sections in this form in person, in either black ink or type-face.' Does type-face mean typed? Or is Type-face, capitals but in ink? I am planning to call them to confirm, my handwritting is quite big, its not clear how many words you can use for each compentency, I am planning to type everything else on computer and handwrite the competnecy sections to be on the safe side. Any comments really appreciated. Best Wishes.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  2. jack.t
    Started by jack.t,

    Hi All, I'm hoping somebody can give me some information about what i can expect for the 'Final Interview'. Weirdly, this will be before my assessment centre, but on the same day, which is very confusing. It is not a mistake either, it is mentioned throughout the letter and is done like this to make the process quicker apparently. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Jack

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. LiamEFC
    Started by LiamEFC,

    Hi, Let me cut a long story short. I was accepted to become a special back in 2007 I passed all the interviews etc and was ready to start training. I was then arrested for D&D and issued a fixed penalty. I feel I was wrongly arrested but did not complain as I felt this would go against my chances of joining the force. I was later removed from the specials after telling them about my arrested. I also got arrested in 2010 for D&D after a complaint was made against me wrongfully then dropped but the officers decided to arrest me anyway for D&D. Both times in the station the custody officers have read me my charges and made me sign as soon as I arrived becau…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Administrative Account
  4. cwhite90999
    Started by cwhite90999,

    Hi, I have a question that has probably been asked on here before so I apologise if it is rehashing old material. I would say I have a very slight stammer, nothing serious, nothing of Arkwright levels. But since I started working in a call centre 7 months ago I have noticed it can be worse than it normally is. I haven't discounted it could just be worse due to stress (only had 1 day off in 7 months and that was a sick day. By days off I mean beyond any scheduled days off). I was just wondering how much of a bother it could be if it would even be considered a bother.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 876 views
  5. AaronLJStone
    Started by AaronLJStone,

    So I've got my first A/C day on the 20th, and I've got a few brief questions to ask! (I'm also aware that only general assistance is permitted, so I'm not expecting any hugely in depth answers, just a simple yes or no, or this or that, if it's allowed) 1.) It's required that I bring two forms of identification to the centre, as I don't have a valid passport. It mentions being able to bring a utility bill as proof of address. Would this have to be addressed to myself, or would it be acceptable to use one addressed to my parents, as I'm currently living with them? If not, I'll be able to use my Birth Certificate alongside my Driving Licence , but I'm dreading digging throu…

    • 1 reply
    • 338 views
  6. BlueRedBlue
    Started by BlueRedBlue,

    Hi All! Im leaving the Army soon and i aim to one day become a Police Officer in Themes Vally Police, I need to do some A levels first and im goin to Join as a Special whilst i do them, also this seems to be the best way of getting into the Police lately!! Iv got 2 things im wondering if anyone can answer for me. 1: Will i be able to go through the intervies/assesments and possibly start some of the training whilst im in the process of leaving the army, it takes about a year and im hopeing to get the ball rolling whilst im leaving. 2: I have some tattoos, iv been told they shouldent be a drama but im looking for a bit of clarification, i have emailed TVP but they are …

    • 14 replies
    • 921 views
  7. honestyvo
    Started by honestyvo,

    Hey everyone, I was just wondering if regular police officer accessment scores are transferable to other forces? I have read somewhere that is it? But just wanted to double check. If so, are they immediately transferable or do you still have to wait the 6 months? As long as the force you wish to transfer to are recruiting? Thanks, as always everyone.

    • 5 replies
    • 456 views
  8. dizzi141
    Started by dizzi141,

    Does anyone else feel like they're doing this? We've been fed a rumour (fairly reliable source) that recruitment is opening imminently here, and it'll be a fairly speedy process which I got all excited about. But since then we've been given no official information about time frames. I've been waiting 4 years for recruitment. I'm looking at booking my honeymoon next Easter, but am worried about doing this in case it all goes well and that's guaranteed to be when training starts. So, what would you do? Book a holiday? Or hold off in case?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 779 views
  9. shaun65
    Started by shaun65,

    Does anyone know if there is any news on recriutment for PCOs in Cumbria/Barrow. I am currently waiting for my Medical/fitness test and have been waiting nearly 4mths. Is this normal or is it a case of there are no places so i am not going to get a date for the Medical. Which means no chance of getting into the "Force"

    • 4 replies
    • 775 views
  10. Special Superman
    Started by Special Superman,

    Hi Im new to this site and just wanted to ask what is the process from a special to a regular, I have just started training as a special in lancashire with the goal of one day becoming a regular but probably not for three years till i finish my apprenticeship. My question is really how the internal recruitment works, is there a site to go on or do you just hear about it in the station? Thanks for any help hope i have been clear in my question

    • 6 replies
    • 524 views
  11. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    I have looked at my experian report this week and Shocked to see that I have a default on there,I had a credit card in 2004 of when I was working full time but when I was made redundant I had an arrangement with the company to pay off at a monthly fee and have never missed and always paid over what they asked. After seeing this I called to see why this had happened and was told after so long this always goes to a recovery department but at no point was I informed of this. Is this going to cause a problem for police financial vetting?? I have wrote also to the company to see the reason I wasnt told about this.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 511 views
  12. TheSwift
    Started by TheSwift,

    Hi guys, I'm in an extremely frustrating situation. I am currently on hold after passing my assessment centre but I have very little chance of getting in before the result is voided in July 2013. I worked very hard to pass the A/C and would be gutted if it went to waste. I don't know what to do now. Surrey Police is a real possibility but the dreaded PLC course causes a major obstacle. Are there any forces out there currently, or will very soon be, recruiting that will accept my A/C result? Thanks in advance! The Swift

    • 3 replies
    • 429 views
  13. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    Hello. I'm new here so don't bite my head off. I'm going to be 18 in April and live in London. I therefore hope to apply to the Metropolitan Police (specials) when I'm of age but I should hopefully be going off to university in. Autumn 2013. Is it possible to serve as a Special Constable for say Staffordshire , Surrey or Thames Valley or even say Newcastle and also remain as one for the Met. If that bit confused you..... What I basically want to know is can I serve as a special with the met (when on break , holiday etc......) And with whatever force happens to cover my uni area. Thanks for your help guys.

      • Like
    • 50 replies
    • 4.1k views
  14. giddens
    Started by giddens,

    I not sure if anyone has mentioned this but TeesPort are currently looking to recruit 3 Police Officers. According to the add applications are still open however there was a 2nd add that's been taken off the website. So it may have closed early. http://www.pdports.co.uk/en/corporate/careers/Harbour-Police-Constable/

    • 0 replies
    • 773 views
  15. shaun65
    Started by shaun65,

    I am begining to think that i am not meant to become a PCSO. I had my interview in early May this year. I was successful and am awaiting medical/fitness test. I have not heard anything from Cumbria Constabulary and am thinking now they are not taking on. I check daily to see if they are taking people on and it says they are not actively recruiting at the moment. Does this mean now that all the stress i have gone through with application,assessment centre and interview was for nothing. I really hope not but not hearing anything is making me feel that is it. Anybody else in same situation.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.