Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi Everyone, I have just sent off the online application to join the Met as a special constable. Any thoughts from people who are qualified to give it would be greatly appreciated. I am 29 and have decided to do put something back by joining the Met as a special constable. I would like to think of myself as someone of good standing. I can think of two things that might count against me and it would be fantastic if someone could give me some pointers on if they will significantly influence my application in a negative way. The first point is that I was unemployed for a period of over a year. Other than that I have had a full employment history sins I left Uni. Part of…
-
If you are british are you classed as a Commenwealth Citizen? Filling out an application form and it says if you are a Commenwealth Citizen is your stay in the UK free from restrictions?
-
Which police forces are recruiting or going to be recruiting for PC's. I know Scottish ones are but any England/Wales?
-
hi guys and gals just wondering if as a special constable can you be part of the dog section ??
-
Hi, I found out today that I have been successful at the Gwent Police PCSO interview stage. :D Does anybody else who has got through have an idea of what the medical entails? Worried about my BMI being slightly high. Thanks
-
Hi all, I have passed my MSC Day 2 and am now awaiting more information regarding training courses. Apparently, with the Olympics looming, they will only be offering intensive training courses? (If so, this is fine by my as long as it's after 3rd May as it's my last university exam!) Could anybody shed some light as to what will happen from here on? i.e. training etc. Thank you! mk
-
During the interview at the assessment centre I am aware that it is very much structured. Does this mean that the questions asked will be, for example, describe a situation where you have had to communicate effectivly (if assessing communication competency) very much similar to the application form or will they be more generalised such as why do you want to become a police officer?
-
Hi There, Has anyone recently done this course and sucessfully become a police officer with not so perfect life history. I'm a little concerned about a "hick up" in my life 17 years ago where I was bound over to keep the peace for being drunk on a night out!! - I'd love to be a police officer and happy to do the course but worried I'd be rejected due to this hick up. I've emailed but had no response so far and course is going to start soon. I don't want to spend the money to be told thanks but no thanks. Cheers....
-
Hello all. Quick question regarding vetting. I have no previous convictions, never even had as much as a parking ticket so regarding that bit I should be fine as neither do any of my family, we are all squeeky clean. My concern is the financial checks that get done. My vetting process will probably take place in MAY of this year to give you an idea. So whats my concern...... 6 years ago this April I had to declare myself bankrupt due to lack of work and debt which at 22 I couldnt handle. Im 6 years on now never had anymore credit and owe nothing to anybody and my whole credit file gets WIPED end of April as does all credit files, to start again. My question is a mis…
-
Does anyone know anyone that is in the police force that suffers from High functioning autism (It mean's they can do anything a normal person can do just with some set backs)
-
Can anybody shed any light on what actually happens once you attest? I know you have to declare the Oath. But is it like a passing out parade or do you just go into a room and make the declaration?
-
Hey all, Well basically done all the recruitment for A&S Specials and just the medical left. I had the medical on Saturday 17th but had flu and as a result failed the Lung Capacity. I am going back next week to do it again, as I'm feeling much better. I passed everything else; History, BMI, & Eye tests but the OH Nurse said my Lung Capcity was low and I should come back to do it when im better. Anyway I did my peak flow when i was ill and have done it again whilst im healthy and there is little change which makes me think that my Lung Capacity is unlikely to change much either. So, i'm feeling like it's going to be low still. Even though im relatively fit, I …
-
Hello all, Had my fitness test on monday...and I passed!!! so chuffed... bleep test was a lot harder than expected though....got 47 and 54 on the push/pull!! which I am VERY pleased about, as they say girls do tend to struggle...I think the screaming I did must have helped so whats next....what happens in the medical??...is it mainly about BMI etc??...Can anybody enlighten me?? thanks abbie
-
I've put together this diary to help all those thinking of joining, hopefully it should help!(This has already been posted in the main forum but I thought since I'm a WYP officer it may help some of you new recruits) My life as a special started when I was at university, at the time I was studying Public Services. A friend who is now also a special was applying and kept telling me to apply as he thought I'd be good for the job. So without giving it any thought I applied, once I'd hit send that was it, I felt a stone sink to my stomach. Around two months later I received an email from a police email address, at first I wondered what I'd done but it turned out to …
-
Hi Guys Another post........... I have my Day 2 coming up in April (for MET specials) but have also applied for a prison job in the mean time, have my interview & fitness test on MONDAY 12th :D I go to Spinning classes twice a week, and sometimes walking over Windsor park on a sunday. Im going to go running tonight and all this week. Any suggestions, do you think I will pass? Once again, i'm worrying! Thanks