Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Metcop892
    Started by Metcop892,

    Hi all, I am thinking about starting a CKP course in the near future. I have recently had an AC with BTP and failed interview but passed everything else. I am totally aware that it doesn't guarantee an interview or entry into a force but I am wondering if there's any stats that show how many people have taken it to how many actually get in? Thanks in advance for any answers...

    • 3 replies
    • 424 views
    callsign-kid
  2. status1989
    Started by status1989,

    I train in MMA (mixed martial arts) and compete in competitions from time to time. I've never mentioned it before because I figured it was a hobby I did in my spare time and was irrelevant but with me potentially having the opportunity to take on regular fights in front of an audience (unpaid). Do you imagine this is something I should bring up with my supervision? I haven't yet competed in a fight which is filmed but an increasing amount and being commentated and films for online tv channels/YouTube and the like. I'm a bit worried about the (horrifically outdated and melodramatic) negative stigma given to 'cage fighting' and how this will reflect on myself as a chump.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 535 views
    FCE1546081696
  3. SCWYP
    Started by SCWYP,

    I have just had a pre employment medical today, everything was fine apart from my blood pressure which was 163/83, they tried a few times but it was the same. I have been given a letter and asked to go to my doctors to have it checked and get a letter from him that its either gone down or if not hes monitoring it I don't recall ever having a blood pressure test before so I don't know if I'm usually ok. I was nervous at the medical and worried about my eyesight a bit so I'm guessing that didn't help but I can't help think I'll be the same when I go to the docs for it done again. Is this something that's a fail or if I can get it down will I be ok? Thanx

    • 21 replies
    • 3.4k views
  4. felix dalton
    Started by felix dalton * ,

    Hi chaps Unsure where to post this but here goes, stand by for the "there's a sticky for that" remarks! I have a senior (final) interview coming up soon for regs, could someone gen me up on what to expect, specifically. I am aware that I will be asked questions upon the new competency criteria which I am largely unfamiliar with and a scenario based question. Could anyone help me with telling me how many questions I'm likely to be asked I.e will they cover all competencies? Will I have to hit all their buzzwords as life seems to be about these days? Etc etc Thanks in advance

    • 6 replies
    • 591 views
  5. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    Does vetting take place by a central agency or does each force have an in house vetting team? I am currently a special and am applying for a different force. Would my new force be able to see my last vetting check? I am just curious to see if this time it would be a little quicker?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 787 views
  6. heywhatsup
    Started by heywhatsup,

    I'm really interested in detective work like te CID within the Met Police but my question was , what's the best way to get in to this position ? Can I do some station volunteering and go through that way or do I have to become a special for some time ? Any suggestions would be much appreciated

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. butter
    Started by butter,

    Sorry if this has already been asked, however I can't find this type of topic on here. What percentage of applications actually get to be attested I wonder?

    • 7 replies
    • 763 views
    Captain Murphy
  8. Johnny123
    Started by Johnny123,

    I know there is already forums open with similar questions but just asking on an individual basis because I'm actually quite worried I will be turned down. So let me start with some background info; I've just recently turned 18 and decided to apply to become a Special with the Met - ever since being a little boy I've wanted to be a police officer - so here is my dilemma; My dad has quite a major criminal record and has served over 2 years in prison of a 4 year strech however the crime committed was over 19 years ago so I wasn't born at the time - it was arson as far as I am aware of - which I only found out 2 years ago. Its something we don't really talk about. He has nev…

    • 4 replies
    • 911 views
  9. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    What is the yellow slip officers give you? Is it a warning/reprimand or something to say they have spoken to you.

    • 18 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. David07
    Started by David07 * ,

    Hi, I am a 41 years old and i am moving to London to be an Assistant Head in a London School. Am am interested in joing the specials to broaden my experiences and to learn about the city. My question is will I be too old and can teachers be specials? Many thanks for any replies.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 678 views
  11. Shirley Carter
    Started by Shirley Carter,

    Hello I have a query about this magical paper sift that I hear so much about. What exactly does it involve? I've heard all sorts of claims about the process, ranging from it being a case of checking the application form to make sure the candidate is suitable and has answered the questions correctly, to the extreme of it being a case of splitting the applications into three piles, and the first two getting thrown straight into the bin. Now I don't believe it would be the latter, but I also know plenty of decent Specials and PCSOs who somehow don't make it through this stage during regular recruitment, and I'd like to think these are people who know how to check their a…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 3.6k views
    Santisuk1546081549
  12. JustBob
    Started by JustBob,

    Hi all, I am about to start filling in an application form and it says please complete in person, in black ink or typeface. I am hoping that this isn't a silly question but does typeface mean it can be filled in on a pc and printed off? (As opposed to being handwritten). I get that we are probably to be assessed on quality of hand writing so I am suspecting not, although spellcheck would be handy!

    • 5 replies
    • 603 views
  13. cookyy2k
    Started by cookyy2k,

    Hi all, first post, though have been lurking a while. I recently passed my fitness test so now I'm onto the vetting etc. I currently hold both SC and DV clearance for my day job. will this help (dues to already been highly cleared), hinder (due to already having access to "too much" information) or not effect in the slightest my vetting? I realize that answers will likely be speculation but I'd just like to know people's gut feelings on this.

    • 1 reply
    • 532 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  14. tcb1981

    Hello all, A good opportunity is available with South Wales Police, as a Public Service Centre Operator, I am going to apply for this. For now, my PCSO/Police Officer ambitions can be put on hold. I am already attending the open day, I feel I can sell my experience for the role and so on, but can anyone offer any tips/advice for the application process, speciifically for police staff or the affore role? Perhaps any book recommendations applying for such a job role. Again nothing specific, just general advice would be great. Kind Regards PS. Moderators, feel free to move this to another forum if I have posted this in the wrong place.

    • 5 replies
    • 926 views
  15. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,

    Hello all, Bit of a strange one but I failed my NPIA AC by 1% anyway accepting of this I went through the feedback report as you do to see where to improve and saw I was awarded 0% on one competency - anyway given I scored between 55-80% in all the others I sent an email to the College of Policing just asking for a double check - instead I got told that the result must be correct and they in essence don't make mistakes (though I'm still not certain that the score is right...) - I'm willing to accept I performed poorly, if I did - however I'm having difficulties accepting I scored 0% on a competency only assessed once during the written exercise? I just want it to be …

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 906 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.