Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hi All, Not a vetting question just more of a vetting statement lol Sounds silly but this seems the most nerve racking part of the whole process, I know ive got nohing to hide, or nothing to fear from vetting but somehow I feel like I have done something...(if that makes sense) almost feel guilty when i've done nothing wrong! The wait is killing me! I just want to know! Time will tell!! :/

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 551 views
    MikeAlphaRomeoTango
  2. CookieRaider92
    Started by CookieRaider92,

    I have an Interview tomorrow at 10am for the Merseyside Police specials. Can could you please help me in regards to any tips, ideas and what The day will involve? Examples are what is diversity and it is the experiences that I think I will struggle on such as, Tell us about a time when you have acted with integrity or Give examples when you had to deal with a difficult situation? Any ideas are welcomed.. :new_thanks:

    • 8 replies
    • 599 views
  3. Apple_iPlod
    Started by Apple_iPlod,

    Hello all, Been enjoying researching on this forum lately and learnt a lot so far.. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with any useful books you have came across to prepare me for the interviews etc. The books would have to be related to the BTP so the question would be, does the home office and BTP have the same recruitment/interview process? Any suggestions, please let me know. Budget is around £15. Brand new only . AJS.

    • 10 replies
    • 711 views
  4. olb30
    Started by olb30,

    Finally after much waiting, my supervisors have put me forward for Grade 5 driving assessment. I believe my force will allow me to utilise blues to pull over vehicles. But what should I expect? I've heard it's just your driving test all over again, which doesn't put me at ease considering it took me three attempts at that! Any insight would be great.

    • 10 replies
    • 745 views
  5. Leek
    Started by Leek,

    I hope this doesn't sound like too much of a silly question, but I was just wondering how strict the recruiters are when it comes down to the written side of things, at the A/C? My handwriting isn't exactly great, as I have nerve damage in my writing hand, and it's fine if I'm sitting down and writing at a desk, but I find it difficult writing notes in a small handbook (well, notes that others can read anyway). Obviously Police Officer's are using their pocket notebook's quite a lot, so I was wondering if there are ways around this small problem? Could you take information/statements at a scene, and then re-write the notes into a second, neater, notebook back at the st…

  6. richard_jn
    Started by richard_jn,

    Specifically for a PC application, if you've applied to one HO force I know that your not allowed to apply to another HO force for 6 months. But, at what point does the 6 month timer start running? Is it from the closing date of the first force you applied to? Is it from the date of your assessment center (or any later stage you failed at) if you didn't score high enough? Is it from the date you received the letter informing you did pass rather than the date you actually took it? Or, if you failed paper sift and the force didnt let you know and you just had to assume your unsuccessful, when do you count the 6 months from then?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. PhotoMan
    Started by PhotoMan,

    Hey all! I have my day 2 for the metropolitain special constables and was wondering if what to expect. My fitness is generally good as I frequently swim and go to the gym. For people who have had their day 2 assessments at empress state building, could you tell me what happened from start to finish and also how is the substance misuse test taken and if we get uniform fittings on day 2.

      • Like
    • 58 replies
    • 2.4k views
  8. david123456
    Started by david123456 * ,

    i am myself a specials officer, in north london, a friend of mine has been a specials for over a year now, just wondering, he is doing the specials only for free travel and he hardly or even hasn't done any service up to now, just wondering will get caught or kicked out.

  9. SpecialB
    Started by SpecialB,

    Is putting White British on the application form deemed racist? Thanks

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 630 views
    Samsonite5215
  10. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    hi folks got my senior officer interview coming up, just wondered if anyone has got any tips on how best to prepare myself for it?

    • 1 reply
    • 421 views
  11. blakey
    Started by blakey +,

    Thought I Post this Role Overview Special Constables assist BTP in providing an increased uniform presence for the rail network. They are expected to serve on a regular basis and commit at least sixteen hours per month, usually broken into eight hour shifts. Although Specials aren’t paid, they are bestowed with the same powers as regular Police Constables and carry out a varied role which could include foot and vehicle patrols, assisting at incidents, helping passengers, policing events or simply acting as a reassurance to the travelling public. Opportunities now exist for experienced serving Special Constables to transfer into the BTP and work with our existing Spec…

    • 24 replies
    • 962 views
  12. 19thOfMay
    Started by 19thOfMay,

    I am currently a student and plan to be for the next year too, however I really want to join the police. I can't drive and would like to finish my degree so am thinking of applying for the Specials. I live in Edinburgh. I was just wondering how easy it is to get into the specials? I have no work experience and also have bad eyesight, but I wear contact lenses...will this affect my application?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 789 views
    Mr So Special
  13. 11rich11
    Started by 11rich11,

    ADVICE NEEDED. A friend of mine applied to a force and got a national overall score of 59% and the pass mark for the chosen force is 60% if he is unsuccessful in his appeal can he swap his A/C results to another force if the chosen force only requires 55%? providing thus chosen force is actively recruiting. regards Rich. P.S the assessment was provided by the NPIA

    • 4 replies
    • 403 views
  14. Jamie Mitchell
    Started by Jamie Mitchell,

    Hello there! Firstly, I'm new to this site, and what wonders it is! I have enjoyed reading up on facts I didn't even know myself ~ this forum has been amazing, reading real life scenarios and whatnot. I've recently applied to become a Police Special Constable for Hampshire Constabulary. Even though I am not shortlisted/been denied yet. I would like to buy a book that will give me tips and useful information for the assessment days (My Maths is terrible, so this could cause problems) fitness, and being a police officer in general etc.. Is there anything you could recommend, after reading this forum.. alot of the training and how its structured has changed. I found this …

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 458 views
  15. iansmith181
    Started by iansmith181,

    I know that you can only apply for a job in the police once every 6 months but can I apply for a PCSO position. For example could someone apply for a job as a regular this month and then as a PCSO next month?

    • 3 replies
    • 600 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.