Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    I am getting to the point where as I dont know where I stand any longer, I suffer from dyslexia and never caused be a huge problem really until now, I passed the paper shift and was asked to attend the local police assesment centre of which I was really excited as I have been studying so hard for this,I emailed recruitment explaining I was dyslexic but never did received a reply back from this,but understood they would need my original copy of my report of which I sent straight away to the assesment centre by first class post,my first attempt at the Pirt I failed as was not given my extra 25% time for being dyslexic,but I adapted and did my best but flagged up at the end…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 811 views
  2. xdorina
    Started by xdorina,

    Hiya guys, I've completed my day two about two weeks ago and I've still not heard anything yet. I passed the medical and fitness test seeing as we had a checklist and couldn't move on to the next stage until successfully completing the stages.. I'm just wondering how long it actually took for you to hear back from recruitment and also if you think I should give them a ring and see what's going on? Thank you

    • 1 reply
    • 437 views
    alpha1546081339
  3. spice1546081382
    Started by spice1546081382,

    Hi there, I have had a look through the previous posts to see if any of them could answer this question. Is there role play activities at the assesment centre? I have just passed the paper sift and 'mini vetting' interview and now I've been invited to the assesment centre to perform the 2 PIR tests. There is no mention of role play on the letter but I have heard it on more than one occasion that this is something that takes place. Can anybody clarify? Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 476 views
    spice1546081382
  4. jigs
    Started by jigs,

    Does anyone know if I would be eligible to apply to be a special if i'm a social worker? I was all set 2 years ago to join a force as a regular before the public spending cuts hit and i was binned 3 months from my start date. Needless to say I was gutted so looked at other professions. I love what I'm doing and will qualify in 12 months. However I still feel like I have unfinished business and would like to volunteer as a special. Obviously I won't apply to a force where I'm working as there could be a conflict of interests - but would I be stopped from applying elsewhere? I can't see anything on the police websites

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Ryan_0176

    We both live together

    • 1 reply
    • 950 views
    Administrative Account
  6. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    Can someone explain to me what they mean by life skills( I think i know what it is and may have some but I really am not sure)?

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 717 views
  7. Cf-8
    Started by Cf-8,

    Just had confirmation of passing my application! Now looking forward to interview, any advice of what to expect? Cheers in advance for your help

    • 5 replies
    • 524 views
  8. iansmith181
    Started by iansmith181,

    personal references may not be current employer, police officer or relative. I have none, surely I HAVE to put something here. I've only ever had one job, my current one for 8 years but I can't use anybody from there. I assume I can't use friends either, any suggestions would be helpful. Also I have to have known them for over 5 years.

    • 6 replies
    • 491 views
  9. Mdarby92
    Started by Mdarby92 * ,

    Hi guys, i believe this is my first post on the forum, so I guess I should say hello! Just looking for a bit of advice really! any bit of help would be good Basically, i'm thinking about applying for the specials for the tayside police force, reason being, i'm going to be relocating from West Mids to Dundee in about 3 weeks time, and it looks to be one of the only forces currently recruiting nationwide!? Only a few things i'm worried about, first of all, i'm only 19 so i'm not entirely sure whether or not they may look down on this a little, i've been working full time since the age of 16/17 in quite a number of different jobs, and i've just finished working abroad in…

  10. Wendy1546081390
    Started by Wendy1546081390,

    If you have a relative with a criminal record, and has even served a term of imprisonment, can this prevent you from becoming a special

    • 6 replies
    • 535 views
  11. Drummerja
    Started by Drummerja,

    Hey, I've just found out that I passed the assessment centre for the Civil nuclear constabulary (happy dance), however, how strict are forces on weight. I play rugby year round, and although I dont compete, I do body build. I'm 15.5 stone now, as I've been cutting since I found out of passed, and to be 19-25 BMI, I have to weigh 13 stone. I physically cannot weigh that much. Unless I chopped off both my legs. My body fat is less than 18%. I could loose another half stone, maybe a stone at push, between now and my medical. Anyone else had problems like this? If so, what was the out come. Or more specially, anyone recently had a CNC medical now or in the past year or so. …

    • 8 replies
    • 617 views
  12. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    I am about to come out of vetting for community safety volunteer, if I apply would I have to go though vetting again if I applied for SC?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 647 views
    alpha1546081339
  13. jack.t
    Started by jack.t,

    Hi Guys, Just wanted to try and find out which competencies were assessed at the interview? I attended the assessment centre back in 2009, and unfortunately failed on the interview. I would like to structure my answers in my head properly prior to interview. When i attended back in 2009 they were chosen at random, is this still the case and is it still the same 7 competencies? On the application forms they are now slightly different and planning and organising was not previously one??? Many Thanks, Jack

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 816 views
    General Purpose
  14. gw01993
    Started by gw01993,

    hi all, i've almost finished training as a special for one force, however i see a different force, the force area i live in is externally recruiting Pcso's. My aim as a special is to hopefully join as regulars but being a pcso would be an improvement on my current current full time job and nothing to do with being a special. Im not just looking at the job as being in the police but as im on minimum wage im looking to improve my livelihood. if i was to apply would there be a conflict of interest eg. similar to cant be a special if your a bouncer or a traffic warden? as its being a pcso for one force and special in the other would that be conflict of interest between fo…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Mizzles
    Started by Mizzles,

    Hi, I've been considering becoming a special for a while now and have recently made the decision to apply in nortants, and this may sound stupid but I cannot see online or in the application you can print off, where to send the application too, if anyone could tell me I'd be very grateful

    • 9 replies
    • 588 views
    Rosco P Coltrane

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.