Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. c07
    Started by c07,

    I have had an e-mail about my application asking to sign this document to consent to DNA and fingerprints being taken, It says electronic signature how do i make one? Thanks

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 933 views
  2. Raven1s
    Started by Raven1s,

    Quick question really, If you are an SC does your Day Job have to work round your training etc?

    • 12 replies
    • 825 views
  3. Jessicalouise
    Started by Jessicalouise,

    Helllooo.. Don't know if anyone can help me I have failed at the assessment centre by 1% twice now with Cheshire .... I'm wondering if I applied for a different force would I have to wait 6 months ???

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 910 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  4. nick66891546081139
    Started by nick66891546081139,

    Hi all, Well after around 3 years I have got an assessment centre date for later on this year. I am practicing lots at the moment. I was wondering if anyone could give me any kinds of advice for revision (obviously I am aware certain bits about assessment remain private.) Thanks all. Nick.

    • 1 reply
    • 474 views
  5. RJW
    Started by RJW,

    Hello, My name is Rob, i am 17 and thinking about applying for Special Constable whilst i study at University In the future i would like a job within the police, would this be the best route to go through to help towards a job within the police? Thank you Rob.

    • 4 replies
    • 426 views
  6. Locky
    Started by Locky,

    Had my assessment at end of last month, received the letter Friday and I was unsuccessful this time.... I know where I went wrong and that was the interview. I was very very close but not close enough. Now I need to have a little think as to if I reapply next time or look at doing something else.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. WJBarlow
    Started by WJBarlow,

    So, I got my interview date through and it is on Wednesday. I'm quite (a lot) nervous for it, after the interview I had through Humberside! Is it going to be in the same 5 comptencies as I had with Humpol? Any advice would be a great help!

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 663 views
  8. mousehawk
    Started by mousehawk,

    Hey folks, I missed Strathclyde's last recruiting drive for the regs because I couldn't get fit enough in time for the closing date Then I saw they're still recruiting for the Specials so I've decided to give it a whack. Now I've got an avalanche of questions, I went along to the open day earlier this month and got some answers but the questions just keep flowing lol. -- <edited by moderator> -- 4. I'm stuck on the question asking me to demonstrate that I respect other people's lifestyle, culture & beliefs. I respect everyone I meet, and naturally everyone is different from me in one way or another - I put no weight on religion or gender VS. dieting or be…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 634 views
  9. MrBTapas
    Started by MrBTapas,

    I have been offered the role of a comms officer in the Met. I have my medical this week and was just wondering what they need for the eyesight test? Obviously it is a desk job so as long as you can read the screen using glasses you'd be fine? Seeing as it was ok for the test

    • 1 reply
    • 489 views
  10. Betty91
    Started by Betty91,

    Hi everyone! I was wondering whether you can use an example that you used in your application form to demonstrate a competency? Thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 436 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  11. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    I had a letter today from Dumfries and Galloway Police saying that they regret to inform me that my application has been unsuccessful due to my previous criminal involvement. Criminal involvement- I declared my criminal involvement on the application form. At the time of committing the crime I was 10 years old. This was for throwing a brick through my school window, influenced by others etc. I know it was a stupid thing to do, but I was 10 years old. Is there any way I can appeal this decision? Also, who do I need to contact to get a full record of my file on the NPC? I also would like to maybe enquire to take this further, for my benefit, to have my criminal invo…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 3k views
    SierraLimaSierra
  12. AHRMG
    Started by AHRMG,

    Evening folks, I'm unsure if I'm allowed to post this here with it saying Specials Recruitment and I'm only applying for a Police Support position, hey-ho I'll give it a go anyway. I've passed the initial paper sift for a Call Centre Handler with West Yorks Police and have an interview soon, but as usual nerves kicking in etc.. I've got a few small questions if anyone wouldn't mind helping me out? Are there any specific questions I could ask that would impress the interviewer? (I'm aware there are some interviewers here ). How do you think it's best to explain my Tourette Syndrome.. I don't swear or nothing, just facial tics, blinking and the occasional grunt so…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Administrative Account
  13. Nisha_R
    Started by Nisha_R,

    Hey guys. I'm new on this. I completed my interview and written assessment on 3rd October and still haven't received a response to whether I've passed and moved onto stage two or not. I've been quite patient, but am worried about the outcome. My interview could have been better, but I'm pretty sure I annihilated the thesaurus in the written assessment, Also, how are the interviews and written assessments marked? Does anyone know whether I've passed or failed; or the likeliness of either? Much appreciated.

    • 4 replies
    • 525 views
  14. c07
    Started by c07,

    Hi all, Im applying to become a special, I was injured in a blast while serving on operations in Afghanistan, I have an left leg below the knee amputation and i am fully mobile and fit again, I can pass the bleep test easily. I have a high level of fitness Would this cause a major problem?

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hey all, I have submitted a SC. Application to my local force, however they have extended the deadlinee twice now, granting in total an additional three Weeks to the original submission window? Do you you think this demonstrates a lack of interest for the special constable vacancy with in the Gwent county? I was Hoping this would be k.d.lang benefit as there would be less competition as I am keen for a police service career . Thanks Sorry about spelling . Auto predict text

    • 13 replies
    • 739 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.