Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Is it possible say to apply to be a special in one force, and out in an application for another force as well? Thanks
-
Hi everyone I am a special with the goal to become a regular one day, I was just wondering with internal recruitment is it only for your force or can internal recruitment work with any force? I am with Lancashire but say internal recruitment came up in gmp for example could i apply internally for that force or would it have to be external? Thanks for any help and does anyone know of any recruitment starting soon for any force?
-
Just got phone call to say I'd passed assessment centre and have been invited to an interview next week. It's another competency interview - I did one as part of the assessment centre so am surprised to hear there is another one to do. They did mention they had introduced an additional interview into the application process but that it was to confirm that the candidates understood the commitment being a special requires. Today I find out it's a competency based interview?! Is this normal or just a force specific thing?
-
I have my final board interview and presentation tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone have any final tips for me? I am very nervous as this is the last hurdle for me, any tips would be appreciated. Also it is not a competency based interview, even then I have scenarios for each competency. Thanks, Will
-
Forgive me if there is already a thread on this but has anyone heard anything that has applied to BTP yet. I know they said in the pack that you are not likely to hear anything until November/December time but just interested if anyone else has heard anything.
-
Hello all, I have recently recieved news which was heartbreaking; I failed the competency based questions. - I wrote about the Duke of Edinburgh (Which personally thought it was a good example for 'Teamwork Skills') and also wrote about When I was a mentor for Young people who had been bullied, not succeeding at school or those children who come from deprived areas of society (I believed this to be another good point for a time when you wasn't racist, judgemental or biased) - Sadly, the evidence given wasn't what they wished for. - I also work at Tesco, and have for almost 3 years. I now have to wait '6 months' until I can reapply for a Special Constable post; I ask of…
-
I know there's a lot of information out there, but does anyone know if it's all been pulled together into one place? I'm talking; general advice, sample English & maths tests, example questions... I've also got a lot from the NPIA site (like Candidate information) but I'm looking for more...
-
Hi All, I applied for the role of PCSO for the MET in March, I had my day 1 on May 16th and day 2 on June 28th. I know I am at the final stages and am just waiting to be booked onto a training course, is anybody else still waiting? I called last week and they told me October training was full and there are no other training courses at the moment - but I have seen on here some people are starting theirs in November? Any one else in this position??
-
i recently filled out the application for the London met specials and was wondering if anyone knew an estimated time of how long the process can take as i know it was slower leading up to the Olympics?
-
Hello could anyone shed some light would it be worth living in Scotland for shift work and returning home on days off. I have had so much bad luck with applying for police jobs I feel its my last chance.
-
Can you submit an application for Police Constable for the BTP if you have already applied for a police force in England & Wales and/or The Police Force of Scotland?
-
Hi all, I did put this on the Force Specific page but I haven't had many replies so I'm throwing this out to the masses so to speak: Hi everyone, I'm after a bit of advice on maybe re-joining my local force but I have a bit of a story. I actually joined as a Special about 2 years ago but I only lasted about 12 months due to having a rough time with work. As soon as I passed training I was made redundant which hit me hard and when I did get a job I was sent to various places away from home which meant it was just not possible to carry out any duties so I handed in my notice. I was not in a good place at the time so I feel it was a good decision although I didn't want to l…
-
I received an email earlier informing me that my vetting had failed, I called questioning the decision and turns out that I was suspected of a shop lifting incident when I was 16, after the incident I completely removed all contact from those involved and that is my only ever dealing with the police. I'm considering appealing about this, has anyone else had a similar situation to this or filed a successful appeal? Oh, and the force os the met! Thank you.
-
If you were to apply to a scottish police force and had already applied to an English one, am I correct in thinking you would need to withdraw the English one first?
-
Evening-- So, the next time I apply it will be my third application. The first application passed the papersift; but failed at interview. The second application failed at the papersift stage. My question is, for my third application, would I be able to just simply re-submit my first answers from my first application? Might be a strange question but I haven't actually seen any post of this sort yet. Any help would be appreciated Cheers. J