Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Scoobydoo
    Started by Scoobydoo,

    Hi all, I have just recently applied for the MET specials, and am awaiting to hear something. So i am at the very early stages. I just wanted to know if the fact that i am on anti-depressants is going to be a problem. Its a very low dose (witha view to be off them soon) I know that i read somewhere that nowadays they cannot refuse for this - someone took the MET to court and won? But i just wanted to know if any one actually knows for sure? Many thanks,

    • 4 replies
    • 783 views
  2. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    I recently applied for a Scottish force but was unsuccessful, however I am now looking towards applying to be a Special Constable. When applying to be an Officer, I had to take part in an Assessment Day, which included a variety of different tasks. Could you please advise if it will be similar for applying to be a Special Constable or if it will be less? Many Thanks

    AndyG1546081398
  3. Icarus
    Started by Icarus * ,

    Hi guys, i have my interview today and im really nervous!! I'm really worried about the maths test, im usually good at mental maths as i work in the post office part time so i need to count stuff a lot but trying to do a practice paper earlier i seem to have forgotten everything i ever learned! Also, my mates Boyfriend is a special and he's been giving me horror stories about the interview, can anyone give me some quick advice! Sorry if this sortve thing has been posted before but as I say im quite nervous! Thanks in advance!! J. :-&

    AndyG1546081398
  4. Pantera1989
    Started by Pantera1989,

    Hi, I've completed all of the recruitment stages and I'm now currently waiting on the vetting. I sent the forms off five weeks ago. How long have some of you had to wait, experiences would be appreciated! I know vetting differs person to person, but I would find it interesting to hear some of your experiences and how long some of you have had to wait. Cheers, Dean.

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 3.1k views
    Cupcake1546081362
  5. Stocky82
    Started by Stocky82,

    Hi Chaps and Chapettes, I want to apply to Kent Police to become a Special. I'm concerned about my weight I'm 18 stone and 5ft 8, Which makes my BMI 38.9 i have started training for the Bleep test and have quite a good push pull as I used to train in judo upper body strength is not a problem, Should I apply now or should i bring my BMI down I feel I could pass the fitness test any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

    • 13 replies
    • 977 views
    RomeoAlphaWhiskey
  6. iansmith181
    Started by iansmith181,

    please tell us about any other skills such as driving or language skills and any voluntary and community services you have been involved with including activities relevent to support your application. So far i've mentioned that I am studying a policing degree and that the knowledge i have gained from this so far is relevent and applicable to joining the specials, i also said i have an A level in french. I dont think this is enough and havent done any voluntary or community work. Anybody else had this problem of having the page look bare? Just wondering if theres something obvious ive overlooked that might help here. Any suggestions? (I know you dont know what i have or…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 457 views
  7. sazzy2511
    Started by sazzy2511,

    Hi all, I dont post much on here, Im a fairly new user!! After waiting for what feels like forever ( I had my assessment in January) I was finally told today after I had passed my medical that the vetting had all cleared and I would be on the next available intake to begin training - hopefully in the Autumn but could be early next year. I cant wait to start training,Im so happy I finally know that Im definitly in!!

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 544 views
  8. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    Hi can anyone help. I went for assessment in Feb 2012 and got results in March (PASSED) and havent heard anything yet from vetting is it worth contacting them to see what stage im at if so how do i go about it.

    • 3 replies
    • 397 views
  9. Space Marine1546081368
    Started by Space Marine1546081368,

    I have my assessment at 6 o'clock. Just want to say thanks to everyone who helped me. Wish me luck

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 413 views
    Space Marine1546081368
  10. adam1234
    Started by adam1234,

    Hi all Does anyone know if Winsor's recommendations for future PC recruits are being taken up in April for sure? I've heard that all applicants will be required to have 3 A-C A Levels or service as a special constable, the assessment centre pass mark is to raise to 70% and that new recruits will start on 19,000 a year. To me...19 grand is a complete wee wee take for an extremely demanding job...especially when you look at other jobs which are paid at that level. Apologies if someone has already posted...I'm on my phone and find the search function hard to use Thanks Adam

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 2.3k views
    GoneForgotten
  11. 54321
    Started by 54321,

    Hi all Has anyone that applied for Suffolk Constabulary last month heard anything back? I received a further form to fill in with pencil but other than that nothing. I check my post daily in hope to find news (one way or another)

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 791 views
  12. Space Marine1546081368
    Started by Space Marine1546081368,

    Right i've got my assessment tomorrow with leicestershire constabulary. I've prepared my situations and done some mock situational judgement tests. I'm excited but also a bit nervous Anyone got any last minute advice for me?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 399 views
  13. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    I passed. Yipeeeeeee! (For the specials) and it will also count towards my PCSO application if I pass day 1!

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 510 views
    JoinThePoliceForce
  14. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    HI all, Bit of a tricky question for my initial vetting form, they have asked for any spent or unspent driving convictions. I was caught doing 37 in a 30, I attended the AA school instead of taking the points. Do I declare this, or does it not count as I never actually got the points? Thanks

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 645 views
    callsign-kid
  15. themechanic
    Started by themechanic,

    Morning all I am in the process of filling in my online application for the specials (2nd application after failing interview last time). As I have previously applied before this force I have already filled in the competencies. Should I be looking to use new examples and not simply 're-cycle' the ones I have already used? I do have new examples for two of the questions but racking my brains for the fourth and fifth is proving a task! J.

    • 5 replies
    • 453 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.