Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    Hi all The vetting I'm going through is the same as Specials vetting for Nottinghamshire police. My position is just a volunteer, but wanted to know if this means I don't have to worry about it when I apply for specials unless I get in with the law or something.

    • 4 replies
    • 422 views
  2. montana

    Hi, I am pretty new to the site, you normally find me lurking in the background researching on info related to being a special. I have decided to pursue my interest in policing and apply to be a special, however i have a question around eligibility for recruitment as my OH is currently in the midst of Magistrate recruitment - she is at the stage where we are just waiting to get an appointment letter. Is this likely to hamper my chances at becoming a special? I have seen the document below; and it doesnt mention about a partner being a magistrate - i am sure i have read it myself though that it is seen as a conflict of interest. http://www.npia.police.uk/en/docs/NPIA_Ci…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 600 views
  3. PatDun
    Started by PatDun,

    Hi what happens if you apply to two different police services, end up taking the first posting, then a few months later offered a vacancy with another force, my best mate mate be in a position taking the first offer but if something should turn up later, he may be tempted to do this, I think he cannot do this, but checking? PCSO positions.

    • 2 replies
    • 807 views
  4. hollstar
    Started by hollstar,

    Hi I need to raise my BMI from 16.85 to 18 or over. This is proving more difficult than expected! Anyone got any tips on how to raise BMI quickly? (apart from eating too much cake, ive tried that already :new_yummy: )

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. Whirlybird1546081382
    Started by Whirlybird1546081382 +,

    Hi I have my fitness test for TVP on 20th Aug. Can anyone give me an idea of how long you are on site for the fitness test ? I have taken half a day off, just want to make sure nothing goes on after, which will go on longer. Many thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 464 views
    HampshireDave
  6. Iwanttobespecial
    Started by Iwanttobespecial,

    Hello all, I have sat my assessment centre and today recieved vetting forms Does this mean I've passed? I haven't recieved a letter to say I have though?

    • 11 replies
    • 691 views
    Prae1546081277
  7. Kidahji
    Started by Kidahji,

    Hi everyone, Has anyone applied to be a regular in the Strathclyde force? If so has anyone heard anything as of yet? :new_yummy:

    • 0 replies
    • 334 views
  8. GDawson
    Started by GDawson,

    Hi all! New to this forum! Just wanted to know of anyone else completed there day 2 assessment towards end of May for the MSC and whether or not they have heard anything since in regards to a training date. Im currently waiting for my vetting to clear and just wanted a general idea of how long it took? Very much looking forward to starting my training! Thanks all.

    • 2 replies
    • 460 views
  9. Sparkie1984
    Started by Sparkie1984,

    Hi everyone, I am wanting to look at joining the specials within the thames valley police (aylesbury area) in the future and thought about going for a ride along. has anyone done it (for any force)? if so would you mind explaining what happened, how did it go, and was it beneficial. my worry is that we would be dumped onto an officer who will already have enough on their plate without having to look after me else, do the officers choose to have us tag along? Sorry for all the questions thanks for any help

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. Yellow.1991
    Started by Yellow.1991,

    Hi I have recently been dismissed from my previous job (after working here for 5 years) for gross misconduct. I have been told that they don't give bad references, they only supply references about the dates I worked there and the job title I had. However I am going to have to state this on my application to become a special constable. Will this affect my application and ruin any chances I may have had. Any advice would be great! Thanks

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 3.8k views
  11. Dills147
    Started by Dills147,

    Does anyone know the monocular eyesight requirements? I know they used to be on the met police website but I cannot seem to find them anymore. Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 574 views
  12. One

    I would really like to join the Specials. I've read a few posts about people been frowned on because a family member had been involved in crime. My cousin has been in prison a few time. He lives in another county,(Greater Manchester) plus i don't really see him often. (normally at funerals) Could this stop me from being accepted?

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 2.9k views
  13. Tom
    Started by Tom,

    Worst timing, I am coming down with a cold and my physical is on Saturday. Anyone got any advice to see me through?

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. S1234
    Started by S1234,

    Just had my CNC assessment centre yesterday, now a long 2 week wait to find out results! im worries tho because in some of my role plays i said all i could say, the role actors werent as interactive as i thought they would be and as a result i was sat in silence for a few mins. would this count against me in passing the AC??

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 929 views
  15. Nozza
    Started by Nozza,

    Hello, I have an interview with Northumbria Police today to be a special, i'm transferring from my current force. Wish me luck!

    • 7 replies
    • 524 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.