Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Hello all! New to this site, having been looking at the particular topic via Google. I am through to the fitness test stage, for Special Constables, with D&C Police for next month (May). Joining the police has always been a lifelong ambition, however I was born deaf in one ear and a high frequency loss (Only slight) in the working one. My good ear has always made up for this and adapted to the difference. I have previously worked in environments, that on paper I shouldn't be able to do but I did for a good 12 years, including being a sound engineer! When the question was asked, if I consider myself to have a disability, the answer I gave was no because it simpl…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 721 views
  2. JoeMcDermott
    Started by JoeMcDermott,

    Hi Everyone, A few weeks back I decided to apply to the specials as I have graduated and am finding it hard to find work and wanted to make the old CV look nicer and at the same time give something back to the community. When I applied I did specify on my application that I was completely deaf in my right ear, zero hearing!! But that I have full hearing in my left ear. When I got a response from them they simply stated that when I come for the assessment test can I simply make the person conducting the test aware of who I am as they can simply sit me at the front of the room. Now as stated I have zero hearing in my right ear and full hearing in my left, I have never f…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 3.6k views
  3. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi guys, Recently made the shortlist for the Regs internal recruitment drive and am due for an A/C in May/June. I was wondering what practical steps to take with regards to preparing? Obviously I'm sure it will be 1000x harder than the Specials assessment day and so wondered if anyone had any up to date links etc that may help me know what to expect. Also, has anyone attended a talkingblues event beforehand? They run mock assessment days, I'm considering it beforehand but £145 seems pricey!

    • 2 replies
    • 406 views
  4. Ben022
    Started by Ben022,

    Hi there , Are you allowed to apply for two different jobs in the same force? And are you allowed to apply for one job in one force and one job in another force around the same time of them both being advertised?? Say for example that I applied to be a Police Officer in BTP would I be allowed to apply for a staff position in a different force say for example City Of London Police??

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 536 views
  5. Ben022
    Started by Ben022,

    Hi there , Are you allowed to apply for two different jobs in the same force? And are you allowed to apply for one job in one force and one job in another force around the same time of them both being advertised?? Say for example that I applied to be a Police Officer in BTP would I be allowed to apply for a staff position in a different force say for example City Of London Police??

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 328 views
  6. Formatted
    Started by Formatted,

    Dear all I'm thinking of applying to be a special next time the opportunity arises in my area, I have missed the last batch of recruitment in my area but always next time. I'm currently in my second year of University completing a business degree; I don't think this is something I would want to do full-time. I volunteer with a few organisations one of which works closely with the police; I have found this work incredibly rewarding. Next year I am undertaking a work placement with a local charity and then I will have my final year of my degree. I have been reading a fair-few threads in this forum and have found varying levels of interest in all. Couple of questions if a…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 699 views
    Richard Yokely
  7. Sierra Alpha
    Started by Sierra Alpha,

    Hi all, I have seen today that my reference requests have been sent out from the Met to my current and previous employers. My current one is absolutely fantastic and am sure that I will get the right things said. However, my previous employment I am not so sure. For the most part, everything was fine but due to the industry in which I worked in (recruitment), my superiors were always suspicios of everything anyone did, how long they were on phones for etc. It is just the nature of the beast. There were times when I didn't respond too well to this and there was one day were I litterally did no work. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I was immature and naieve. Anyway …

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 500 views
  8. JamesIrish
    Started by JamesIrish,

    Hi all. So I just had my medical this morning and the preliminary urine test has come up for a failure result for MOP. This is the test strip for Morphine (heroin, opiates) So I could have failed due to an operation I had on my foot at the beginning of Febuary in Oman and may have had morphine during that maybe in the local anesthethic.... But I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But I did google stuff, and apparently morphine only stays in your system for a week. But I was asked when it appeared as a fail, if I ate Poppy Seeds. I replied yes. I have a poppy seed bagel every morning for breakfast usually without fail. I was told that this may provide a false positive in th…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Tuks
    Started by Tuks,

    Hi guys, I've been a member on this site for a couple of yrs now and have found out I've got an assessment centre next month (my first application didn't get passed the paper sift), so I'm very excited. But I have a Q about eyesight... Im applying to Herts and the website states for specials that a 6/36 unaided vision is required. However, in the email I received, it states, 3/36. Is 3/36 harder or easier to pass?? I've read on the internet that the 6 and 3 refer to distance from the board, but I'm wondering if the 3/36 is the 4th row down, if sitting 6ft away, etc, and which one's harder to pass?? I recently had an eye test at specsavers and a contact lens test at asda…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.1k views
  10. MattGeva
    Started by MattGeva,

    Hi, Am new to this forum, I have been put on the next available course, i am just wondering if any one can give me an insight of what this inculdes? and what i should expect? Thanks in advance. Matt Gevaux

    • 3 replies
    • 393 views
  11. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    hi all does anyone know if your allowed to use a calculator for numeracy test at assestment centre for regs? my book says no but college of policing site says yes. confused!!

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 507 views
  12. Scott123
    Started by Scott123,

    I'm about to fill my application form out, what i want to know is should i be using capitals or not?

    • 6 replies
    • 484 views
  13. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hi All, New to the forum, been a 'watcher' for a while now but currently going through the stage to become a SC. Had an email yesterday from the Recruitment Officer from the force I applied for saying "She was conducting checks" and I had missed my mothers maiden name off the application form (Only 1 I did miss off!) :@ Now, forgive my logic here but is this a good sign? Why do checks if I had failed the paper sift? or is it just a standard thing to do? Fingers crossed!

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. dns

    Hi, I've always wanted to be a police officer but unfortunately have a couple of offences on record. Each of them occurred during a time when I was suffering from mental health issues and are completely out of character. I am well educated and have held my current job for nearly 10 years. In 2010 I was arrested and charged with breach of the peace and assault, for which I received a fine. Last year I was fined for a motoring offence (DR40, drunk in charge. I was on private land, had no intention of driving and didn't know I was committing an offence by sitting in my car after drinking). I was also cautioned for battery (I pushed past someone and they fell over. No…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 794 views
  15. Darkknight1546081600
    Started by Darkknight1546081600,

    Hi there, I'm new to the forum and I have just passed short listing and the fitness test with Kent Police for the role of PCSO. I have researched this question over and over but still no joy. I have my interview on Wednesday 20/03/2013 but I haven't received any information regarding what to research etc. Can anyone shed any light on this as I'm worrying now?! Also I know they will ask about Race and Diversity and role play but I know this can vary from force to force. Can anyone in Kent help with this. Many thanks in advance, Tom

    • 6 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Paul the Paul

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.