Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Georgierav
    Started by Georgierav,

    Can anyone tell me once I've sent my application how long do I have to wait to hear if I've been successful??

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Samsonite5215
  2. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    Hello, I'm currently filling in my medical questionnaire and I'm a bit confused by one question - I think I know but I'm just double checking before I write it down! With regards to alcohol consumption, I need to put down how many units I consume on average per week. I don't drink at all normally during the week but if it is a friends birthday I'll go out and have a few to celebrate. Can someone shed some light on how I work this out correctly? For example, let's say you drank once every 3 months would it be, units divided by 12 = weekly consumption? Thanks

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 872 views
    Mr So Special
  3. Griff
    Started by Griff,

    Hi All, Just after some advice before I submit an application to Northumbria. Is the training over a two week full period or split up into monday nights for example and occasional weekends? Cheers for any info.

    • 1 reply
    • 346 views
  4. Challenger2
    Started by Challenger2,

    Hi, I've completed and passed my day two assessment and have been waiting for confirmation of my background check. I've just received an email with training dates, asking me to confirm which ones I want to do and all the dates start in literally a matter of a few weeks (mid May/early June). I haven't actually had confirmation that I've passed my checks, though. I've tried calling to confirm, but no luck getting through. Does this mean I've passed, or could I still fail the checks? The website says this: "Congratulations, we are delighted to inform you that you have made it through the Metropolitan Police special constable selection process. Subject to security checks, y…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. roweypuff
    Started by roweypuff,

    Just a quick one....are you issued boots or do you need to buy them? If so where and how much?

    • 3 replies
    • 391 views
  6. Ben022
    Started by Ben022,

    Just wondering has anybody from BTP yet?

    • 4 replies
    • 619 views
  7. Dan93
    Started by Dan93,

    I got reprimanded for assault when I was about 14/15, I've just applied for Northampton police and told them I had been reprimanded. Would this affect me getting through? (I'm 19 by the way.)

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 446 views
  8. Sir Nigel
    Started by Sir Nigel,

    Saw an advert in the York Press a few minutes ago about North Yorkshire Police kicking off a recruitment drive from 17:00hrs today, closing date is 8th May 17:00hrs. They're looking for 60 Officers but the downside is they have dropped the salary to £19k on appoinment and £23k during probation. Link http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/pc

    • 0 replies
    • 609 views
  9. L.stick
    Started by L.stick,

    Hi everyone, I have my first training on 2/5/13 and can't wait to get started. I have my uniform and have been informed that this is what should be worn to training, what does this cover though? I would assume- boots, trouser, police top, fleece (if cold) and cap. Please could anyone confirm this or let me know otherwise. It's Hampshire by the way Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 546 views
  10. SophieJae
    Started by SophieJae,

    Hi, I had a vetting interview on Wednesday for Surrey Police (PSO) and have just been told all my checks have been cleared so Im now onto the next step - which I assume will be the medical. Now I have something else to worry about! I am a physically fit - I go to Muay Thai classes 2-3 times a week, dont smoke and rarely drink but I know there's going to be a few things crop up on my medical records. Towards the end of last year, I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my right hand due to repetitive strain from using a computer mouse! However, this is now pretty much sorted due to good old glucosamine tablets. The other main issue is depression. I was referred to couns…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Tuks
    Started by Tuks,

    Hi everyone, I had my first ever police A/C yesterday for Herts Constab, and I just want to say that, regardless of the result, this website and this forum provided invaluable information and support, and because of it I know I performed to the best of my ability. Whether that is good enough or not, I will just have to wait, but PoliceSpecials,com is a great place for great info. Thanks! Tuks

    • 2 replies
    • 573 views
  12. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    Hey all, Got an email a few weeks back saying Ive gotten through to the assessment centre and its sometime in June maybe? Just wondering what up todate books are worth buying? as there are some which were published in 2007 and even earlier. Also has anyone been on or would the recommend these course's run by places like 'talkingblues'? Cheers all

    • 4 replies
    • 479 views
  13. BrentH
    Started by BrentH * ,

    Sorry all! Had the interview, medical and a letter asking me which course I would like to attend as long as I pass vetting, so all going well. Vetting is my worry! I have a squeaky clean record have never had any dealings with police (only when the office has been broken into!), not even a speeding fine. I have a gym partner (known since school) who was recently arrested for many offences (quite serious) and is on bail. I was unaware of what he was up to in his own time if he did the things or not he never spoke to me and I never had anything to do with the others who were arrested with him. He was ashamed to tell me what had happened and his wife told me. But from …

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 956 views
  14. IronHand
    Started by IronHand,

    Hi all, I have received my Medical Questionnaire booklet and am curious as to whether anybody knows what level is deemed as too much sickness. The force in question is North Wales. I have been able to find the accepted absence for various other forces' but unfortunately cannot for the life of me find anything on NWP. Any input would be appreciated Regards

    • 3 replies
    • 517 views
  15. L.stick
    Started by L.stick,

    Hi all, I'm wanting to go to my local station tomorrow to Do some of the required e-learning, they have said I'm fine to do so, but what should I be wearing? Would it be just my usual clothes or would I need to wear my uniform trousers and top? Also when doing elearning, do these hours need to be logged? Thanks

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 713 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.