Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hello, I am due to attend a medical soon, (fitness test part of training) I have Asthma, which i declared on my forms. This has not caused me a problem for many years, i have the blue inhaler but never need it. I am an ex smoker, recently my breathing has been a bit dodgy, not serious. For example, fast walking puts me out of breath!!! Im going to the gym and swimming, only the last two weeks though, I`m worried my breathing isn`t going to improve, if i keep at the gym and swimming do you think this will help, what i`m worried about is getting out of breath when having a wrestle with someone in a violent situation. My legs also hurt when doing exercise, my calfs. Do you …
-
Hello! Hoping someone has experienced this and can clarify for me. I applied and got through the MET graduate scheme and completed my day 1. They informed me that I passed it but not to the required standard of the graduate scheme. As this didn't count as a failed application I was able go try to transfer my application to Essex. I went to an internal interview but unfortunately was told that I hadn't been accepted. As this was an internal interview, and not part of the NPIA process, does this count as a fail and thus means I am subject to the 6 month rule before I can submit another application to any other police force? Just trying to review my options, appreciate…
-
Hi guys, I start my intensive training in March due to end in April for the MSC. Can one fail their training. E.g. it's supposed to take one month, can somebody fail thus their training period extends to over a month or do they try and pass everybody within that training period. I would also like to know if the attestation is within that one month period, I start on 11 March and end on 12 April. Would my attestation be within that period? I need to work my rear off because I jet off a week or so after my training is due to end and would hate for a re-sit (if required) to clash. Thanks for the input from now!
-
Hello, please exuse grammar as im using my phone to post, thaught i would get that out there before any body said anything Ive just looked at my credit report, the score is low and theirs a lot of entries from wonga n defaulted accounts, this being said the accounts are showing as settled. Would the fact of these being on there be enough to fail vetting? Surely they couldnt because even though ive had alot of unsecured loans, i have paid them in time. Any help would be great, i know you wont be able to give me a for sure answer but im sure somebody has had the same problem. Thanks in advance.
-
Obviously they ask about competency based questions, I've not been informed by the force I'm applying to about anything that may come up in my initial interview (assesment centre stage). I have heard of others being informed of certain competencies they will be asked about? Am I right thinking that assessment centre stage is a less detailed competency or are they more general questions eg 'why do you want to work for this force' The reason I'm asking is that theres no information on what the interview will be about and on the force's website it also doesn't give any hint as to what to prepare for during this stage. I know competency is a big thing but is it just the sec…
-
Hi, i have declared this on the form but a bit worried my partner was prosecuted for fraud bk in 2011 shes paid her court fine n nearly paid it bk it was a genuine mistake n she hasnt been in anymre trouble, will this effect me in vetting?
-
This is a question aimed at those who have completed the IL4SC and have embarked on the (8 week?) training course converting them into a regular. Can you say what topics were covered by the course please?
-
Hi there, I have passed all of my interviews etc and now all that is left is the medical. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me a definitive list of what exactly the medical entails for this particular force. I am male applying for SC.
-
I have been given the four competencies that will be included in my upcoming interview. My question is: Are these questions fairly open-ended, e.g. "Tell me about a time when you have shown resilience", as in the application form, or are they more specific and require me to think on my feet more, e.g. "Tell me about a time when you have helped someone". If it is the former, I can have a scenario ready to talk about but if it's the latter, it's going to be much harder!
-
Hello All, I am new to the forum, so apologies if this topic has been discussed already! I have an ongoing application for Grampian Police - Special Constable. I have passed the SET / Interview / Fitness Test / Medical Questionnaire and today have my Medical Examination appointment. I have heard nothing of vetting throughout the application so should I assume all is well in that respect? I understand that the Medical Examination is the final stage and to quote the Grampian website: THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION IS THE FINAL PART OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED DIRECTLY BY A MEMBER OF THE RECRUITMENT TEAM. As such, I would just like…
-
Hi All, I am going to be applying soon but I am a bit worries about the vetting check. My Dad was in the army about 20 years ago and I am not sure why but he spent about six months in army prison. I also know that his brothers and sisters (and some of their children) have quite an interesting history with the police (mainly alcohol related!). My Dad now lives up in Scotland with the rest his family and I have no contact with them and have very limited contact with him (I speak to him on the phone sometimes). I currently live with my mum and step-dad and after asking them no one in either side of their families have ever been in trouble with the police (apart from the o…
-
Hi Guys Sorry for posting this but I've been searching for hours and can't seem to find an answer! If, for example, a family member was arrested, interviewed and released with NFA for something, would this count against me? Obviously it will be declared, but I think I am really worrying that I will get a definate knock-back for this, or is each case taken as an individual? Are police able to see the complete reports and witness statements that were taken from everyone involved, so that they can see what has actually happened, or is it a brief outlining and whatever "code" the statement form was? Sorry for the confusing questions.. Eyes are going blurry from reading s…
-
Receieved a letter today stating that my pre employment checks do not meet the standard required by South Yorkshire Police. I have done my initial assessment (the written ones) and the interview and passed them both. Have done a medical and also a drugs test and was told i am pencilled in for march to start my training. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what is meant by pre employment checks and how i dont meet the required standard? Really confused at the moment and a gutted as i had my heart set on this. Thanks Aaron
-
Hi guys, got a question thats worrying me a bit after reading all the posts about vetting. I`m currently halve way through my application to become a Special Constable with NWP, when i submitted my form all the information about involvment with police i filled out honestly ( i havent had any cautions or been convicted just family.) However as of last year my dad made contact with me after 21 years, i didnt know anything about him until recently, i asked him has he had any convictions/cautions that i should include on my application he said no. Heres the few problems i got: 1, I reminded him that i had applied to the police service and i was at the stage now were they ar…
-
Hi all, New to this forum. Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice about the Core Competency interview for Special Constables with the Metropolitan Police. I applied back in 2010 but didn't quite get through and I have been building experiencing up ever since. I find 'preparing' for the interview questions incredibly difficult as they have to be so structured and this is what I struggle with. If any one has any tips or advice, I would greatly appreciate! Regards.