Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SpecialB
    Started by SpecialB,

    Hi, Just a query really, I've recently just sent off my Specials Application form for Sussex Police and I have a concern over a few 'naughty' family members who I never see but for obvious reasons had to put them down... I noticed on the form that i didn't have to put any convictions down just there names, addresses and places of birth? getting to the point, I was wondering how much it would affect my chances... Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 592 views
  2. Bluebird
    Started by Bluebird,

    This may seem like a bit of a silly question, but in my excitement I'll ask anyway. I have an assessment centre coming up soon. In the interview, can we provide just one example in detail for each question, or can we use our five minutes per question to highlight several examples that might be appropriate? Would you be allowed to give more than one situation or is that a no-no?

    • 2 replies
    • 416 views
  3. ham1546081286
    Started by ham1546081286,

    Long time observer, but this is my first post I thought it would be useful to post a list of the statuses of forces regarding new applications to become a regular police officer. Obviously, regs recruitment is a hot topic on this site, and many threads discuss regular recruitment in certain forces. I know that some also exist that ask which forces are currently recruiting. However, I feel that potential applicants (from both the Special Constabulary and the public in general) would benefit from a systematic list of the recruitment status for all UK forces. The obvious caveat is that these position sare subject to change, but in starting this thread I hope to give poten…

      • Like
    • 331 replies
    • 51.9k views
    Bravo Sierra +
  4. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    hi mate got an email to bring forms too the interview. one such form was nsv001- which you have to download. this form is 29 pages long. are the applicants expected to fill this out. i viewed part of it on the internet.

    • 2 replies
    • 528 views
    fruitandveg +
  5. Princessvmh
    Started by Princessvmh,

    Bonjour I have my PIR test on Monday, very nervous!! It's with North Wales police, so not sure if I'm posting in the right place, however I'm just looking for feedback from anyone who has sat the test recently or any advice anyone has to offer. Thank you ?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 484 views
  6. Sierra Alpha
    Started by Sierra Alpha,

    Hi All, Whilst I am waiting to hear on my vetting I cannot stop worrying about things which I have not stated which may come back to bite me in the preverbial rear end. First, In 2010 I was assulted in Portsmouth, there was an investigation and no conviction was made. Now, obviously this was not me being investigated as I was in fact the victim, however I did obviously have contact with the Hampshire Constabulary. Should I have stated this on my form? Second, I was a driver in a car crash in Upminster, met arrived, breathalysed me all was fine and the incident was held to me a 5050 cause by the insurance companies as the traffic lights were out. No more was said or don…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 839 views
    Bravo Sierra +
  7. jkp02uk
    Started by jkp02uk,

    Hi all, first post here and it's just a general question that i'm sure you get a lot. I've been monitoring the West Yorkshire Police recruitment page every couple of weeks for over 18 months and can never seem to catch when they're recruiting for specials, PCSO's or police officers. I'm desperate to get a foot in the door at WYP but they never seem to be recruiting - I've registered for news/emails but i've never received anything. Is there any way i can phone/email WYP to get in touch about joining them? Regards, Jason

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 507 views
  8. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hi, Would my partners, (not being married, but living in the same house) finances cause me a problem when it come to vetting. If they had say couple grand debt and wern`t paying it back, but the debt was built up at the same address. any help would be great. Thanks

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 478 views
  9. JOLLYxPCSO786

    MY wife has 5 points on her licence for speeding. I know this is totally against the law and my future role. I have a medical and fitness test this thursday and am hoping to pass that. I just hope my wifes five points doesn't effect me in my career and clearly its not my fault. Any answer would be appreciated.

    • 2 replies
    • 512 views
    Administrative Account
  10. JOLLYxPCSO786

    MY wife has 5 points on her licence for speeding. I know this is totally against the law and my future role. I have a medical and fitness test this thursday and am hoping to pass that. I just hope my wifes five points doesn't effect me in my career and clearly its not my fault. Any answer would be appreciated.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 450 views
    Administrative Account
  11. jonesy4343
    Started by jonesy4343,

    Hi i believe there is a Assessment's happening 9th of april 2013 - 12th of april 2013 for Staffordshire police force can anyone tell me if you have to attend on all of these dates or just one of your choice and what actually happens apart from interview and written tests? thanks in advance for responses

    • 2 replies
    • 538 views
    37240932704982
  12. JamesSPCtobe
    Started by JamesSPCtobe,

    Hi everyone, Please could you give me a little advice. I have just found out that I have failed my vetting and I am seriously shocked! I have no previous record at all and have never had any trouble in my past and did well in my application and in my assessments and was due to start training in less than 2 weeks! Without going into too much details as I don't want to risk loosing credibility to my appeal or review deoending on what my options are but the reason I was called into vetting interview was that I didn't mention on my application 2 very very minor incedents which I was not the individual involved nor the offender but I had contact with the police at that time b…

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 842 views
  13. I Grade Snail
    Started by I Grade Snail,

    Anyone on here belong to the above? Or anyone got a contact for them other then the standard RAFR recruiting number? Ta. PC

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 832 views
  14. Kruizer
    Started by Kruizer,

    Hey all, I'm currently applying for Notts Constab. I'm just curious as to which part of the competency your meant to try and fit team working into. The the competency's relate to race and diversity, resilience effective communication and personal responsibility. Im thinking of trying to add it to the personal responsibility question but struggling slightly. Anyone else got any advise?

    • 4 replies
    • 694 views
  15. Parnham91
    Started by Parnham91,

    Hi Guys, I'm currently a special with Humberside and want to be a regular copper sooner rather than later. Apart from Cambs opening this week is there anything else anyone knows of? I've checked pretty much every force every week for months and they all appear to be in the same boat. I'm particulary interested in obviously Humberside, SYP, North Yorks, West Yorks, GMP, Merseyside and the Met. Let me know if you know something I dont! Thanks, Em :-)

      • Like
    • 82 replies
    • 7.3k views
    Future_officer

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.