Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    So basically if you hadn't already seen I was declined for the recruitment process into Dumfries & Galloway Police (Scotland) due to my previous criminal involvement. For those who aren't clear on my story then here is some details: So not knowing what charges I was faced with etc I declared this on my application form as much detail as possible. I phoned HR Services up and informed them of this and they said "It shouldn't matter due to your age, we only really look at what you've done in the past 5 years" I then received a letter from Dumfries & Galloway Recruitment saying I was unsuccessful this time due to my previous criminal involvement. I wrote a let…

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Administrative Account
  2. vxdh
    Started by vxdh,

    Hi all Ive just joined this forum as i found the information on here very helpful and i hope with the views and advice from you all will help me with my process and i also hope with my views and assistance i can be of some use to you too So here i am today, filled in most of the application and just checking over my competency questions Im applying for the West Mercia Police: It has taken me a week just to get it right. Now for some help I have been very concise in the questions of ( Should i detail my answers a bit more or just answer them straight to the point rather than put them to sleep with long stories????? why you want to be a SC- in this i have spoken abou…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 579 views
  3. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hi, While driving home the other day, I was thinking about my application and I had a thought...Do you think I should email recruitment and tell them? I will explain. While at 6th Form (a good 6 years ago now) I was in my last year and had a lot of free periods. So one day I was free so decided to go home, I was standing at the bus stop and noticed a police car going up the road. I looked at the car (and was actually looking for the bus). The police officer (single crued) whacked the car around and pulled up in front of me. He said I was "looking at the police car suspiciously"...I was like errrrr Nope just well LOOKING...He said there was a report of youths making 999…

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. SnakeEyes
    Started by SnakeEyes,

    Anyone know what happens on your 2 induction days at beginning of training? What should I take and expect to be doing?

    • 6 replies
    • 446 views
  5. Jake CE
    Started by Jake CE,

    Hi all My apologies if this question has already been asked! I have passed all stages of recruitment and am currently waiting to be invited on a Training Course for the Special Constables. Out of the two referees that I gave, I am aware that one has been contacted. My question is, do the Recruitment Team only require one referee or will they require two? (My second referee retired and I wasn't aware until recently, I informed my Force and gave them a new referee as I didn't want a missed reference to affect my application). Any thoughts/ advice would be awesome! Thanks =D Jake

    • 4 replies
    • 551 views
  6. Wmp25
    Started by Wmp25,

    Hi all, just checked my credit report and ACPO Vetting has obtained a copy of my report, which I'm aware is part of the recruitment process, however i have 5 defaults on it from a few years ago ranging from £34- £702 is this likely to affect my application? They are for unsecured catalogue debt and I have no CCJ's, IVA or Bankruptcy. Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 658 views
  7. wolfrace
    Started by wolfrace,

    Is anyone awaiting a start date for this role? Any updates?

    • 0 replies
    • 337 views
  8. 04KentNa
    Started by 04KentNa,

    I have been through the whole process of recruitment for the Specials and have failed on the final stage. They even told me a proposed date for training. They cannot tell me the reason I failed my vetting but I believe it to be a family members past. I hear people can appeal the failure although I have been told that there is no appeals process. Even though I do not associate with this family member will I never beable to pass?

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 3.1k views
  9. SnakeEyes
    Started by SnakeEyes,

    what do I wear to my medical?

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 866 views
  10. SnakeEyes
    Started by SnakeEyes,

    I know this is where you swear to serve the queen ect but what else happens? do you just do this and thats it?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 564 views
  11. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    I sat mine the other day, I thought it was quite difficult - hopefully I'll find out the results this week, how did other people find it?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 326 views
  12. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all I've submitted an application to join the D and G force, I put it in about 4 weeks ago now and i've yet to have any acknowledgement - is this normal, does it just take a bit of time to sort out? Cheers for any help you can offer.

    • 13 replies
    • 845 views
  13. PatDun
    Started by PatDun,

    Hi do all new SWP PCSO recruits when they finish training go on to ten hour shifts as the other PCSO officer's, or are some contacted for eight hour shifts. Any advice would be helpful

    • 3 replies
    • 565 views
  14. Drummerja
    Started by Drummerja,

    Finally, after a whole year, the Civil Nuclear Constabulary got back in touch (even though i was emailing them every other month!!). My application has been 'short listed' and they are currently awaiting NPIA assessment days in the 'coming months' which i will be invited to attend. Hopefully they will be in contact with me 'in the next up and coming months'... Still! Time to stop taking creatine and drop to 13st from a healthy 16st.... Apparently, the BMI is set at 25, regardless. Anyone else heard anything back from these guys? This application was for Selafield in Cumbria, they had asked me if i wanted to transfer it for somewhere up on Scotland.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. SierraLimaSierra
    Started by SierraLimaSierra,

    So as the title implies, I passed the final interview to be a SC in Cheshire. Just got to get through the vetting, medical and financial checks... No easy feat I'm sure. Am trying to stay calm about them as there is nothing I can do to change the outcome of them, feel I've done my bit by getting through the papersift, AC and interview. Not sure I like this last stage... How long do all the checks take?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 566 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.