Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hiya, have just seen the tr BTP are recruiting for PCSOs. I am in the final stages of my application to be a special and was wondering if I am able I be a PCSO as a day job?
-
My main reason, alongside many others is joining the Special constabulary until the police start recruiting again. However, as the Civil Nuclear Constabulary are recruiting, would you be able to be part of both? E.g. Join the Civil Nuclear Constabulary and serve in the Special Constabulary at the same time???
-
Do the vetting department know if you have applied to the police before? (Different forces) Is it recorded on a centralised system?
-
Just wondering if anyone can advise, probably shouldn't be me on here, but wasn't sure if my husband would come and ask... My husband just received a rejection from the Specials, despite him passing all of the parts of the test. He received an automatic fail on race and diversity because: "It was noted by one of the assessors that you made in inappropriate comment during the assessment prior to your interview in the holding room. The Force does not tolerate inappropriate use of language and therefore you have been awarded an automatic fail." He was quite upset and confused by this and phoned the people to find out what he's accused of saying and was told two things: 1)…
-
Once specials training is complete, how long after is it that you take on the role of a special and are actually doing the job?
-
Hi, Can anyone offer any advice on the assessment centre and how to prepare for it? What can I expect? Are the numerical tests easy, will they involve algebra, percentages and divisions? Any help would be appreciated from across the board. Respectfully
-
Does anyone know of any cheap hotels near ryton that I could use please? I ideally want to stay over but will travel down on the day if required!
-
Hi everyone. I'm brand new here. I'm would like to apply for Hampshire specials, and ultimatly join hampshire constabulary as a regular officer. I understand that Hampshire are not recruiting for either of these roles at the moment. I was wondering if there is anything I can do in the mean time as opposed to just waiting around waiting for the next recruitment opportunity? Also, if I did decide to apply as a regular officer first off, then I understand that I will have to complete the PLC course, and I've been in contact with Portsmouth university and they do not run this course anymore. The nearest course I can find is in Guilford? Thanks in advance, Maryanne
-
I recently had a look at the Metropoliton Police's special constabulary application form and it quickly came to my attention that they have got rid of the 'Life experience example boxes' I wonder why this is? I could be wrong but I suppose a hell of a lot more candidates will be passing the application form now? (Should have put this in the recruitment section, sorry)
-
Can anyone give me any advise on the push and pull element of the Job related fitness test? I am fit and feeling good, but I am really struggling to push 35kg in a seated position from the chest forward! Most of the guidance I have read says that if you are in good shape, the JRFT should be managable, but I am panicing about not being able to push 35kg at the gym!! Any advise??
-
Hello, ive finished my application finally quite embarrassing posting this but here goes. I had a driving conviction in 2008 for IN10- i had car insurance, i was doing deliveries, not knowing at the time i needed business insurance. I was involved in an accident with a taxi who come into the back of me. However i only got 7 days disqualification and no points.. AS ABOVE i have mentioned this in my application THE PROBLEM: When i was 14 i received a caution punching a boy (swearing at my deceased dad ) i regret hitting him but i just went mad and received a caution Ive had: CRB's done (CLEAR) PNC Check (CLEAR) I dont want this to affect my application and more…
-
Hi all, Back in September I applied to be a Special Constable in Essex Police. Up until a couple of weeks ago my application was going fine. I had passed everything so far but unfortunately I got a call to say I failed the vetting checks, something to do with my day job. My job: I work in a pub and during the summer I became manager of the bar. This role involves looking after the behind the scenes stuff, stock control, line cleaning, etc. I do not hold an alcohol licence and there is always someone present in the pub who does while I am working. When I first got the call to say I had failed vetting I was told it was because I held a personal licence. I informed them …
-
Is it just me or does anybody else find this strange; When applying to join the specials in Essex police they ask for a minimum age requirment of 17 years and 9 Months. However the Met and I suspect the majority of other forces ask for a minimum age of 18, anbody know why?
-
Hello, I really want to join the Specials, but I have read that if you have any negative finance history then your application will be refused. I am currently on an IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement). I was wondering if there have been any successful applications who are currently on this? Regards Lewis
-
I've been a Special for 18 months now. I joined to see if I would like the job before making the big commitment to join up to the regs. Sadly recruitment doesn't favour serving Special constables in any way (not on my force anyway) as I believe it should. Have a read of the Government e-petition below, if you agree please, sign it, share it with your friends and family. Get as many signatures as you can and let's get these dedicated people out on the streets full time! Please follow this link: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34887