Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Raven1s
    Started by Raven1s,

    I sent an e-mail to D&C the other day this is what i put: Hi, I am interested in becoming a SC and would like to get see first hand what the police force doe's, I heard that most force's offer ride-along with a fellow police officer and was wondering does Devon and Cornwall offer this? as would be interested in arranging one. Thank you for your time Andy then on Sunday D&C replied this: Hi Andrew, unfortunately, Devon and Cornwall Police do not offer the 'ride along' for members of the public, and at this time we have currently closed recruitment for special Constables. This is being reviewed during April 2013 and all we can advise is…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 570 views
  2. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all Had a crack at the bleep test this morning to Scottish Standards, I'm sure everyone is aware but I'll tell you anyway - it's a not a pass until you reach level 9.4 in Scotland, which is quite a bit tougher then it's English equivalent. I consider myself pretty fit and I train often, but i'm not the worlds best runner - I passed to level 10 but then I was well and truly done. Just wanted to offer a word of advice to everyone really, If like me you're up for this soon - please train hard, it's really not easy even if some posts offer a different opinion. All the best folks.

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 924 views
  3. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    Obviously I'm aware that everything needs to be declared on the application, but I just had a thought :new_hmmm: A couple of years ago I was pulled over in the middle of the night for driving a bit faster than I should of been.. The Officer checked my licence, told me to watch my speed and that was the end of it. Then about 8 months ago I got pulled over about because the numberplate fell off my car (was on the way home from work when this happened), had my details taken and checked if I had MOT, Tax, Insurance etc, I was advised to get it put back on ASAP and was let on my way. Forgive me for how painfully obvious this is but.. Do I still need to declare these interac…

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. J19MC
    Started by J19MC,

    Hi all, I have my S.E.T. today for Strathclyde Special Constabulary. However, I'm unsure of what to wear, has anybody did this before, that can help? Much Appreciated guys!

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. 11rich11
    Started by 11rich11,

    Hello all! I was sworn in to the police today! had a really good day. I want to say thankyou to all who helped me in the process! if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move. Kind regards Rich.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 598 views
  6. SnakeEyes
    Started by SnakeEyes,

    I recieved that email we all want today! Passed my interview! My medical is on 26th and uniform fitting 28th November Dead happy now!

    • 17 replies
    • 681 views
  7. manbearpig
    Started by manbearpig,

    Hey, i was orginally going for PCSO passed everything and due to funding application was terminated was offered the chance to go for a few options one being a communication officer and i passed everything for this role and am just waiting to be offered a start date. I do apologise if this has been asked before i just wanna get some info about the role as im a little bit torn as i love my current job but the money isnt great and although i am incredibley greatful to be offered something else instead as i know the met didnt have to do this im just a bit worried that i might not like it. i have never been in a role before where i have been at a desk and dont get me wrong…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 468 views
  8. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    Today I had my assessment with SY Police. I didn't feel that the interview went too well as in my opinion, I didn't come across as showing enough confidence. I feel pretty confident on the two other tasks. My question is 'how is the assessment centre marked and scored?' What I mean by that is, is it scored individually by each part of the assessment (i.e. you are marked out of 100 for each, if you fail one then you fail the assessment all together) or are you scored on each task and are they added together to give you a final score which then gives you a pass or fail? Your help is appreciated greatly. CR.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2.2k views
    SierraLimaSierra
  9. Boots
    Started by Boots,

    Hiya Just wondering how many times it took the PC's on here to get in, and what you were doing whilst applying etc. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. Zvyezda
    Started by Zvyezda,

    Hello, I am currently at the medical /fitness stage of my application to Sussex police. However, I am also looking for a new job at the same time. Nearly all the jobs I'm applying for are in London since opportunities with my expertise are limited on the south coast. If I do get a new job I will definitely move to the big smoke, since my partner works there anyway and it doesn't make sense for us both to commute. My only worry now is that this will obviously affect my potential future as a special. I know that once you've attested it can be possible to transfer but that before then it's not very likely and I don't envisage my training to start before at least next Sprin…

    • 4 replies
    • 413 views
  11. PatDun
    Started by PatDun,

    Hi I have just had my police medical with South Wales Police today. I think I have passed as this was indicated to me by the medical staff. I have had a conditional offer of employment, unsure if they have completed the vetting checks yet, would anyone know if they may if done this before the medical, or would they wait until the medical was conducted. Also is the next training day early in 2013. Any information would be helpful. Also as its been over three months since my fitness test will I be required to undertake another one?

    • 3 replies
    • 435 views
  12. Raven1s
    Started by Raven1s,

    Hi to everyone here, My name is Andy from exmouth in devon and new here, I am really thinking about coming a SC. One thing that I am worried about is that I don't know if I am fit enough at the moment even tho I cycle to work everyday as going to work is down hill but coming home is up hill, can anyone give me some advice on how do I know if I am fit enough? hope that make's sense. Andy

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 568 views
  13. xkirstyx
    Started by xkirstyx,

    Ok, so I have got my police initial recuritment test in january for the specials.. (merseyside police) the day is 2 1/2 hours long so i'm worrying about what i'll have to do, I know theres questions but can anyone give me any help/advice/info with anything else i'll have to do on the day.. I know it's only November but I'm panicking already!!!

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 954 views
  14. Jordan McElhaney
    Started by Jordan McElhaney * ,

    Hi guys, I have my Standard Entrance Test tomorrow for the Strathclyde Police, Special Constabulary at the training centre in East Kilbride. I applied for the March intake in August. Can anyone tell me what to expect when I arrive? I'm aware of the 3 sections of the test and have been practising, also what should I wear? Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 414 views
  15. MSherwood
    Started by MSherwood,

    First off hello all! I'm currently applying to be a Special in Hampshire. Currently work in Advertising Sales but was unsuccessful with an application to join the Police as a regular back in 2010. Been waiting for another recruitment window and think being a Special is the best way to gain experience and insight before reapplying at the next opportunity. My application has been short listed and am waiting for the next stage. Am I correct in presuming this is the AC? I have searched for books to help prepare me for this stage and as you will all have seen there is an abundance of books, CDs, DVDs and the like, all aimed at the Police selection process and my wallet. How…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 449 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.