Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ada63m
    Started by ada63m,

    Hello all, Intro.....I'm 26 years old and live with my partner and children... I'm proud to say I passed the assessment centre today so I am ecstatic. However when I informed my parents it was revealed that my dad had previously been convicted of gbh or abh and my mum has a conviction for fraud. Both over 20 years ago. I was absolutely shocked to find this information out as you could imagine as they just don't seem the type!! .... :new_doh2: It was also revealed that my mums uncle (that I have never met nor does anyone keep incontact with) went to prison for murder, also over 20 years ago. I really couldn't believe this information as you really would not expect this …

    • 13 replies
    • 803 views
  2. Ryan#
    Started by Ryan# +,

    My good people, This message is simply to ask about the 'Medical & Fitness test'. I wish to know: Is your 'BMI' checked - or do you have to 'JUST' pass the Fitness test, regardless of Size? I'm quite big, but I can run for 6-7 Minutes! Many thanks, Ryan

      • Like
    • 63 replies
    • 4.7k views
    Removed User 31-03-22
  3. SC_CD
    Started by SC_CD,

    Hello, I'm sorry if people have talked about this previously - i had a search on the forum but couldn't find any relevant info. Can anyone recommend where to get some MET Police test papers for the maths exam? I can find practice papers for the Scottish Police Forces, but non for the MET. Alternatively can anyone recommend a good book, which has example questions in it? I've found several options on Amazon, but a recommendation always goes down well! Thanks, SC_CD

    • 9 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Administrative Account
  4. BlueBlue12
    Started by BlueBlue12 * ,

    Hi I have a pir test join the special constable in merseyside ad I am looking for good revision material is the any CDs I could use on the computer with mock tests as that is the best way for me to revise I want to be a special as I want to make the world a better place I feel a passion about this and I would be gutted if I didn't get in Any revision ideas will be good

    • 2 replies
    • 564 views
  5. Lythe92
    Started by Lythe92,

    Hi there I'm wondering if someone can help me , i am university student applying to Hampshire specials and have my assessment centre coming up in 2 weeks but my problem is i am originally from the north east so am only down in Southampton during term time , and some holidays and am wondering if this has been known to reflect badly on anyone elses applications or will they still consider me if i am up to the standards they require Many thanks Joe

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 653 views
  6. WJBarlow
    Started by WJBarlow,

    So, I got my interview date for Lincolnshire :D My question: What type of questions will I be asked? I want to prepare this time!

    • 1 reply
    • 454 views
  7. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Hi all, Basically, I run live band nights for younger people (16+) at a local venue. To make sure no-one underaged gets served alcohol, we ID everyone coming through the door and give people a coloured wristband, with one colour for underaged and a different colour for 18+. At the moment, I hire two SIA licenced doorstaff to ID on the door, but also to make sure no-one with an underaged wristband is drinking (sometimes they manage to sneak alcohol past the doorstaff) and that everyone is safe. Now, I'd like to assist in IDing people on the door, as it does tend to get quite busy, but I don't particularly want to get involved in any of the "security" type duties. I have …

    • 18 replies
    • 3.2k views
  8. TheBreck
    Started by TheBreck,

    Hi all I was just wondering if anyone can help, do you know if the Scottish test is multiple choice like the English one? Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 402 views
  9. watty005
    Started by watty005,

    I cannot choose my employer, I don't know any proffesional people?? Can anyone help?? Thanks in advance.

    • 8 replies
    • 507 views
  10. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    Hello all, Many of us waiting for training dates to become PCSO's for the MET have had the sad news that our applications are being termniated, and that there will be no more PCSO's in the near future. I am absolutely gutted, but maybe it wasn't meant to be afterall? I did however keep my MSC application open whilst going through this process (just incase something like this happened) and aren't I glad I did! I called up, and asked if they can take the references etc from my PCSO application and transfer it onto my MSC application as I am at Offer Manager Review stage. I am therefore being fast tracked. I have been told I will be booked onto the intensive course tomor…

      • Like
    • 55 replies
    • 3.4k views
  11. matt10862
    Started by matt10862,

    Hey guys i know there are a lot of discussions on this forum about assessment centers, and i was wondering whether having only a week was long enough to prepare for a specials assessment centre thanks

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 831 views
  12. Scoobydoo
    Started by Scoobydoo,

    Hi all, Can anyone tell me who has completed this what the push/pull weight aspect consists of? As in are you laying down on a bench to push the weight up, or do you have to pick up dumb bells off floor type thing? How are you required to push? I have looked through allmy paperwork and it doesnt give specifics. Starting to train for it and want to make sure am on the correct path. Thanks

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. SW_matt
    Started by SW_matt,

    I've got my fitness test in about a months time, the bleep test doesn't worry me in the slightest way and i was just wondering about the push/pull. I can quite comfortably bench 40 kg and seated pull 80 kg, I'm 6ft1, pretty well built and train about 4/5 times a week. In terms of other peoples experience am I likely to have much difficulty? I think its more down to the fact i've never encountered one of these dyno machines. cheers, matt

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 627 views
  14. geekgirl
    Started by geekgirl,

    Interview help… You will also sit a formal interview at which you will be asked to give examples from your experience in the following areas:- Decision Making; Service Delivery; Working with Others; Professionalism and Serving the Public. It is acceptable to expand on the examples given on your interview aid/application form if relevant, or alternatively you may provide different examples Hi guys, can anyone offer some help on the ‘service delivery’ aspect…? This is the only info I have received regarding my interview. The areas don’t seem to be the normal ones and I can’t find any info on this. I don’t want a direct answer just an idea of what to cover?

    • 1 reply
    • 389 views
    Administrative Account
  15. Sparkie1984
    Started by Sparkie1984,

    Good Afternoon! Just a quick question regarding the application form, I know you cant discuss competencies etc, but I am wondering about making sure your answers look right to the assessor. On my application the boxes for the words are tiny, I can stretch them out but if I exit and reload the form the boxes go back to tiny again. The thing is I want to try and make sure it is easy to read with paragraphs etc. I typed the answers up in open office (like Microsoft office but for mac and free) and set them out as I thought was correct, but now I have pasted them into the application it's a wall of text! How did you guys set them out? Am I being stupid? or do they just get …

    • 1 reply
    • 322 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.