Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hello, I`m hoping someone here will be able to help. I`m currently being vetted, I was wondering if you fail one part of the vetting i.e finance check, something comes up on a family member that would perclude you. Would they continue with the other checks that have to be carried out? My credit report was looked at on 20th Febuary, but haven`t heard anything from recruitment. Thanks for the replys in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 635 views
  2. davedaveld
    Started by davedaveld,

    Hi all looking for some information about recruitment in south yorkshire any dates or numbers to ring any thing will help thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 443 views
  3. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    I've just printed my application and there are a couple of things I would like help with... Firstly, I've got a girlfriend and we've been together 1 year. Should I include her as my partner? She nor her family have ever resided in the UK or even entered the UK so is it necessary? They live in South Korea. If I include her I then have to include her family which to me seems unnecessary. Secondly, I have been abroad for a long period and have had significant gaps in my employment but there is no specific region to include these. Is it best done on a continuation sheet? I'm likely to have more questions later... sorry. Thanks for your help

    • 14 replies
    • 684 views
  4. SW_matt
    Started by SW_matt,

    Hi Guys, This ones aimed at any serving/ex serving RMP/Service police members. I've just got a couple of Q's regarding life/work in the corps. 1.) Are the shifts generally quite busy? Obviously the weekend public order shifts are going to be busy but I have heard talk of other shifts being a case of "wacthing DVD's on a shift pattern". Is this just inter corps bashing or is there some substance in it? 2.) What are the exercises like? Do you get to go off and play soldiers occasionally working on the infantry side of things etc? 3.) How often do you get out on tour? 5.) What are the gym and facilities like at southwick park? living in Portsmouth i've seen…

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 3.6k views
  5. ragamuffin
    Started by ragamuffin,

    I want to get into the police force full time as an officer but i'm considering becoming a special until i get that opportunity. But i'll like some advice on how to go about it, Can you apply any time or do they have recruitment dates? I would assume any time as its voluntary. I can't seem to find any information on how to apply, do i need to go to a station and ask them about it? Thanks, Ryan

    Aran PatrolStore
  6. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    Hi guys, I've just spend a good hour or so printing over a thousand pages, hole-punching and organising quick notes & long notes ready for training in March. I can't help but think I've massacred an entire rain forrest for no reason... Will we be given these when we start training or have I just wasted a load of paper and ink? I know its a bit late no matter what the answer is, just want to know.

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 867 views
  7. redpinuk
    Started by redpinuk,

    Was wondering if you needed to include an occasion where you was stopped and searched, in the vetting forms its just i wanted to provide info about it, but all i would be able to say is the location it took place, as i dont know the exact date/year it happened. would there been any use of doing this?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 757 views
  8. Faceoff

    From what I have read on here, everyine recieved some pack containing information regarding the assessement, I was told they will call me back in 6 weeks but I was not informed about any pack through post. Can anyone please clarify? Thanks Thames Valley member

    • 3 replies
    • 506 views
    37240932704982
  9. phil d
    Started by phil d,

    Could any of you good people out there advise me on this one? I'm 48, clean record and thinking about going for the specials.When I left school I wanted to join the police but at the time there was a lot of emphasis on sporting prowess and I must admit I never liked sport,so I became an electrician.After twenty years in the game I left to become a dog handler with a private firm,and then had to leave due to illness. I was a volunteer with the incident support team attached to our local fire service for a year but left when it got too political.I have always regretted not going for the police and am now thinking about applying for the specials,my reasoning for this is I l…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 700 views
  10. IANMUSIC
    Started by IANMUSIC,

    So i passed my first assessment a few weeks ago,All was good until today i got a email saying my application had been withdrawn because of my vetting, I called and its because 4 years ago i had a verbal caution for something and didnt put it on my application because i didnt think i would have to what are the chances of my appeal being successful?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 648 views
  11. Special786

    Hello Can anyone help me, Im thinking of using two supplemants for my training i was just wondering if these are allowed or if i would have any problems with drug testing. These are readily available on the market and are not illegal but so arnt T5`s and i have recently discovered they have a trace of an illegal substance The suplemants are Tribulus Terrestris Primaforce D-Aspartic Acid If anyone knows please let me know

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 744 views
  12. butterflies
    Started by butterflies,

    Hi all Would dealing with a case of bullying count as a good 'personal responsibility' answer? I dealt with a case a few years back of a woman bullying a younger girl who didn't know her rights or anything about a grievance procedure. I helped her with all this and spoke to the woman who did the bullying, potentially leading to myself being bullied also. I fully supported the girl and the woman was severely disciplined for bullying and then chose to hand her notice in. The girl then became a more confident and happier person. I am aware that you answer must match most of the positive indicators. I also have RRD, teamworking and resilience but I think I am ok with them …

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 9.9k views
    SierraLimaSierra
  13. Ben93
    Started by Ben93,

    This may cater more towards Greater Manchester Police however i'm pretty much sure it will be the same for most forces Questions/Answers 1. Name of Force – Greater Manchester Police 2. What activities took place at the Assessment Centre? For example Group Exercises, In tray/e tray, Psychometric Tests, Presentations, Interviews, Role Play, Informal activities (lunch) etc.. Please list.... The activities which took place at the assessment centre were a 20 minute situational judgment written test, a 75 minute multiple choice test and a 20 minute competency based interview. 3. Thinking about the activities above, can you please describe them in more detai…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    Hi guys, I have mild asthma (never really effected me in the past). Would this effect my application in anyway (e.g. Turning me down)?

      • Like
    • 43 replies
    • 3.4k views
  15. Faceoff

    Hi I am new here, I was told that I am eligible to join the Thames Valley police on the 18th and and am just waiting for some forms or email. I'm not sure what is happening. The question I have is about a presentation infront of an audience, I heard you have to pick a number from 1-20 and are given a subject (orange, ice, history, etc) to speak about for couple of minutes. That sounds crazy, I heard many people fail this assessement. Can someone give me tips on how to prepare for this and how long is it for? some people say 3 minutes, some say 2 mintues and some say 1. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 700 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.