Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. GDawson
    Started by GDawson,

    Hi all. I'm currently working as a London Motorbike Courier and was pulled over today in the city by an officer at a police checkpoint. He explained to me that I had not done up the chin strap on my bike helmet and that he was going to give me a £30 fixed penalty notice. After explaining that I was a wally for not doing it up and that he was right to pull me over etc, I did say that I had applied to become a Special back in February and that I am currently going through vetting. I asked whether or not this penalty notice would affect my application at all and he assured me that it would not. After checking the vetting declaration forms it does say to declare any fixed p…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Boots
    Started by Boots,

    Just wondering if any of you guys are involved in the recruitment side of things? Interviewing, roleplays etc. Is this something that you do? I do the interviews for new SC's and PCSO's, hoping it will give me some good experience in the future

    • 3 replies
    • 545 views
  3. hazmat
    Started by hazmat,

    Can anyone provide any advice and/or i formation on the written exercise and situational judgement tests. Have these next week followed by the interview

    • 4 replies
    • 517 views
  4. benio94
    Started by benio94,

    Hey Guys, Passed everything to be a Special in Merseyside Police! Thank God! Such a lengthy process! Anyway, was just wondering, how far into training/before training/after training? do you get given all your uniform? I guess its fairly standard so i'd appreciate an answer from someone in any force, but preferably Merseyside Police! Cheers guys, proud to be one of you! Ben

    • 14 replies
    • 969 views
  5. Jambo72uk
    Started by Jambo72uk,

    Hi Guys. Can anyone tell me if you have to go through the whole recruitment process again if you are currently a Special looking to become a PC?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 819 views
  6. Specials_Ryder
    Started by Specials_Ryder,

    I have just applied to Cambridgeshire Police as they were having officer recruitment, which finished yesterday. Did anyone else know about this, I only knew out of chance of getting an email from someone. Did anyone else apply to it. Hopefully something comes of it.

      • Like
    • 62 replies
    • 4.4k views
  7. Andre912333
    Started by Andre912333,

    Hi guys Newbie here, a little about me, I'm 21 from Cambridge. Recently left the Royal marines and looking for a career in the police. I have applied previously numerous times over the years as a special constable, unfortunately never heard back from any applications. Bringing it forward to 2012, Cambridgeshire police were recruiting for the first time in ages. Luckily I passed the application and passed PIRT. But here is where the problem lies, I have my date for SEARCH at Ryton, 29th August. But unfortunately I have a holiday booked 27th-8th to the Caribbean with the girlfriend, which has been booked for months and was unfortunately very expensive! I rang the re…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 526 views
  8. Kidahji

    I realise there are a lot of applicants but is there a specific date, month etc that has been targetted to have all the new recruits in training by? Chris

    • 0 replies
    • 363 views
  9. JOLLYxPCSO786
    Started by JOLLYxPCSO786,

    Hi there everyone Im currently in the position of those who passed the recruitment stage. I recently passed my interview for Cumbria P.C.S.O in mid june, now im waiting for the fitness test and medical. My worries are if the commisioner for police might make any difference to my job success for an example will they tell me that they wont need me and if thats the case that would be me not getting the job i wanted despite the effort i put in to be accepted. Oh well guess i have to wait for the big day. wish me luck

    • 3 replies
    • 894 views
  10. Kidahji
    Started by Kidahji,

    Hi everyone, I realise that the information is probaly right in front of my eyes. I just can't seem to locate it. Does anyone know how quickly on entering the police service you can move for the sergeant position and inspector positions promotions respectively?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 655 views
  11. ijsporter
    Started by ijsporter,

    Hi guys and girls is anyone down for southyorkshire police specials training starting 14th october ? regards from ian :new_yummy:

    • 3 replies
    • 526 views
  12. bohally
    Started by bohally,

    Hello all. First post so be gentle. I'm currently applying for the role of Special Constable in Tayside. What's worrying me is I was cautioned for Vandalism ( I had a stupid argument drunk and kicked a door on the way out) around October lastyear. Everyone involved said it was totally out of character for me (it is - I'm in a professional job) and had never been in trouble before. Anybody know how likely this is to go against me? I would hate to be turned down for a moment of madness. If its any use, the situation was resolved amicably and I repaid the damage in full in a matter of days. It was honestly, very out of character for me.

    • 6 replies
    • 609 views
  13. PatDun
    Started by PatDun,

    Hi phoned recruitment and asked when next training would commence? They looked on the system and they seemed unsure saying possibly medical may be in November and training next January. Is this because of the scoring system per candidate? Passed fitness a few weeks ago and did not hear anything since. Anyone have any ideas?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. WJBarlow
    Started by WJBarlow,

    Recently applied to join the specials in Humberside. I passed everything, well so far, Until this evening anyway. I got a phone call saying because of my previous employment, as a nanny, due to data protection and the fact I was in full time education at the time of when I applied, that my application cannot be processed any further? The NPIA states that education isn't a conflict. As for PREVIOUS employment, which I'm no longer in, it was working with children and families so I had to be CRB checked anyway so its not like I'm a multiple murderer or anything!! So, question is; do I have a right to appeal against their decision? And how do I go about it if I decide too??…

      • Like
    • 102 replies
    • 5k views
  15. benio94
    Started by benio94,

    Hi guys! I've passed my Merseyside police interview to be a special and have been invited to my medical, I know there are posts about this already but they are all at-least 2 years old, and i know things move along quickly in the police. A few questions, one, what actually happens? Two, what should i wear? And three, how do they test for misuse of drugs? Sounds stupid but i hate needles, so are they involved? Lots are saying its a urine test, but someone told me it had changed to Blood or hair testing? Has anyone done a medical for the specials in the last 2 years who could tell me what happened to them at this medical? Thanks in advance

    • 5 replies
    • 577 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.