Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
I have just received my feed back from my special constable assessment day back in May,I had sent the recruitment team my full dyslexia report explaining of my special adjustments of which I made need. This was over looked on my first test and was flagged straight away and was called back for a further test of where I did receive my 25 % extra time,but they had forgot I was coming and lets just say exam conditions were not endured to as the lady sat playing on her phone and lap top. I was told that I had failed the test,of which really up set me as I had been studying so hard for as do struggle a little on the academic side of things but have always managed and get by …
-
Hello all, I am applying to become a special constable, I have previously applied but have been unsuccesful, due to paper sift. However there are two major things that are really worrying me: 1 - I received a caution in January 2006 for criminal damage, essentially I had an argument with my brother and I kicked the door in the living room, it broke and my mother had enough so she call the police and I was charged. 2 - I was fired in a call centre job, I essentially swore at the boss and got my things and walked out, simply because he was bullying me and I just had enough of it. (thats the short story but I was in the wrong, I obviously should have done that no matter…
-
Hi Is there anyone else that did there assesment on this date for Humberside specials? If so have you heard anything about a start date for training? Thanks.
-
Just had my eye test done today for the CNC, I'm 6/120 in my right eye and 6/40 in my left eye and 6/30 binoc (unaided). aided im 6/5, 6/5 and 6/5. The opticians form says that applicants should have no worse than 6/18 in each eye, so I think im screwed for the rest of the process. I have my medical on monday but if I haven't met the eye standards, surely I can't get in? All I can hope for is that since they are looking for a lot of people and since I want Dounreay, they may hopefully use disrection. I really don't want to fail because of my eyes!
-
Hi I have applied to be a special and have passed all my tests. I have just had confirmation from the vetting office that I have also cleared the security checks. I asked the vetting office what the next step was and they have informed me to contact 'a number for special’s recruitment'. I telephoned the number and it puts me through to a female’s voicemail. I don’t really want to leave a voicemail as I am not too sure who the lady is. Can someone help with pointing me in the right direction with who do I contact next regarding my application. I have looked through the website and cannot find anything. Any advice would be great. Thanks
-
With recruitment for PC looking to be orientated around the internal candidate process, I was just wondering what you guys collate along your current internal career that will assist you in the recruitment process? Do you keep all letters of thanks, PDR's, training history/certificates etc? I'm not very organised but starting to put my mountains of paperwork together which I hope will assist and make the experience less painfull for when the gates open to become a PC again. If you attend a job where you think it would be a good example for an A/C or interview, do you get it all down on paper? Not easy sometimes when you go from job to job most days!
-
I filled in a application form in early 2011 and just found out today that I've been invited to the assessment centre after passing the papper sift. I also applied for the specials a few weeks ago as I didn't think that I was getting any where with the CNC will this cause issues with the specials?
-
Hi all, I'm quite new to this forum. I had a search for a topic along these lines but couldn't find anything, so apologies if it's already been asked and answered. I have the goal of becoming a full-time reg in the Met (being born and raised in London and wanting to stay on my home turf). I applied a few days ago to the Met specials when applications were being accepted. However, I've just seen the British Transport Police are accepting applications for regular officers in London, and wondered if this was maybe a better stepping stone? Essentially what will be the quicker route into the Met full-time? Specials or transferring from the BTP at a later date? I'm not fully a…
-
I received an email regarding my training dates with an option to undergo training in November, and to call a number to book and confirm your place. However, when I call the number it goes straight to an answering machine every time! I got the email Monday evening and called up first thing Tuesday morning, also leaving a voice message on the machine, but have had no reply. Tried numerous times today, but still goes straight to answering machine! Even called up HR but couldn't get through all day. I'm going to send an email tonight to the sender and to HR explaining the situation... it states in the email that if they haven't heard anything from you in the next 5 work…
-
Hi all! I've recently just sent off my application to become a special in the West Mercia force. Does anyone know how long it takes for you to hear somthing back? Just really excited
-
I finally received something from Lincs and it was to say I passed the short listings stage of the recruitment process. How long until I hear about the date for my interview? Everything is so different than Humberside recruitment! Also, where is the Lincolnshire training place and everything held?
-
Just a quick question I hope someone could help me with, I tried the search funcation and it only turned up one thread and it didn't quite answer my question. Way back in January I applied to become a Special Constable with Devon and Cornwall Police whilst I was in my final year in university. I passed the initial application (paper shift?) and was told I would be given 8 weeks to attend a selection centre. However whilst at university I was a member of the UOTC and have now been given an opportunity to join the TA. But my question is can I join the TA whilst still in the application process for a Special, I've heard rumours saying yes but others saying no. If anyone co…
-
Hi All, Generally, what are the tips of successfully passing the 5 Police Competency Based Questions. The Dos and don'ts Let us all help each other, most of us want the same thing (become a full time constable) so let us all help each other to accomplish it. I am not asking for answers. I am asking for tips. If you passed CBQ in the past, what tips can you give that could help us all write answers that look attractive as a candidate? No answers - just tips. Being selfish doesn't help anyone. Any advise would be very much appreciated and welcomed.
-
Hello all, I have unfortunately (due to unforeseen personal circumstances) had to cancel my Day 1 date - gutted is not the word....have emailed them as they request for a new date, anyone know how long i might have to wait? Im so upset - i called the helpline who said i did the correct thing etc but they said it may well be next year now before i get a new date, so disappointing... : :new_no:
-
Hi, I'm wondering if you could give me some guidance? I'm currently being vetting for a police staff role and I'm concerned my application will be rejected for non-disclosure of convictions. The only convictions I've had in my past have been Fixed Penalty speeding convictions however, there have been a number and have totalled 9 points at some points of my driving history. I've declared the two I've received in the last five years (now spent) but I'm panicking now as I didn't declare all convictions since 1991 when I passed my test as I can't remember their specific dates. Do you think this will be a problem? Should I email recruitment and declare them to the best of…