Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gould27
    Started by Gould27,

    Hi, I received a juvenile reprimand when I was 17 and I have now been put through into the assessment and interview stage for the Herts specials. I wrote this on my application so am I right to believe that I have passed and because I am now coming up to 24, the time have gone over 5 years and the reprimand is now 'spent' which has allowed me onto the next stage of the application process. I cant see how I have been invited to the interview and assessment only to be told at the vetting process that my previous reprimand will hold me back thanks for looking

    • 8 replies
    • 649 views
  2. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    Hi Guys! I am going to apply for regs in Scotland, I have a clean record, good credit history etc, my main concern is my previous addresses, how strict are they on getting your dates right? is there a list I get from somewhere? Thanks in advance!

    • 19 replies
    • 744 views
  3. nick66891546081139
    Started by nick66891546081139,

    Hi all, I will hopefully be getting my assessment centre for the regs soon. I have various books on the recruitement process from a few years ago and would like some up to date material for both assessment and interview. (Force does a separate interview after assessment!) so if anyone knows of any good reading material or even better iPhone apps / books please let me know! Thanks in advance! Nick.

    • 6 replies
    • 723 views
    nick66891546081139
  4. SierraLimaSierra
    Started by SierraLimaSierra,

    Cheshire have recruitment seminars for those interesting in becoming a special constable. The link to their site is here: http://www.cheshire.police.uk/jobs/special-constables/how-to-become-a-special-consta.aspx

    • 0 replies
    • 278 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  5. andymac85
    Started by andymac85,

    So I am new to this site. I have my day 1 for specials to regulars in a few weeks. The interview consists of 5 questions on competencies. I was under the impression we would talk about the examples we used in our initial application! Apparently not. In the information given by HR recruitment they stated the new Competencies which are part of the PPF( Police Proffesional Framework). Service delivery Understands the organisation's objectives and priorities, and how own work fits into these. Plans and organises tasks effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes. Manages multiple tasks effectively by thinking things through in advance, prio…

    • 37 replies
    • 2.6k views
  6. SierraLimaSierra
    Started by SierraLimaSierra,

    Cheshire seems to be a very quiet force on here but I'm going to ask anyway - anyone hoping to be on the next SC intake in Jan?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 391 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  7. mousehawk
    Started by mousehawk,

    Just trying to figure out what I'm going to wear, because this part is always a nightmare for me. Is the SET a suit-and-tie affair or will I get away with shirtsleeves & smart black jeans?

    • 1 reply
    • 286 views
  8. welshrarebit
    Started by welshrarebit,

    I know I should probably contact HR but wondered if anyone had same issue as me..... Today I had nerve blocks as damaged a nerve back in 2009 and its flared up again, I've not had any sick etc so no issue there... Just wondered if ill get booted due to ongoing treatment.

    • 3 replies
    • 400 views
  9. hoggle

    Hi I felt all of my competencies went well except for one, as my prepared answer didn't fit the question. Is the force interview done by an overall marking system or the interviewers discretion? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 430 views
  10. Rooney2504
    Started by Rooney2504,

    I am 18 years old, and I intend to study Criminology at either Winchester University or Canterbury Christ University next year. During my three year stay, I hope to gain experience in Policing, through the 'special constable' route. I hope to become a Police Constable in later years, however I feel that becoming a special will give me an idea of what the job requires. I plan to apply for either the Kent or Hampshire force, however after my three year course ends in 2016, I plan to return to my home county of Sussex. Will this cause any problems? Will I have any issues applying to be a Special if I am study for a degree?

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 965 views
  11. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all I have an ongoing application to the Regulars in D and G - I was just wondering if anyone could help me. The senior officer interview looms, does anyone know what kind of things you are asked / expected to know. As always, thanks very much. Breck

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hello again, I was wondering, is the Windsor report definitely going to be implemented next year? or are they simply recommedations for now? Sorry if I am missing something. I have taken note from many news articles and talking the blues website the recommendations are : Of most interest to prospective police applicants will be the following three recommendations. 1. From April 2013 the police SEARCH process (the national recruitment system) pass mark should be raised to 70%. 2. From April 2013 the entry requirements should be raised. In essence, this will require applicants to have three A levels or equivalent, or have completed service as a special constable. 3. Al…

    • 0 replies
    • 571 views
  13. eski
    Started by eski,

    Wasn't too sure where to post this, how does a customer enquiry clerk differ from a front office clerk and what duties do they carry out

    • 3 replies
    • 443 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  14. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    Hi guys, I passed my day 1 (thanks for all your support!), I was just wondering what happens if I fail my day 2? Am I given an other chance, will I have to do my day 1 again? P.s. how hard is the bleep test (not too sure exactly what 5.4 is) and what does the eye test consist of?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  15. Turner89
    Started by Turner89,

    What sort of things do you need to know for your initial interview? Don't really know where to begin.

    • 2 replies
    • 399 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.