Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Scustevie
    Started by Scustevie,

    Hey, I was just looking for some advice on what to do. I've applied to the Metropolitan Police regardless of me living in Plymouth, UK. Which would obviously mean me moving to London etc. which I was okay with. However, I've recently had a change of heart and want to cancel my application to the Met and hopefully join in as a special constable for Devon and Cornwall police, reasons for this are that it's my local police force and if I was going to do a job as challenging as this, then I'd prefer to do it in a place that I've lived most of my life and where I have friends and family around for support. So, my question is, how do I go about cancelling my application to the…

    • 7 replies
    • 581 views
  2. trelloskilos
    Started by trelloskilos,

    I have a colleague who attended a recent SEARCH assessment day held by the NPIA. Unfortunately, it seems that something went wrong during one of the exercises, and he had to raise a procedural complaint. From what I understand, his complaint has been escalated, and the assessor has been briefed to ensure that the mishap wont happen again. The problem is that there is still a "What about me?" issue still outstanding. He wants to know if the NPIA will consider the incident & how it may affect his final score. Obviously, I can't tell him, and so far, he has not heard anything at all from the NPIA. (Which is kind of ironic considering the whole thing about Customer Care …

    • 0 replies
    • 468 views
    trelloskilos
  3. whitey0903
    Started by whitey0903,

    1 year later, I am now a Special PC Yaaaaaay! Can't wait to get stuck in!

    • 3 replies
    • 629 views
    Mr So Special
  4. phlopip
    Started by phlopip,

    What happens and is discussed in the home visit before start of the training course. Should I buy in some fancy biscuits?

    • 5 replies
    • 607 views
  5. Blizzard1986
    Started by Blizzard1986,

    My training starts tomorrow and it feels like I have been waiting forever. Would like to thank anybody and everybody who has helped me or shown support on the forums.

    • 11 replies
    • 665 views
    Blizzard1986
  6. tariq
    Started by tariq,

    Hello all I'm just wondering if anybody is starting their training at Hendon on 21st of May to become specials

    • 0 replies
    • 319 views
  7. spice1546081382
    Started by spice1546081382,

    Hi, I posted a few weeks ago (although I don't think my account registered properly) asking if anybody had experienced a 'Vetting interview' as I had been asked to attend one at my chosen force's HQ before my application could be submitted back into the recruitment process. I applied on 12th April and was interviewed on 2nd May and informed i'd hear back within 7 days as to if I was successful. I emailed them after 1 week and the vetting officer did explain that he was busy and would get to my file eventually. During the intervew he presented me with a few scenarios involving a family member and aksed some 'what would you do?', 'what if?' type questions before stating …

    • 0 replies
    • 659 views
    spice1546081382
  8. ballerinabarbie
    Started by ballerinabarbie,

    Hi everyone I have been going through the specials recruitment process for a year now, and am due to take my fitness test next month, followed by my training in July. Now because this has been going on for a while, I applied a few months ago to be a PCSO and I've been invited to an assessment day! Now do I go? What do I do?! Also I am really scared I won't pass my fitness test due to my asthma being quite severe, so maybe the PCSO option would be better? Oh I really am confused!!! :-) Any one help? Thank you

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. PCgill82
    Started by PCgill82,

    Afternoon guys, well after 10 months of recruitment process for GMP speicals, I have finally found out today that I have been accepted and all my checks have been successfully carried out. Training starts on 19th May so in just over 8 days and I cant wait. Been assigned to a different division than I applied for but hey, im in and thats all thats matters. Good luck to all the rest of you and stick with it

    • 3 replies
    • 628 views
  10. Meal
    Started by Meal,

    okay guys, so I applied, passed my PIRT/fitness test/interview and have subsequently been accepted. Next have to fill out a CTC and a medical history form, however, im not sure if they need to be posted back to HQ ASAP or whether i take them with me on my first training session. AND... What things would you recommend i bring to the first training session? (i.e. clothing and equipment.) Thanks in advance! James

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 460 views
  11. badger-man
    Started by badger-man,

    Hi everyone and apologies if this has been asked before. My assessment day for the Hampshire Specials is on the 23rd May and I was just wondering if there are any specific requirements for dress/appearance? I can pretty much assume that most people will be wearing a smart shirt, tie, smart trousers and smart shoes but I don't have any of these available to me. There doesn't seem to be any mention in the material I've received from Hampshire Constabulary about appearance so I was wondering if anyone knew if you can fail if you turn up in a T-shirt, jeans, jacket etc? I also know that my hair could possibly be considered to be too long and untidy but I'm prepared to get i…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 2.1k views
  12. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    Hi everyone, Just got confirmation of my day 1 PCSO assesment day for the MET It's on the 17th May, is anybody else on this day? If anybody had attended this type of assesment before and could give me some tips for the role play activities? Much appreciated Thank you! :new_doh2:

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
    rachael27161
  13. stevevar
    Started by stevevar,

    had my day 1 test and interview and forms all done ok howw long do we have to wait for a response

    • 7 replies
    • 480 views
  14. jviney

    Hi, I've just signed up here now that the forum's back up. I have my assessment day for GMP on Saturday and just have a few questions. I've mainly been focusing on preparation for the interview, I've been through all the competancies and written out suitable answers, now just noticed its come to over 2000 words. :o Obviously I'll just be trying to remember key points. First question is, many of my examples are of the style 'This often happens and I am used to doing this' rather than 'last week this happened and I did this.' I've tried to think of as many of the latter as possible, but is the former ok if I can't? Secondly, with regards RRD, most of my examples, of whi…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Neil Andrew
    Started by Neil Andrew,

    First time poster, so hello everyone! :new_wave: I have my assesment day tomorrow for GMP and I've been asked to provide proof of identity (10 year passport) and proof of address which must be one of the following: -Utility Bill -Bank Statement -Credit Card Statement All within the last 3 months... Problem is I live at home still, so I don't have any utility bills since they aren't in my name, all my banking is done online and I don't have a credit card! Tried calling recruitment several times, no answers though. Anyone been in this situation before? Surely there's quite a few people who will have none of those........

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 497 views
    Jeebs1546081084

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.