Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jamie_88
    Started by jamie_88,

    Hi, i know this has probably been done to death, but just a quick one. If i walk into my opticians with the info of what the eye sight requirements are (E.g 6/12 or better with either your right or left eye and 6/6 with both eyes together) and ask them to look at my current prescription would they be able to tell me if i would pass? Or would i have to sit another specific test? Thanks.

    • 11 replies
    • 510 views
  2. timtim
    Started by timtim,

    Hi, I am just about to start my Specials Induction Training and was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for additional reading material that would help me read and understand what I'm being taught? As always thank you very much Timtim

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 438 views
  3. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    Hi all, I was given my training dates just over 2 weeks ago now. I start training the 1st of october. The lady on the phone mentioned that a letter was to be sent out confirming this. Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes on average to receive this letter. Thanks in advance

    • 8 replies
    • 434 views
    Officer_Jordan
  4. Freddy01
    Started by Freddy01,

    Hello, Im seeking advice. Im just awaiting a start date and have just been issued a section 59 anti social on the road for going around a round about too fast. Is this going to affect my application and should i inform Human resources? Many thanks,

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1k views
  5. WJBarlow
    Started by WJBarlow,

    So, I've been transferred from Humberside to Lincs (wooo!) and I have to go through everything again, which sucks but at least I don't have to wait 6 months to apply again. I was wondering how the do the whole recruitment process? Is it the same as Humberside where you do the assessment and the interview on the same day, then if you pass you get a date for a medical and vetting forms to fill out?

    • 7 replies
    • 520 views
  6. calvin1546081398
    Started by calvin1546081398,

    Okay so this morning I had an interview for the Specials. Just received an email saying that I have been unsuccessful and to re-apply again in six months. Just want to get some advice of anyone who could point me in the direction of what should be done to ensure i'm fully prepared for next time. I'm not sure what let me down, but the main problem I feel was that some of the questions I wasn't sure how to answer. Interviewer: "You witness inappropiate behaviour in the workplace between two people, how do you treat this?" Me:" I would tell them I thought it was inappropiate and let them know they shouldn't bring that sort of behaviour into work. " Interviewer: "They do…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 771 views
  7. moleo23
    Started by moleo23,

    Hi, random question i know, but i was speaking to a mate of mine recently and i was just curious if anyone knows. If you pass the pcso fitness test, medical, hearing/eyesight etc. and get into the job does that mean you would pass the tests for reg pc?

    • 2 replies
    • 497 views
  8. vpc-thc
    Started by vpc-thc +,

    Evening all My best mate is hoping to join the police, like me, and also join the traffic department, like me again! However, he has just found out today he has Crohn's Disease Would he be rejected? Here is a link to information regarding Crohn's Disease Clicky

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 3k views
    Markdn1546080917 +
  9. Jnev0
    Started by Jnev0,

    Hi I have started my Pre Employment modules and started filling out the medical and vetting questionare, however I am worried if I will pass the medical due to my Crohns. Does anyone know who as joined as a Special or as a Regular officer ? my Crohns isnt severe however I am still trying to get the right medication that deals with it best and I have never had a flare up. Thanks Jake

    • 3 replies
    • 361 views
  10. Cf-8
    Started by Cf-8,

    Currently on holiday in Majorca and received an email stating I've passed vetting and all other checks and therefore been booked onto training course, all I need to do now is book my uniform fitting when I get home! Just made my holiday even better!

    • 9 replies
    • 573 views
  11. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,

    Hi all, I have an interview next week for the Specials; from the information we were sent we were told to expect the interview to be thirty minutes in overall duration. However, I am making this post to ask what the best way is to prepare for the big day? The e-mail the force has sent through lists MANY competencies which are required, obviously I don't want to spend valuable prep time and compile responses to competencies on which I won't be questioned... Do they just ask more in depth questions relating to the answers submitted on the initial application form? I want to give myself the best possible chance of success... But I must stress I am NOT looking for an unfa…

    • 7 replies
    • 576 views
  12. a4r0n89
    Started by a4r0n89,

    Hi everyone I have passed my interview for notts pcso after 6 years of trying to get into the police. I'm so over the moon about passing Today I got a letter telling me I have passed interview and a date for my medical and for my stab vest measurements. Im currently recovering from a knee operations hitch is to stop my knee from dislocating. I have dislocated my left knee 5 times and this operation is to stop that my adding another stronger ligament on my knee to hold it in. After checking my medical form is states tick yes if you hand had a recurring knee or joint dislocation which I have ticked yes. I know I'm fit for the job as when the knee is back to 100% it …

    • 6 replies
    • 500 views
  13. Reg Hollis1546081394
    Started by Reg Hollis1546081394,

    Just wondering if this needs to be declared on the vetting form (Special Constable)... I've never been charged, arrested, reprimanded etc, however I was asked to attend a police station (by letter) for questioning regarding an accident. Apparently a driver had caused light damage to another car while parking and not swapped details. Anyway, they thought it was my car and asked me to come in for questioning. To cut a long story short it wasn't me and the policeman was really nice. He even went as far as writing me a letter to pass to my insurer to help dismiss the other persons claims. So, to my original question, should I declare this? This is the only dealings i've ev…

    • 5 replies
    • 539 views
  14. binesy11
    Started by binesy11,

    Hello all Got a phone call on Friday regarding my work refferences, the fact my employee hasnt sent them. I have been given until Tuesday to get these sent in as i have been given a date of 20th September to start training. I was told on the phone that another email would be sent out Monday morning (today) to my selected employers to which they havent recieved and i have tried to contact the person to phone my but cant get a respose, any ideas anyone as i would like to join asap. its the MPS Regards nick

    • 4 replies
    • 478 views
  15. S1234
    Started by S1234,

    Was wondering if anyone could tell me, how long roughly after hearing you have passed your assessment centre with the CNC do you get issued a medical date? Got an email yesterday from them saying that they are currently working on organising them, yet I know of others who already have a medical date? I know its only been a week since I found out I passed, but with the stories I've heard about CNC HR and from my own experience, I'm afraid of falling through the cracks. I was really hoping to start training in October but that doesn't look too likely now. Also, anyone in CNC, does your vetting take place during training or before? I've heard of some people still going …

    • 1 reply
    • 337 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.