Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. charliechoops
    Started by charliechoops,

    Hello guys I received an email email explaining to me that I would have to read through 'Quick notes' before I attended the training course. I understand that this can help when at training, however is it essential? If I don't pay extreme attention to these notes will I struggle when at training considerably? Their are literally about 500 maybe more pages too, Never would this be remembered anyway, seems mind boggling! Thank You

    • 3 replies
    • 382 views
  2. butterflies
    Started by butterflies,

    Would a police recruitment drug test pick this up? I am considering using Jodie Marsh's Rage212 to help with fitness training. Would I be with ok with it? It is banned for professional athletes. Thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Scott94
    Started by Scott94,

    Had my assessments today, and its going to be a quite nervous wait for the results! I know I didnt perform in my interview, I was confident when speaking, however, as soon as I got into that room my brain just shut down! But I hope they take into account that I'm only 18 and not had as much life experience as the other candidates. Lets hope I made up for it in my tests!

    • 2 replies
    • 458 views
  4. special94
    Started by special94,

    I have my police interview on Monday.....just two days away, im spending the weekend swatting up. Does anyone know the positive and negative indicators for lancashire? I can't find the aims for Lancashire police, am i just being dense, can anyone find them? Any general advise or tips etc....past experiences. Might just be clutching at straws but Im getting progressively more worried. Thanks

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 715 views
  5. Sepura
    Started by Sepura,

    Hi Anyone on here involved in volunteering in non-SC role, various forces have a dedicated volunteer programme : MET Police http://www.metpolice....uk/volunteers/ City of London Police http://www.cityoflon...portVolunteers/ BTP http://www.btp.polic...lunteering.aspx I am thinking about applying and experiencing a more back office role for a year. Like to hear your views.

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 1.8k views
  6. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    I understand that there is a 6 month rule between SC/PC applications, although, what are the restrictions between PSV (Police Support Volunteer)/Police Staff applications.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 451 views
    SergeantAngel
  7. JOLLYxPCSO786

    Hi there I have been successful in passing my medical and fitness tests and I'm just wondering how long the vetting process takes. What do they look at? I already work for the prison so I am confident that I will get through. They told me that the next intakes in June. Regards

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Samsonite5215
  8. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    HI All, Recently passed the AC for the specials and I am so happy One problem I have found, is that I have been sent off to get my eyes tested (not through the force, just have to send the force my results) Now I have a lazy eye (Right) which is quite bad, my left one meets the requirements but im thinking the right one doesnt. Anybody know if this is a no go for recruitment? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 2.4k views
    Cardiff Bluebirds
  9. L.stick
    Started by L.stick,

    Hi, got my uniform today, lots of stuff in a huge bag which was unnexpected but great, just a question about the handcuff key, looking through all the kit, and when I put the key in the cuffs a "pin" pushed out the back, is this normal? I can't see any info online and pictures of the key i've seen, none have this "pin" showing at the back. Thanks

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 579 views
  10. L.stick
    Started by L.stick,

    Completely new here and just done my induction B, really looking forwards to getting through and started! I have my uniform fit tomorrow and have been trying to pick some Boots, mixed reviews everywhere though! I have seem some Magnum stealth force 8.0 Wish side zip, any reviews? If it's a bad choice, any alternatives? Thanks

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. banjo99
    Started by banjo99,

    Is anyone an officer/PCSO/special with Lancashire who is effectively monocular? Or does anyone know of a monocular individual that has been recruited by Lancashire since 2003?

    • 6 replies
    • 505 views
    Leisurepirate
  12. tiger23
    Started by tiger23,

    Hi, just looking for some general advice and help. I have been successful at my final interview for a special and now have the medical and fitness test at Durham Constabulary later this month. I have very poor eyesight, and out of curiosity I went and got an eye test a month ago and I failed to meet the standards for the specials. I am willing to get laser eye surgery asap in order to counter this problem. However, could anyone shed any light on whether Durham would compensate for me here? I know you have to wait 6 weeks after having the surgery till you can take the test, so do you think they may be willing to post-pone the medical or re-do the eye test in order …

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Richard Yokely
  13. Scott94
    Started by Scott94,

    I am attending Humberside Police specials assesment centre on saturday and I just wondered if anyone knew roughly what the interview consisted of and any tips would be extremely helpful Cheers, Scott

    • 1 reply
    • 479 views
    Santisuk1546081549
  14. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    Im concerned as I am currently applying to become a police special constable and I have a 17 year old who has Autistic spectrum disorder and has been in trouble with the local police. He often believes that others are his friends and is very easily lead not that is any excuse to break the law in any way. He was charged with burglary & theft non dwelling when he was 14 years old and had 6 month referral order for this. In June last year he was involved in a fight and came home with his nose broken we just left as thought was boys being boys but the other lads parents called the police and he was charged with assault :new_sweat: How badly do you think this will affec…

    • 2 replies
    • 476 views
  15. Liv7Yarn
    Started by Liv7Yarn,

    Hiya I've got my assessment centre on Friday for the Special Constable post. I've applied for PC before so I understand the personal experience questions you're asked etc. Are these going to be the same questions that you are asked in the interview for Special Constable? Such as describe when you have come up against a difficult or challenging situation... I am prepared if they are but as they were never asked in the Special Constable application form, I'm dead confused as to what questions they mean! :new_hmmm: Please help me ASAP! Thanks

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 2.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.