Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mike Roush
    Started by Mike Roush,

    Hello all. I've just passed my assessment centre for TVP and my mind has now turned to the fitness test to come. I run regularly and am a floor layer so my days are largely spent lumping heavy carpets, underlay and furniture around and up stairs etc so I'm not particularly worried about the tests. My question tho is this: Is the bleep test that's done for the police the standard test? I've done the test in the past and got to level 11ish and that was over the 20m distance. Level 5.4 over 15m seems relatively low? Thanks for any advice and mostly just appeasing my curiosity. Mike

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 2.6k views
  2. bolty95
    Started by bolty95,

    Okay so I have applied for the Special constabulary, however I have a little problem. Hotmail is not letting me sign in to the email address I used in my application form, any ideas what I shall do?

    • 19 replies
    • 741 views
  3. Guest NoMore
    Started by Guest NoMore,

    Had my assessment yesterday mornin, nervous!! But what is the pass rate?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 697 views
  4. jcparks
    Started by jcparks,

    Hi Everyone, Im currently filling in the application form to become a special constable, obviously the form asks for family details for vetting etc. One of my immediate family has a criminal record from over 20 years for something minor. Does this have a drastic effect on my application??

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 501 views
  5. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hi everyone! I passed the application stage for a special constable, my confirmation came through yesterday! So happy! I was half expecting a No to be honest. One thing I noticed and not being specific in the answers I used in my competency questions, with regard to the Race & Diversity competency, I got a grade D (lowest grade) I used Age related competency and scored the lowest grade, forgive me but I thought Age would fall under that bracket. I got an A for my organisation skills and a B overall. Now onto the assessment stage. Can't wait!

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 658 views
  6. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    If I change address after I've submitted my application form, should I send a letter to my force HQ? Is there any length of period you are supposed to live at an address before applying just in case they do house checks and things?

    • 8 replies
    • 327 views
  7. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    Evening all I have currently passed the AC to become a SC only to discover that an issue I haven't declared might end up leading to my application being binned therefore I want to withdraw it .. This issue will not hold me back from applying again once I have sorted it out .. My question is if I was to withdraw it how long will I have to wait to reapply ? Thanks

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Administrative Account
  8. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    A random question that just popped in my head :new_sweat: Do PC's need to be able to swim ? :new_eyebrow: (I'm sure that at one stage they needed to be able to swim) Amz-0 :new_wave:

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    I'm trying to prepare my examples for the competencies that I have been given, there are two that I just need clarification on before I proceed with them, please bare with me Performance Management "Includes activities which ensure that goals are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner. Performance management can focus on the performance of an organization, a department, employee, or even the processes to build a product of service, as well as many other areas." Strategic Planning and Organizational Perspective "Is an organizations process of defining its strategy, or direction, and making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strate…

    • 6 replies
    • 624 views
  10. Dan_Kirk25
    Started by Dan_Kirk25,

    Hey there, I have been reading round the forums and have stumbled upon that holding a personal licence is considered a conflict in interest. Well I am in a daft situation I am currently a team-leader for Sainsbury's but I want to peruse a career in the police, but I have to hold this damn licence to keep my shop safe and legal and I cant afford to leave my job so cant really drop the licence. so what do I do? :new_doh2: Is holding this licence a major conflict to the police? Will this halt any application dead in its track? thanks for any info you can give me Dan.K

    • 11 replies
    • 662 views
    Administrative Account
  11. DDOMetropolitan
    Started by DDOMetropolitan,

    Iam currently a DDO for MPS , and Im due to start MSC training on 7th of febuarary, I recently received email saying my vetting has ran out as I have been waiting to train for MSC for a while now, I have sent of the vetting forms and spoken to vetting department and they have said that if I speak to their manager once they recieve my forms they may be able to speed the vetting proccess, Will the vetting be done on time for my MSC training , considering that I have been vetted for it before and that I am current Police staff??

    • 1 reply
    • 461 views
  12. jgdfahy
    Started by jgdfahy,

    Hey everyone! I have my Special assessment day next week - and have a question. I'm 22 and am usually sporting some 'stubble', its generally neatly trimmed. I'm not sure if it would be better to present myself clean-shaven? I hate being clean-shaven and makes me look about 12 but is it something the assessors will take notice of? Even to me this seems a bit insignificant but has been niggling in the back of my mind hehe

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 2.8k views
    Administrative Account
  13. General Purpose
    Started by General Purpose,

    Hello, Does anyone know the difficulty of the BTPs VRTs? I've just tried some of the SHL ones and failed badly...!

    • 2 replies
    • 416 views
  14. gaspode
    Started by gaspode,

    Is the competency-based interview for regs essentially the same as the one for specials?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 538 views
  15. mousehawk
    Started by mousehawk,

    Been told I may be asked about PPE, so trying to brush up. Stab vest Radio Hi-vis jacket Duty belt Speedcuffs & key Baton CS spray (Notebook & pen) Apparently I should know what the most important item is - IMO it would be the stab vest, as that could save the PC's life, but it could also be the radio, as without one it would be difficult/impossible for PC's to coordinate with each other and back each other up in an emergency. Am I close?

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.