Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Howdie all, After getting through with the Lincolnshire Special Constabulary, and now that I have been given training dates. I was wondering if anybody on here will be joining me for the intensive course starting on the 23rd of February Chris.
-
Hi Does anyone know what forces are accepting Police SEARCH Assessment Centre results for regular recruitment? I wish to transfer my score Sorry phone is Sorry my phone is playing up! I scored over 60%. Many thanks! Donna
-
Hello, I am currently in the process of trying to become a PCSO with South Wales police. I have passed everything so far up to and including the fitness so am just waiting for vetting, references and medical. However I've had a NIP for speeding today ( 83 in a 70, the bugger was hidden behind some trees and sight was hindered due to the low sun right behind the van but that's besides the point ). Basically what I'm wondering is is this guaranteed to blow any chances I've got of passing vetting? thanks guys
-
Ok so this may make me look stupid however I need some help with my application for specials I have filled everything out apart from the three questions regarding personal situations (problem solving, respect for someone's lifestyle and using initiative to do something when it wasn't your job) I've thought about this constant and I do not have a clue where to start or what to write! Any help would be greatly appreciated
-
Okay, this is really embarrassing but I've been searching the internet and I can't find any definite answers so I'm posting on here in the hope that I'll be reassured. 4 years ago, when I was a stupid 17 year old, I went out with some friends, got drunk and when I got home I took an overdose. I quickly regretted it and told my parents, who took me to the hospital. I hadn't taken enough to need to get my stomach pumped or anything, but they kept me in for a few hours while I spoke to the psychologist. I honestly wasn't suicidal, just drunk and it was late at night so everything seemed so much worse than it actually was (exams, needing to get As, etc). They agreed that I wa…
-
Ok, just a quick double-check with you all (Think I know what needs to be done!). I sent all my vetting and medical paperwork back a week ago. Boredom has got the better of me this evening and I've been browsing through my medical records (41 page print out!) out of curiosity again. The notes really are a mess, in the print out, with this and that information being written all over the place. The summary section should cover everything, but then I have to delve into the full notes section to find other things that aren't listed in the summary or in the 'All" section. Basically, I had a benign growth removed from my lower right leg, when I was 17. 10 years on in 200…
-
Hi all , just had an email from recruitment informing me that i passed my medical Im booked in next week for my DNA to be taken , Im just wondering whats involved in this , is it purely to see if you have been in contact with the police before ?
-
Hello everyone, This is my first post :new_shades: I have been reading the forum for quite a while and find its an absolutely fantastic resource! Now, I have my assessment centre next week, I currently work for the police at staff level. But of course I'm extremely nervous about the interview! I need some advice basically. The paperwork given says the interview is 20 minutes long and will measure five competencies with four questions (interview only) which are; Personal Responsibility, Team Working, Resilience, Respect for Race and Diversity and Oral Communication. Now I've had a few competency interviews before so have an idea what to expect. My question is this; …
-
I am slightly worried about the medical and vetting checks. Firstly, I had a rough childhood and was diagnosed with depression around 18. I was treated with a few different antidepressants and I now no longer need to be treated. I have never had any time off work with depression; in fact my sickness absence for all jobs has been excellent. Has anyone else gotten into the police who has had depression? Secondly in Oct 2009 I joined the Navy, and hated it. It was a massive mistake and one of the reasons why I joined was because I had tried to get into the Police a few times before that and hadn’t passed assessment. It dented my confidence so went for the Navy instead. I w…
-
Has anyone managed to ascertain the +ve or -ve behavioural indicators for the new competencies: Serving the Public Service Delivery Professionalism Working with others I have searched and cannot see them anywhere yet and they've been out a while now. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post.
-
Hi All I found out i passed the national level as i scored between 50 and 54% however i didnt meet my force pass rate of 55% I found this out 4 weeks ago and was expecting to get my results within 10 working days and still have not heard anything....Just wondering how long people have had to wait for feedback. Thanks
-
Ok so I understand that there are lots of posts about the interview process, however I have never been so nervous in my life about my interview next week and need a bit of personal reassurance. I know what the questions are about (leadership, respect for race and diversity ECt) and I have been trying for the life of me to think of situations that I have been in that I could use as answers but my mind is blank and I'm loosing sleep thinking about it. I feel as though I should have done lots of charity work and worked with all sorts of people to be able to give decent enough answers, but the truth is I live in a town where there isn't much obvious diversity (not sure if tha…
-
YESSSSSSS 15 months on and I have finally passed my pirt I just hope the next parts go smoothly... A big thank you for all the help and advice on this forum you have really helped me
-
So the national pass mark for the NPIA competency questions on the application form is 10. What does this score mean? What's it out of? How is it calculated?
-
Hi Guys, Well, I have an interview coming up with NorPol for their recent recruitment drive for CSO. I've heard a few rumours that the competency areas have recently changed and that their are no longer +ve and -ve indicators - is anyone able to confirm this? My previous experience with NorPol for SC (which I happen to being waiting to commence training) and for resource controller is that they normally inform you of the key areas which you will be assessed, but on this occasion, no details have been provided. I basically want to put in as much prep as possible, but obviously being able to direct my prep towards what I'm going to be assessed on would be better!