Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LDE

    Title says it all really! Got my application through today and I have to list the dates of motoring convictions. I have 2 SP30's from my silly youth which were removed from my paper licence, so I have no idea what the actual dates of the convictions were. Does anyone know how I might be able to find out the dates?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 843 views
  2. Robw566
    Started by Robw566,

    Hi, I passed my Day 2 last week for London Met and have requested the Hybrid course. Due to the Olympics training won't commence for me until the autumn, however is anyone able to advise what the 2 week dates will be for Sep, Oct and Nov? - I need to plan ahead with my work schedules. Any help here greatly appreciated, thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 401 views
  3. honestyvo
    Started by honestyvo,

    DA, I was wondering what the likelihood is for a SC to tranfer to another force? Has this happened before? Any success stories? Or is anyone aware of what the process is? While I am happy with the force I have applied to (TVP) I have recently found out Leicestershire are recruiting SC's and with Leicester being closer to me (Birmingham). I believe it would be more convenient for myself and beneficial to the force due to the proximity. I have recently called Leicestershire up and asked if I could transfer my pass mark (if I were to pass) over to them but they said no - different assessment day styles or something? Has anyone else experienced this? I thought it was a …

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
    SCChiefDurham
  4. Superhands
    Started by Superhands,

    Hi, Short n sweet. Is there an exam for entry to the specials, maths, english etc. Or is it just a series of interviews and presentations. I dont seem to find anything mentioning and exam on the FAQ's Cheers P

    • 4 replies
    • 501 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  5. Superhands
    Started by Superhands,

    Hi to everyone, I've been contemplating joining the force for over a year now, just as all the cut backs hit. I come into contact with officers that I have to intervew as part of my full time job, with one exception they have all been brilliant blokes. So, I figure I fancy trying for the Specials. I'm in Lancashire and have the contact number to call for recruiting. I'm worried though about disclosing a caution I got about 20 years ago, plus a court apperance for drunk and disorderly (I think it was for that anyway?!?!, can I check somehow??) . I do realise I have to dislose but I dont want to be penalised for something I did all those years ago, or not disclosing th…

    • 4 replies
    • 430 views
  6. gemmaammeg
    Started by gemmaammeg,

    Hi, I am worried about passing the bleep test! I have downloaded the 15m version onto my phone but I am just falling short of the required 5.4 level. I have read on here mixed opinions about continually doing the bleep test to gain fitness. What is the best thing I can do to reach this level. I am stuck!! Thanks, Gem

    • 10 replies
    • 946 views
  7. JoinThePoliceForce
    Started by JoinThePoliceForce,

    Hello all, Just had a call today to say I need to change my references. First of all I gave close friends but had to change this, so I gave my current employer and an ex Director of a company I worked for. However, these too have been declined. Can someone explain who we are allowed to give as references because i'm struggling now. :new_no:

    • 3 replies
    • 443 views
  8. Zvyezda
    Started by Zvyezda,

    Hello, I just wanted to ask, since there is no mention of this in the welcome pack. Do they ask any questions in the interview at the assessment centre about your work history, why you want to be a special etc... Or is it really just the 4 competency questions? :new_shades:

    • 4 replies
    • 479 views
    JoinThePoliceForce
  9. honestyvo
    Started by honestyvo,

    Hello to all at PS! I've recently received my assessments day for Thames Valley Police (SC). Although ive done my research on what's to be expected on the assessment day, can those with TVP or similar format forces elaborate a little more on the day? Whilst I've viewed the TVP specific section, the thread was a little out of date. Thanks everyone for all your help so far. It has been much appreciated.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. so595
    Started by so595,

    Hi all new here, Friday I received feedback as to why I failed the application process it was due to one question “ Think of an example of an occasion when you have shown respect for the lifestyle, culture or beliefs of someone, even though they have differed significantly from your own and you may even have disagreed with them. Tell us how the situation arose and how you and the other person differed. How did you adapt what you did to account for how the other person felt.” My personal experience was a teaching lesion with the examples of my failure to understand the Ramadan session as I was leading a course and had sweets on the table that contained gelatine. Can so…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.4k views
  11. Parnham91
    Started by Parnham91,

    Hey, I've passed my medical today, so I'm just waiting on my vetting now. Forms were sent back 3 weeks ago... so nervous now though! What if something goes wrong and I don't know why I've failed it. I've read quite a few have been knocked back for petty things, or things they dont even know about. NERVOUS!!

    • 8 replies
    • 620 views
  12. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    I am filling the vetting form in on FCO site and it asks for my driving licence number. Now i don't have a full one, only a provisional do i put that licence number down?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 416 views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  13. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    Evening everyone :new_shades: Got my BTP PCSO assessment day tomorrow and I just wanted to ask couple questions. Firstly can I use the same answers I have put on my application form ? Because surely if they are good enough to get me through paper shift then they will be good to use in interview. Secondly how hard is the written exam? :new_crazy: What do I have to do/write about ? Think that's everything I wanted to ask if anyone got any Tips or advice on how to do well I will be grateful :D p.s. anyone else got there's tomorrow ? Thanks for replies in advance

    • 5 replies
    • 637 views
    Immigration Doge
  14. Space Marine1546081368
    Started by Space Marine1546081368,

    Right, a while back I posted for some help with the application forms competency assessment questions. Neesless to say I was quite chuffed when I got back the letter saying I had passed the paper sift. So I sent off the candidate registration form they sent to me, And about a week ago i got the date for my assessment with Leicestershire constabulary. I'm quite looking forward to it, apart from the interview, though thankfully it only lasts 20 mins and they ask 4 competency questions. The whole assessment lasts 3 hours. I know what competencies they are asking about in the interview,and I've prepared some scenarios which match each one. Basically,can anyway recommend any o…

    • 7 replies
    • 589 views
  15. hopeless_place
    Started by hopeless_place,

    Hello everyone. Its been a long time!! Had some amazing news today! I have my official offer!!! :) Been smiling all day. Wanted to ask, I have the induction weekend coming up very soon, what happens over the two days? What are they going through. This is a full 2 days, but i cant imagine what they will be talking about.

    • 2 replies
    • 363 views
    hopeless_place

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.