Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    Sensitive information removed by moderator. See final post for further details

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 758 views
    Administrative Account
  2. NickyB
    Started by NickyB,

    Good Morning, To begin with i'm new to this site, but i have recently applied to Nottinghamshire Police (3rd Time Lucky) for Police Officer and i have had my application form accepted and have been invited along to the assessment centre in Covenrty. I have had the information pack through (Westshire Centre etc) and i am all ok with the process (Role Playing, Numeracy etc) apart from one question that i will be asked in the competancy based interview....... Professionalism!! I am going to be asked four questions based on Working Well with Others (fine), Service Delivery (fine), Serving the Public (fine) and Professionalism (worried) Can anyone give me any hints or exam…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    I'm trying to find sample numeracy papers for the Assesment Centre , does anyone know where I can find some or has any links to where I can get it. Finding sample papers are proving a bit difficult Worth saying I am after the England and Wales papers not the Scottish ones. I seen the Scottish SET Papers... they are pretty tough... especially for ones where a calculator is not permitted

    • 4 replies
    • 500 views
  4. LDS Special Constable

    The CKP is a new Level 3 qualification designed by Skills for Justice, the Sector Skills Council for the Police and the College of Policing, as a prejoin requirement for the position of Constable. I have been a Special Constable for nearly 3 years, is this course worth the £900 cost??? Please let me know your thoughts or if you have been on the course? Are there any other courses I could do in my spare time? ( I work full-time)

    • 18 replies
    • 2.8k views
  5. itfc
    Started by itfc,

    is the regs assestment centre numeracy test hard? is it basic maths or is it more than that? been practicing from books and struggling to get through all 25 questions in 12 minutes.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. Wrighty112
    Started by Wrighty112,

    I am currently working on my application for an internal specials conversion course. My question is, how do recruitment find references from business's after they have close up shop. My old Electrical employer retired and moved away from his address the business what registered too, also i used to work as a sales advisor for Comet, who recently closed all stores. Anyone had any experience with this??? Cheers.

    • 6 replies
    • 505 views
  7. katierea_
    Started by katierea_,

    Hey! I have my assessment for Staffordshire specials soon, I have revised the core competencies and feel prepared for the interview. However I am becoming anxious about the situational judgement assessment and written assessment, as I cannot find much information to help me. I was wondering if anyone who has already gone through the process would be able to give me some advice on what will be expected and how to prepare. Thank you

    • 2 replies
    • 475 views
  8. OSGB36
    Started by OSGB36 * ,

    Is it possible to transfer forces before you have started training? I applied over 12 months ago to Devon and Cornwall, however in the last few months I have started a new job and moved to a new location. Although I still live very close and it would be possible to remain, I would quite like to transfer to Avon and Somerset. Would this be possible before I have started training? I have passed the assessment centre so just the fitness and obviously training to go. I am going to email both forces tomorrow just thought I'd get the views on here too.

  9. Santisuk1546081549
    Started by Santisuk1546081549,

    Just a quick one. I have the list of 5 competencies being questioned at my interview, one is race & diversity, now on my application that was also one of my competencies I had to write about (obviously the answer I gave was good enough seen as I've passed) My question is, Do I get to use the same answer in my Assesment centre interview? (seen as I know it will pass and that I've heard they know nothing previous about you only your candidate number) Or do I have to have another answer which doesn't relate to the one I already provided? Thanks Guys!

    • 7 replies
    • 422 views
  10. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all I've passed my SET's and my assessment day - I've been invited to my senior officer interview and fitness test this month. Not too worried about the fitness part as I've been training for the 1.5 mile run. I was just wondering what advice anyone could give for the senior officer interview - is it similar to the assessment day interview? Any tips (non specific) would be much appreciated. TSpark.

    • 3 replies
    • 433 views
  11. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all I've passed my SET's and my assessment day - I've been invited to my senior officer interview and fitness test this month. Not too worried about the fitness part as I've been training for the 1.5 mile run. I was just wondering what advice anyone could give for the senior officer interview - is it similar to the assessment day interview? Any tips (non specific) would be much appreciated. TSpark.

    • 1 reply
    • 531 views
  12. Guest kateee16
    Started by Guest kateee16,

    Hey I'm new to this so I'm not too sure if I'm doing it right but here it goes ... I passed the application process for Staffordshire Special Police, and I have been given a date for my assessment and interview (Friday 12th April). I'm starting to get really nervous and I was just wondering whether anybody could give me advice on what to expect?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 452 views
    Samsonite5215
  13. timtim
    Started by timtim,

    Hi all, This is not another topic on what the process is just how each force handles their Specials to Regulars Process. If you are a Special Constable and want to become a Regular (as one or two may want to do) does your Force recognise your extra time and effort you have put into the role in some way? Maybe shortening the Application Process for example or something similar? The reason I ask is that in my force the recognition for a Special if you want to become a Regular is that the Initial Training is shortened from 16-weeks to 10-weeks. Which is great as it gets you out on the streets earlier but doesn't really recognise your extra efforts...for example why go to…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 537 views
  14. Ben022
    Started by Ben022,

    Hi I have just recently applied to the Met Police as a Detention Officer Only I have forgot to put a previous employer in my application what should I do now would it be a good idea to withdraw my application? I have already submitted it??

    • 5 replies
    • 442 views
    Bravo Sierra +
  15. Formatted
    Started by Formatted,

    Dear PS I'm looking to apply in Sussex next time the opportunity arises; I am aware that there are a couple of things to go through after application's been submitted. Paper Shift Assessment Centre (Academic test) Fitness Medical As far as the assessment centre is concerned; how hard are the tests? I'm currently in my second year completing a business degree at a Sussex University, with that in should I be concerned about what I'm going to have to tackle? Should I revise?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 510 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.