Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kar19
    Started by kar19,

    Does anyone know when northern constabulary will recruit again or accept transferees? For the past year it has been saying "not in the forseeable future" but i had heard they are currently accepting specials. I am a PC in another scottish force so would like to transfer. Thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 671 views
  2. SCstaffs
    Started by SCstaffs,

    Hi, Not really a question for myself, though would be interesting to know (All roads lead to Rome...). Would anyone be able to answer - 1) Can you apply to a Scotish force AS WELL AS a English force simultaneously? As i know i can't apply to 2 English forces simultaneously, or even within 6 months. 2) Is there a mechanism to convert a Scotish Police Officer to a English Police Officer, without re-applying? I know that some national forces such as BTP offer this kind of conversion. Thanks for reading, i did have a look and vaguely recall something about it been possible to apply to both Scotish and English forces, but can't recall. J

    • 17 replies
    • 912 views
  3. themechanic
    Started by themechanic,

    Evening all -- It is approaching the time to which I can re-apply after the 6month wait. I was just looking for some general information for my next application. Are you at any sort of disadvantage during the second time around, do they judge you on the fact you have failed once before? Also, the application is online and since I have a different e-mail for the login. Will it create much of a problem the fact I will have to open a new account I don't want it to look weird the fact I have opened a second account. J.

    • 5 replies
    • 581 views
  4. jam1546081380
    Started by jam1546081380,

    Hello all, A question about filling in the application form for being a SC. Traffic offences: I have a conviction for carless driving after a accident I was involved in. Is this likely to affect my application be a SC? AND if I wanted to go fulltime, which is always an option if I get bored at work, to be a PC, would this affect any PC application??? Thanks, Jam

    • 10 replies
    • 514 views
    jam1546081380
  5. joee86
    Started by joee86,

    Hello, This is my first post and as you may have guessed from the title it is rather a strange one. I have recently applied to be a special constable with the Met. I have recently got an email regarding the Support Presentation so it has got me thinking. On the form it asked for photos of the tattoos and description which I supplied. I initially thought it would be okay as they are not rascist, aggressive or in a visible place. However, since reading this forum I have seen that people describe different forces' police as barring those that are lewd, sexist or unprofessional. I have two tattoos on either buttock, a silly drunken prank about 7 years ago. One is about 15cm…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. jona_1913
    Started by jona_1913,

    Hello, Just a quick question, I have been unable to gain internet access for the past few days, and upon checking my emails today I have found an email from the force I have applied for which is now a few days old, I have replied and also explained about having no internet access etc. Will the slow reply affect my application in anyway? :new_doh2: Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 553 views
    Administrative Account
  7. Mr Faz
    Started by Mr Faz,

    Specials App

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 657 views
    Prae1546081277
  8. Mike93
    Started by Mike93,

    So I'm Pretty sure I've got this: http://en.wikipedia....Eustachian_tube After having all those symptoms on and off for years (Yes its drove me insane), I always though I was prone to ear infections (Doctors have said this numerous times too, or some sort of tinnitus even though the symptoms aren't very similar. So basically.. What do you think about this effecting me joining the police? I mean It's something I don't necessarily need to declare right ? Look forward to hearing what you think. Cheers, Mike.

    • 1 reply
    • 448 views
  9. Matthew Bridges
    Started by Matthew Bridges,

    Hello their. I don't know how official you are but does anyone have any information on how to apply for the Specials within the Kent Police? I applied via online but at the end of the application it told me to make my profile Public, I made my Application Public over 3 months! ago, and I did not hear a thing. In fact I sent a email to Kent Police the E-mail was ignored and no response was given. Is there any other way off applying for the job role of special constable other than online? Thank you .... Regards. Matthew.

    • 40 replies
    • 3.2k views
    Matthew Bridges
  10. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    Does any one know how many you have to get correct out of the 25?? ,maths really isnt my best subject and I am a little worried :new_hmmm: if you score low in the maths can you make up in other areas??

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 585 views
    Seawolf1546081376
  11. Mae123
    Started by Mae123,

    Hi I've got my medical coming up soon which I know involves a drug test. A couple of weeks ago on a night out after having a couple drinks, my head was spinning and I was being sick a lot... The only thing I can think of is my drink was spiked! Now im worried I'll fail the drugs test and I don't know what to do!!!

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 6.6k views
  12. Ethancol
    Started by Ethancol,

    Hi everyone, just got a few questions on general recruitment about the police (regs & specials) I've just rang my local police station (South Yorkshire) and just been told the latest intake has just past, and they aren't recruiting for another while. Firstly, is there a rough time between intakes of recruits? he did mention that both specials & regs have been taking on. At present I'm looking to join the specials as a cop told me 2 weeks back I've a better chance at getting in the regs by being in the specials first, is this true? Now in the long term I'm interested in being a full-time policeman, I'm scant months from being 19, about to finish education for t…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 591 views
  13. kar19

    If the one scottish police force comes into action 1st April 2013, does anyone have any idea how long it will take before i can move to a different place? Im guessing it wont be "transferring" anymore but rather "moving stations"! Thanks!

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. jonty84
    Started by jonty84,

    New to this been searching all over for help n advice and similar stories. got knocked bk this wk by GMP on the above. no idea why and they wont give me a reason, gutted. just got a e-mail literally 2 hours before my medical! Iv appealed by email but rec wasnt helpful at all. what can i do?? Thanks peeps..

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.7k views
  15. kleo147
    Started by kleo147,

    found out today that my local force (merseyside) are continuously recruiting for specials.. so i filled out the form online and within 3 hours had an email confirming my application as being successful and i have been invited to an assesment day... Is this day when i will be sitting the initial recruitment exams? are there still two? one maths and one english? are they pretty basic still or got harder? i applied a few years back for the specials and passed the exams but failed the interview and was pretty gutted, my lifes ambition is to be in the Police and i want to make sure that this time i dont mess up, can anyone offer me any advice as i'm pretty nervous. thanks …

    • 3 replies
    • 524 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.