Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Im looking to apply for a special and a bit unsure of the criminal record check. 5-6 years ago i was arrested under the charge of attempted burglary :/ when i was acting like a child playing knock on peoples doors and run, the charges were dropped alas no criminal record. Would i still have to declare this on application?
-
Hi, I received a letter this morning notifying me I had failed to obtain a security/vetting clearance all it says on the letter is Chief officers have the right to refuse clearance without giving reason, so therefore we are unable to give you any information. I was totally honest on the vetting forms, I rang them and was told to ring her manager tommorow she doesn`t know why it hasn`t been granted. Any advice as what to do? I know I haven`t got a criminal record, but my partner was prosecuted for benefit fraud, I told them all of this. My brothers have been in a spot of bother but they live 105miles away and my dad has been in trouble before he also lives 105 miles away.…
-
Hi, just wondering if I submitted an application for a subject access request, would It show up everything that I likely failed on vetting on, i.e forgetting about something years ago. I can not for the life of me think why I failed vetting. I know my partner commited benefit fraud, but I was not involved, it was not publicised so it wouldn`t bring shame to the force in question, which is the criteria set out by NPIA for decision makers to make before failing someone for somebody elses actions. Any help would be great, or anybody that failed vetting and submitted a subject access request, to realise they missed something then passed vetting later. Also if you have missed …
-
Hi there everyone I have been given a start date fo the 13th of May to join cumbria constabulary as a PCSO. I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank everyone for answering my questions. I am a bit excited and also in the process in applying for the PC role. Just a final question im curious about. Which PCSO equipment will they provide me with and which equipment will I have to buy for myself. Again thank you all for the beneficial help you have given me. Regards Aziz
-
Hi Apologies if this has been asked before, or if it's a stupid question(?!) I'm approaching the end of my first year at uni where I'm studying primary ed. I'm a mature student (29) and I've come to realise that the life of a school teacher is not for me. Before I embarked on this journey, I had always been interested in joining the police but wasn't sure if I would be eligible on medical grounds. I underwent a splenectomy in 2001. However the Police medical adviser emailed me to say that it shouldn't prevent me from joining up. His advice was that I should apply and I will be judged on my own merits. I was very encouraged by this news. I've recently applied to be a …
-
Leicestershire Police are opening external recruitment for 400 APPLICANTS. Will be for £19k salary, no previous experience, posts (as SCs and PCSOs have had internal recruitment) http://www.leics.police.uk/join-us/police-officer
-
Hey Everyone, Firstly just want to say im totaly new to this forum and have never used a forum before so im sorry if ive posted in the wrong place ect, just got a few questions if anyone could help me with.. firstly i would like to know where can i find out when they are going to be recruiting (really dont know where to start) can i get a copy of the application form to have ready filled out for when they do go to recruit? do i need to apply for special constables before applying for the police force? i think all leave it to these questions just now untill i find my way around and what not!! thanks everyone
-
Hi, I have recently just been sent a letter inviting me to the Assessment Centre and I feel as if I need some feedback off people that have actually been through the process, is it something to be worried about? Also, what sort of clothing will I need to turn up in? I know I need to take a practical kit for the fitness test etc Any help is much appreciated! Thanks
-
Hi Everyone, I think this topic has been mentioned before, so apologies in advance for bringing it up again. I'm just in the middle of filling out the application, and I'm a bit stuck on the respect for race and diversity section. Does it matter how long ago the example happened? The only time I can think of, was back in my school days when a friend of mine was being racially abused? Would that suffice, or would it have to have been a time in my adult lfe? Thanks *life
-
- 4 replies
- 2.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Just wandered if anyone else was currently undergoing the process? My app form passed at the end of last year, and right now just waiting for an AC date to come through.
-
http://touch.policeoracle.com/news/article.html?id=63770 Force announces move as it takes on 5,000 extra regular constables to bolster visible policing The Metropolitan Police is to search for new recruits outside of its pool of specials and PCSOs for the first time in several years - as the Force seeks to take on thousands of extra constables. Simon Byre, Assistant Commissioner for Territorial Policing, confirmed that a major drive to put more boots on the ground is now underway amid a move to change the neighbourhood policing model over the coming months. As previously reported on PoliceOracle.com, becoming a Special Constable or PCSO has been the only route into re…
-
Hello guys, I have just found out that unfortunately I have failed the paper sift due to applying 1 day before the cut off and rushed it massively. ( for regs by the way). I now wish to apply to leicestershire. As Leicestershire is a home office force who follow the NPIA structure, can anyone advise whether failing the BTP application will affect my application to Leicestershire. I have received conflicting answers regarding it. Some say you can, some say you can't. Does anyone know? Best regards.
-
Hello all, Just a quick question, I`ve just checked my credit report and it show it has been viewed by ACPO police vetting. How far into the vetting process do they check your credit report, is it at the end? Has anybody checked theirs and realised it had been checked, if so how long after did you recieve notification about your vetting clearance? Granted or not granted. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-
Good afternoon Is anyone able to help me with my application form? I have read the requirements on the form and it says if a question does not apply to me I should put N/A. What if I answer a part of the question and there is still space for more answers but I dont need to put anything in it, do I leave it blank or put N/A For example, family details has space for 3 brothers or sisters. I only need to use one space. Do I leave the other spaces blank or do I place N/A? Another example is address details, there is space for 5 address, I only need to put 1. Again do I leave the other spaces blank or do I put N/A? Thanks for all your help.
-
Hi, just looking for a bit of advice, on the last section of the medical form which is titled 'Health Managment' and it doesn't specify what needs to be done, can anyone offer and help with this? Thanks