Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    Hi all, Just been told my file has been handed to a recruitment officer to sign off then my references will be obtained, then i'll be allocated a start date. Can anybody tell me if the MET ask for references from your 3 personal referees AND your employees? Or just the 3 referees I provided? Was also wondering roughly how long reference checks take? Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 553 views
  2. danja
    Started by danja,

    Hi all I have some vetting forms to return as part of my application and I was after a bit of clarity on one thing. One question asks if you are in receipt of any "conviction, reprimand, warning or final warning". I am under the impression that a "warning" in this instance refers to the old and no longer used formal means of disposal for someone under 18. Am I correct? I'm asking as I have been "warned", as in verbally, by an officer to in effect ###### off after urinating in a side street. My details were taken to confirm identify but was not arrested or FPN'ed, I was over 18. All I got were some stern words and went on my way however I did receive a letter stating no…

    • 1 reply
    • 487 views
    Reg Hollis1546081394
  3. benson119
    Started by benson119,

    Hi all I have had a look around on this forum and cannot seem to find any similar topics, so apologies if it already exists. As of today, I have effectively been told I can no longer serve as a special with the Met, and must resign. In short, I have been in for 2.5 years and have found it difficult to gain IPS, even though I have met my hourly commitments every year. I was told that due to personal circumstances it would be unfortunate to let me go, but that if I resigned now, I could reapply in the near future and have a good chance to get back in. So my question is, has anyone experienced having to re-apply after resigning previously? I will be able to reapply in De…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    Evening, I have posted this topic in BTP section of forum but no one got back to me :new_no:, is anyone going to be part of the BTP PCSO intake in September or knows of anyone who is going to be ? Ameur

    • 0 replies
    • 367 views
  5. kazza1546081400
    Started by kazza1546081400,

    Hi All Passed medical and have spoken to hr twice and still no further on with a training date. Anyone else still waiting to hear?

    • 2 replies
    • 356 views
  6. a4r0n89
    Started by a4r0n89,

    Just had my medical today for notts pcso. i have a recurring dislocating knee cap. i have had the operation to correct this issue in feb this year and i am now running. Due to my knee issue i had to see the doctor while i was at my medical and he said he was happy with my knee but it upto HR to decide. Im guessing he would have wrote a note to say he is happy with how i am recovering from the op. If i was to fail my medical could i appeal? as i have this funny feeling after all these years of trying to get in this is going to knock me back even though i have had the issue corrected.

    • 4 replies
    • 497 views
  7. DazzyB

    Hi all, I've very recently applied for a Specials application pack (still waiting for it to arrive). On the initial 2-page application form that requests the pack, I stated 'NONE' for previous convictions. However, 5 years ago I was pulled over for driving with no insurance (NC10). I was actually on the way to sort out my insurance at the time, and the traffic officer in question (seeing that I was genuine) gave me an opportunity to make some calls and sort the insurance out on the roadside there and then (which I did with the help of a friend that I had to phone). This however resulted in me receiving 6 points on my licence and a £300 fine. The very same day, I wro…

    • 6 replies
    • 483 views
  8. JuDgE mEnTaL
    Started by JuDgE mEnTaL,

    Hi all, i understand I can purchase books that have sample questions in them that relate to the day one tests, is there one that maybe stands out above the others that some of you would recommend I purchase in order to give me an idea of what to expect on test day? I've had a quick search around the forums as I recall reading about these books somewhere but trying to trawl through 70 pages of posts on an iPad tethered to an iPhone is starting to induce a migraine Many thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 413 views
    Reg Hollis1546081394
  9. auxiliaryNYPD
    Started by auxiliaryNYPD,

    Hi, refreshing old question, going through policespecials.com requirements and I couldn't find a note about a fact that you need to live in UK for 3 years. Reading only thoes be a national of a country within the European Economic Area or, if a national of a country outside the EEA, have the right to reside in this country without restrictions have the right to live in this country free of any restrictions have reached the age of 18 when you apply - there is no upper age limit, provided you are fit and healthy enough to perform the role be of "good character" (more on this below) Have good vision (explained below) Enjoy good health (explained below) wha…

    • 4 replies
    • 435 views
  10. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    Hi guys, Thank the lord that the forum is back up and running!!!! Anybody attending the Day one assessment on 17th May for MET PCSO's?

    • 42 replies
    • 6.4k views
  11. Kilo1_999
    Started by Kilo1_999,

    Hi All, I have passed my A/C a few weeks ago and have been asked to go for a final interview with two supers! eek! and also give a presentation. Theses are literally the only details i have been given! If any one can give me and hint of what the presentation might be on, or what questions might get asked in the interview, that would be great! thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 472 views
  12. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hello all, I understand South Wales Police just completed a PCSO recruitment campaign - http://www.south-wales.police.uk/en/content/cms/join-us/pcso/ Does anyone happen to know if they will recruit again in the near future? Any rumours and so on? Kind Regards

    • 1 reply
    • 507 views
  13. The Manc
    Started by The Manc,

    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew of a link to a site with plenty of resources to help prepare for my PC Assessment Centre in October. Any hints and tips are appreciated. Regards, TM.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 755 views
  14. I Grade Snail
    Started by I Grade Snail,

    All Can someone confirm to me that BTP only ask 4 of the CBQ's on the application form?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  15. binesy11
    Started by binesy11,

    So yesterday morning i received the phone call i have been waiting for for weeks. I have been told that i should start my training for the MET PCSO on October the 8th.... I am beyond words how excited i am!! Has anyone else been given this date?

    • 4 replies
    • 554 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.