Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi all I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or Experiance on this. I've applied to work as a special constable. About 5 years ago I was refused due to cnflict of interet as I'm a manager of a nightclub. I applied again this year and was rung up and told that the chief thinks that it shouldn't be a problem but I may be subject to concessions and I was to give a full job description. I have no liquor licence and no SIA badge as i don't deal with security. Would the chances still be very slim of being accepted and has anyone been in this position?
-
Hello everyone I received the application form today and after having a read through it I got a little bit worried,some of my boyfriend's family (uncles,cousins) have crossed paths with the police in the years and I hope this wont jeopardize my chances,I no I don't put their names on the form but with them having the same surname as my boyfriend will they look into it a bit further?? The only time I see them is around town or when walking through the street and I will say 'hello' but that is it. I feel silly but it's better to ask Thank you.
-
I know they say 3-4 weeks but how long did it take to receive your MET MSC day 1 results and was it by post or email? Highly anticipating my results. I believe I flew through until I hit a diversity question I didn't understand
-
Good morning, I have my interview for Notts specials later this evening and just doing some more preperation. My question is can you use your application responses in the interview. The documents issued say the interviewers will only have my candidate reference number. Thanks.
-
Hi guys. I have my SETs next week and feel comfortable about them. I have printed off the samples of the strathclyde website and have done a few online tests. Can anybody recommened anything else to be fully prepared?? Thanks in advance for any help.
-
Hi all, Had my SC assessments today, thought it went ok but not going to get my hopes up... Just wondering, the interviewer that had me didnt seem to write a lot down/give anything away! Is this good/bad? Or just what they do?! Thanks
-
Just a quick but strange question Can you squint on the eye test? My eyesight is worrying me alot recently because no one seems to be able to give me a decent awnser and despite everyone saying "wait and see" Its not exactly something I want to wait for. Corrected I can see 6/6 perfectly but uncorrected with a squint I can just see 6/15. Without a squint I dont know if ill pass and no one has been able to say I can see 6/36. Im really worrying about this as my eyesight caused me to be turned down by the armed forces (detaced retina in one eye and partial blindness) and after putting alot of time, money and effort into preping for the police, I dont want to go through i…
-
I finally received and email confirming my application transfer from Humberside to Lincolnshire but I've just came up with the problem. On my application, the references used I'm no longer in contact with one of them after a fall out so should I email/call Lincs and give them a different reference? Also, I'm not sure whether its my first initial application that asked why I wanted to be a Special and more about me etc that has been transferred or whether its the one I did after that I had to give the references on. Hmm..
-
I think the written test went very well and the interview was good except for one problem. I failed to understand one of the diversity questions properly and provide an example. The assessor clarified the question and said are you sure you haven't been in a situation where your knowledge of a culture supported you. I then responded with saying I've been to a synagogue and worn a kippah and respect all cultures. Do you reckon this would cause me to fail. One question which I was not clear on?
-
Here's the story - 4 years ago I was out at the supermarket and I saw a friend round the store and they walked around with a bit. As we were leaving the store we were stopped by security and taken to a back room. Little did I know the person I had been with round the store had taken something off the shelf and eaten it and tried to leave the store without paying. The police were then called and we were both taken home. The CCTV clearly shown that I had nothing to do with this person and his antics but the security had stopped up both leaving and the police had been called for us both. Is this likely to affect the vetting process and hold me back from joining the force? …
-
Hello Is there anyone who knows the plan for MET PCSO training, i.e where abouts it will all take place and for how long, Ive been given the 8th of October as my start date. The only reason I ask is that i live some distance away from London and am looking to move a bit nearer but unsure on where training is for me to rent a property. I have email off but no response. Any help would be great Thanks guys Nick
-
Hi all, I've been in the Specials application process for just over one year now - I have passed everything and I'm waiting on a training start date so I'm almost there; at first everything was great and after over a year of waiting I really felt like everything was coming together - However, my training schedule is sure to conflict with my working rota (as I'm contracted to work on Saturdays) and my employer (one of the UK's leading supermarket chains) is not at all helpful or understanding as they are not willing to make any allowances/amendments to my working rota to cater for my training Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? If I pursue my police career, i…
-
Anybody else going to the specials assessment centre at Martlesham? I am still yet to receive my information pack and am wondering when we are supposed to receive these?
-
Hello Guys in a really sticky situation, i've passed my day 2 and i recieved a letter saying i had failed my vetting and they cant tell me why the ONLY reason i can see why i was vetting was because my house was raided by officers with a search warrant to search for drugs. On the day of the raid i told the officers would this effect my vetting and they said no as NO drugs were found on the property and there was no signs of them ever being there so they said DO NOT DECLARE it, i was the one accused of being a drug dealer which i find disgusting the officers said themselves that this must have been down to malicious calls, and i can see this being the reason as my mum and…
-
Hello all, A question if I may: Gwent Police are recruiting Specials on the 24th September, I live in Cardiff (South Wales Police Jurisdiction). I was wondering, would Gwent police prefer to recruit someone who resides/works in the Gwent area? Would it go against me because I do not live in that area/community? Putting that to the side, I am willing to do 16 hours a month service just like anyone else. As opportunities do not come often, I feel this is a good opportunity for me to try to get my foot in the door. I am not sure when South Wales will recruit next so seriously considering going for this one. I applied for the BTP last December, but I had no joy. Also if an…