Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    As an example of where I have intervened when it comes to racist, homophobic or sexually discriminatory behavior; the only example I can think of (as it happens quite regularly) is challenging my father when he makes a racist or homophobic remark. I am not at all proud of him or even proud to call him my father, however it is how he is and he has no willingness to change his ways. He is very old fashioned and very British but that is no excuse. Do you think if I included this in my application the assessors may think that as my father is often racist and homophobic that this could have affected my upbringing and I might be one too? (Note: I also currently live with him w…

    • 8 replies
    • 490 views
  2. Rydawg
    Started by Rydawg,

    We were told at the assessment centre that we would receive our results within 20 days of the assessment. The 20 days have now passed (yesterday) and I've heard nothing at all. They did say they'd contact us whether we'd been successful or not and provide us with feedback. Is such a delay normal in anyone else's experience?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. gravitydefeater
    Started by gravitydefeater,

    Hey everyone, Been lurking around these forums for a while and as I am filling out my specials application form I thought I should join, and I have a few questions. The form asks for family members and includes step-parents. My Mum is married but is separated from her husband, I would have thought not to put him and his children down since they're not my family, but I wouldn't want the force I'm applying to to see she's married and then question me. So do I put him down or leave him out? Another question I have is that the form asks about current employment. As I work for myself should I just fill in my own details in there and put "self-employed" somewhere, maybe a no…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 374 views
    gravitydefeater
  4. jcparks
    Started by jcparks,

    Hi all, Is a Driving offense detrimental to the application to be a SC the driving offense in question is code ms90

    • 10 replies
    • 405 views
  5. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    I appreciate this is likely to be force specific, but can anyone tell me the approximate time length for each part of the application process from when you have filed your application form? So when can I expect next contact after submitting an application? 1 month? 3 months? After I attend an interview or whatever, how long until I have to attend something else? I understand the answer cannot be definite, I'm just asking out of your own experience but if anyone is with Avon and Somerset that can offer feedback that would be great. I ask because right now the area I need to attend for my interviews and such are 90 minutes from me with no direct public transport links and…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 375 views
  6. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    I have been today to have a one to one session at the police constabulary about the new assessment process. I passed my last pirt test but failed on my written due to my high number of spelling mistakes as not helped as I am dyslexic so to me the spelling was correct at the time. Today I was called back to be advised that I am able to re sit the specials test but has now all changed and now do the same test as regulars? I have been studying pirt test now for months and have now been told they no longer do them :new_doh2: they use a company SHl still not sure now how the process works, more confused than I was can any one help me with what the new process works please. :…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 361 views
  7. Law Abiding Citizen
    Started by Law Abiding Citizen,

    Two years ago I worked at a little shop for 6 weeks and so didn't stay beyond the 3 month probation period (where you only need to give 1 week notice if you leave and they only need to give 1 week notice if they fire you). They fired me and said it was because I made a mistake on the till even though the week before they gave me a £30 cash bonus for doing so well! Also, the tills were really old and kept breaking (no barcode scanners, had to type everything in) and on a couple of occasions an entry wouldn't go in and I had to get a supervisor to change it. They were having none of it and just told me to leave. It was a family business and they were really quite strange! …

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    Hi guys, I've passed my day 2 and am waiting for my MSC training dates. I've emailed HR about the dates but was told I will be notified by the end of the month. I need to know what the date period are so I can book events and meetings around these dates, any ideas guys?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 397 views
    37240932704982
  9. maxsmithson
    Started by maxsmithson,

    What exactly does 'associated' mean here? My brother has been to prison - I haven't talked to him in about 5 years and grew up hating him. I don't live with him and don't know his current details. The rest of my family is normal!! Do I have to answer yes to that question? I don't want them to think I'm lying or anything.

    • 6 replies
    • 667 views
  10. General Purpose
    Started by General Purpose,

    So, here is it, I'm 5ft 10 and 16 stone. A lot, I know! However I walk 2-3 miles per day at work (just walking round a custody block), fairly strong (lifting boxes, restraints, etc...) and whilst I have a stomach, I'm not 'fat' anywhere else. When I used to be a Special I had no issue with running after people for periods at a time, in full kit, but I'm slightly worried about my current situation - for when I have my fitness test. Any advice?

    • 2 replies
    • 490 views
  11. maxsmithson
    Started by maxsmithson,

    I want to join the specials here where I am at university but I am only here until September 2013 and then the contract for my flat runs out and I will be moving back home as I will have graduated. Is there any point in me applying to the specials here or will they not accept me because I'm going to be gone in nine months? I was thinking I could transfer to my local force back home in september but why would they spend money on training me if I'm just going to leave! Should I wait until september when I'm back home and hope that my local force have started recruiting specials again by then? I'm trying to get experience now/asap so that when I'm applying for PC jobs (when…

    • 7 replies
    • 427 views
  12. jona_1913
    Started by jona_1913,

    Hi all, Just a quick question, i am currently re-applying to be a SC, the form asks me for my current occupation, there is only space for one job whereas i have 2, where should i put the second? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 402 views
  13. CookieRaider92
    Started by CookieRaider92,

    I am interested in trying to join the Merseyside specials police. Any information on how I go about applying?

    • 3 replies
    • 399 views
    CookieRaider92
  14. SpudUk
    Started by SpudUk,

    Don't judge me! I am standing for election this year for County Council, but if I don't win I am really keen to apply to the Specials, and the hopefully the regulars. Do you think this will cause a problem with my application? I've spoken to my local force and they don't seem to think so, but what do you all think?

    • 12 replies
    • 517 views
  15. Channelmoon
    Started by Channelmoon,

    I cant find any guidance for application form compentency questions. I am sure I read someones guide and suggestions somewehere.

    • 4 replies
    • 449 views
    37240932704982

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.