Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. OTS
    Started by OTS,

    Does anyone know anything about the weeding of convictions from thr PNC prior to 2005. Specifically, If the conviction fell within the weeding rules how and when would it be deleted. Thanks

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 1.7k views
    SierraLimaSierra
  2. nick66891546081139
    Started by nick66891546081139,

    Hi all, Did my assessment centre yesterday and have a feeling I made a few silly mistakes! I think I did most of what was required just said the odd few silly words. Nothing major just more localizations of words! Anyone got any advice of passing while still having done silly things? (Obviously without going into anything you shouldn't with regards to assessment confidentiality!) Thanks.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 840 views
    nick66891546081139
  3. SCWarf
    Started by SCWarf,

    Well time is almost here. I am getting nervous thinking about it. Which is a good thing. 9AM Eask Kilbride for my SET's. I have been doing the paper given to you on the Strathclyde website and i have been passing it. The same with the ones i bought from Amazon. I am confident that i know i can do this. I am still using up all spare time to study and go over the papers again and again. Just need to now go out and get two passport photos to take up with me on the day. I really can not wait until this bit is over and i really want to pass first time. Positive thinking will help also. Good luck to all that are going to be up there on Friday. Will be good to meet…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 511 views
  4. SierraLimaSierra
    Started by SierraLimaSierra,

    The forum has been down for what feels like EVER and so I've not been able to keep you updated! I had my medical on Thursday and I passed I was surprised at how in depth the medical was, I thought it would be a quick chat with a Dr and then a stamp on the form. I was very wrong... The medical was in two parts: I saw a nurse and a Dr. The nurse checked my height and weight (calculated BMI- I've discussed THAT at length elsewhere), checked my urine for glucose, took my blood pressure, checked my lung function, gave me a hearing test and made sure my eye test results were fine. The Dr gave me a full physical examination and discussed my medical history with me. Being ast…

    • 9 replies
    • 560 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  5. Pcwannabesoon
    Started by Pcwannabesoon,

    I just weighed myself I'm 5ft 10 and 15st, I'm over in bmi and although a special I'm wondering if having bmi over required limit will go against me. I suppose being in a content relationship and lacking gym my waist line has increased.

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. dungeon monkey
    Started by dungeon monkey,

    Hello, Just after some help, I should start my training in Jan, just wondering if there is any books worth buying/reading that will help with training? I have already started browsing the PND / PVH systems whilst I am on down time at work . Whilst I am not new to reading the PACE book I find it heavy going at times. any suggestion’s welcomed many thanks Sam * I have posted this in a force forum , but not many people post in that forum*

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 723 views
  7. FoxWolf
    Started by FoxWolf,

    Hello everyone. I have just sat my PIR for North Wales Police Specials and I passed...3rd time passing PIR now (Two assessment centres for West Mids and South Wales) Now then. The tricky stuff. Every time I've applied to North Wales Specials I usually fail papersift, however this time I was successful. Pondering why, because every information provided was the same as before apart from a different address and employer, I called them up to ask why I was successful. I was told that they'd pass on my request to the specials co-ordinator. Now I'm not going to hide it but I haven't exactly got the cleanest background: 14 years of age I joined my brother and some other foster …

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 388 views
  8. nfbeck392
    Started by nfbeck392,

    Hey everyone, I know a kit list has already been posted by Damsel which is packed with good info but I there isn't anything there for the kit Tayside receives? Is anyone able to say what kit we are to receive when we start please? Guess it's out of curiosity. Also I'm still waiting on receiving a date as to when I've to attend a uniform fitting so could be a little bit yet as we are awaiting more people or something. Thanks for any replies and info. Regards Nathan

    • 0 replies
    • 688 views
  9. SierraLimaSierra
    Started by SierraLimaSierra,

    Had a phone call today from recruiting to book in for uniform fitting. Turns out I've actually PASSED vetting, even though she said it was back all clear I still can't quite believe it :new_hmmm: Do they do it all in one go or in bits? I have no skeletons in my closet it's simply that my finances aren't great, I am a little shocked to have been told I'd passed as I have been expecting to fail. It's starting to look like I might actually get through - need to get my head around that one :new_yawn:.

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. Turner89
    Started by Turner89,

    Just been done for a baldy tyre while in the middle of my process for strathclyde police, has this messed up my application?

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 2k views
  11. Scott94
    Started by Scott94,

    Just a quick question, seen as Humberside Police section doesnt seem to be active, does anybody know when they are recruiting again? Thanks, Scott

    • 1 reply
    • 552 views
  12. Turner89
    Started by Turner89,

    Hi there, wondering if anyone can help on the 6 modules at Tulliallan? when I went to speak to a probationer she told me they were Police in Community Diversity Crime General Police Duties Road Traffic Information but there is no mention of these modules on the Tulliallan website. The website just says the modules are Module 1 - Induction Module 2 - Initial Training Course Module 3 - Operational Phase Module 4 - Assessment Phase Module 5 - Operational Phase Post Module 5 - Operational Deployment just a little confused

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 439 views
  13. Cooper16
    Started by Cooper16,

    As the title says, who are recruiting PCs (if anyone) at the moment

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2k views
    Special Superman
  14. Irn bro
    Started by Irn bro,

    Hello, I am thinking about applying to the regs. In terms of vetting.. I know I have to declare everything about my self.. My dad has points on his licence. Would I need to declare them aswell? Also my uncle who is temp staying with us has a criminal record would I need to declare that also? I don't know what his conviction is...we don't really get on, or actually don't have contact as I never see him in the house...

    • 2 replies
    • 753 views
  15. Betty91
    Started by Betty91,

    Hi everyone! I have my assessment centre coming up and I am slightly worried about the interview and the written exercise. I have been told that I will be interviewed on 5 competencies: Personal Responsibility, Resilience, Team Work, Respect for Race and Diversity and Oral Communication. I was wondering what types of questions will they ask me, I understand that you can't tell me what happened at your assessment centre's but I have looked through google and some other threads on the forum and cant seem to find many example questions. Also what is expected of me in the written proposal? I have been told that I will have to write a proposal document about an issue wi…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.