Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hello. Quick question about the SC constable vetting. About 8 months ago, i was working for a retail bank. I stupidly gave money to a fraudster (a family member had stolen a cheque book and ID and her signature matched our systems pretty closely). The branch manager who had authorized the transaction then threw the book at me for "gross misconduct." I resigned, but since he had already started the ball rolling for a formal disciplinary, my reference for my previous job came back as "resigned pending a hearing" which was a shock to me as i had believed (and told) that resigning would be the end of it. Im a little nervous about declaring this as it doesn't bode well fo…
-
About 10 years ago, I got an anti-social behaviour notice for being drunk and disorderly. This was because I was urinating in public. Other than that, I am straight as a die - been through university and have held down a professional job ever since with no other issues. Will this stop me from joining? 'Drunk and disorderly' sounds much worse than what actually happened. The only force which I could currently apply to is BTP and they state Further on, they do say each case will be judged on its merits but does this charge generally rule people out of joining?
-
-
I'm sure this subject is frequently a popular topic of debate here, and everyone is probably sick of hearing about individual circumstances and whether these will be of concern to a force when applying. Obviously I'm willing to disclose everything to the force, but I'm unsure as to what details to give and how serious a circumstance may be, so I'd appreciate a bit of advice So, Police Scotland have very recently started accepting applications for Special Constables, and are opening recruitment for full-timers later in the year. While my fitness levels are currently increasing, I'm still not quite at the 8-minute mile standard, but I think that I'm ready to apply to beco…
-
Ok so I understand that there are lots of posts about the interview process, however I have never been so nervous in my life about my interview next week and need a bit of personal reassurance. I know what the questions are about (leadership, respect for race and diversity ECt) and I have been trying for the life of me to think of situations that I have been in that I could use as answers but my mind is blank and I'm loosing sleep thinking about it. I feel as though I should have done lots of charity work and worked with all sorts of people to be able to give decent enough answers, but the truth is I live in a town where there isn't much obvious diversity (not sure if tha…
-
Hey people, I have applied to go to DMU in Leicester to do a degree in Policing Studies, my interview is on the 20th of March and I cannot find any online help on the course interview. What I do know is that as part of the course you are required to become a Special with Leicester. Im not a special at the moment, I'm just a Met Police Cadet due to finish up soon! Anyone on this forum who is doing this course and/or is a special able to help me on this?????? I have a lot of unanswered questions i.e 1) Is it a must to become a special during the course? 2) What if you don't pass the specials application stage during the course? 3) What's the uni life like for current stu…
-
Hello Everyone, I am looking for some advice or tips on how to find out which police forces are recruiting and when. I applied for a police force in 2009 for a Police Constable intake but after all the assessment process ended up getting canned due to a recruitment freeze. This resulted in me moving across country and applying for the specials, which I'll start training for shortly. Joining the police as a PC has always been a very clear career goal of mine yet personally I have not seen any recruitment since 2009 for any forces. Reading here there are folks who seem to have applied more than once for PC positions in that time period or even in this year. So can anyo…
-
Having read a similar thread, I felt I'd better ask now! All my paperwork was sent back yesterday, but I'm now concerned I've missed important information from security clearance. The security clearance asks for my parent's details, but no further information requested on any other family members. My brother was mentioned in the original sift last year and no doubt they ran a check on him. He has previously been in trouble with the police, going back to the 90's, but (as far as I'm aware) has been in no such trouble since those episodes. Am I correct that they'd now be listed as "Spent?" Should I have mentioned him in the 'Other" section on the back? Or have I don…
-
Hi all, I just filling out my vetting forms. I have an uncle who has been in trouble with the police before, I don't know type of crime etc. I don't speak to him or seen him in over a year. I don't associate with him. Do I put this on the vetting form? If I have to what would I put down because I don't know his information etc. Thanks in advance. Scott
-
Now I'm 16 but am looking at trying to join the Kent Police when I am 18 or if applications are closed the Specials so then I can gain some experience prior to joining the regulars, I wear glasses would this put me at a disadvantage to other applicants? Do they mind if you were wearing glasses or would contacts be better? (I'm not blind without them but I can't see over 20m and small details such as number plates would be an issue if they were that far away) Thanks, Frosty.
-
After reading that thread in here (possibly the one under this about a guy being barred from entry for having a drunk & disorderly) I was wondering where I stand? I received a Section 59 around two and a half years ago I believe? (I think they last 2 years and I received it in a September time and now know its no longer running so I'm just guessing at dates) but it wasn't for 'pulling the handbrake and spinning the wheels in a souped up car at tescos'. I was travelling out of a 40 mph into a 30 mph and ended up getting pulled over at 37mph in a 30 zone, totally held my hand up, it was the first time is ever been caught speeding etc. The officer said to me we can de…
-
As a 5ft 2", petite-build, 38-year-old, female-of-the-species, I am just wondering if I would be laughed out of the room upon applying to be a 'special'. I think I am competent, confident and fit enough to do the job and I would like to volunteer, but don't want to waste anybody's time. I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or experiences which might help me out?
-
Hello people, This week I got a rejection letter from the force that I applied for as a PC. It was a standard letter just saying my written examples weren't good enough. The letter then went on to explain I would now be banned/ couldn't apply for the police again for 6 months. My question is: How can they check if you have applied for a police force within the last 6 months? and do they actually check? My concern is I had an application in for another force, which had passed papersift and pending an assessment centre date. So when my local force opened. I asked the force the application was in with to transfer it, HR stated they couldn't transfer a passed papersift s…
-
Hi all, In July I will be sending off my application form for a special constable for North Yorks Police. Its unreal how much I want this but I don't know what else I can do to just get through the paper sift?! I will be 18 when I apply, and i am worried that they will see this as a disadvantage due to me having no "life experience". However I have experienced; volatile situations, I have been involved in foot pursuits of criminals, given multiple statements, i have radio experience, and have appeared in court for the prosecution. How can i stand out from the rest?! Please help!
-
Hi there basically I'm feeling out a special constable application form for the Bedfordshire police...well in the process and could do with any advice or tips people are willing to give me. I would be greatful....thanks,!! Maria92