Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kymberleyjane12

    ive passed the assesment stage and the next stage is my fitness test on monday, i was just looking through paper work and it says after fitness test is the financial vetting and my partner suggested paying for one of them credit reports online, i signed up and ive got a default from a phone bill from 3years ago that i didnt no i had, am i going to get instantly rejected because of this or if i ring recruitment tomorow and tell the is it possible they can sort it out on my application as the financial checks havent been done yet??? any advice asap thanks

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 579 views
  2. Tom
    Started by Tom,

    Hi All, I recently passed my SJT Exam, as preparation I purchased a few of books, this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Definitive-Passing-Police-Recruitment-Process/dp/1845284356/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b and this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Special-Constable-Questions-Answers-Testing/dp/1907558608/ref=pd_sim_b_13 (Plus Blackstones book for special constables, but I'm definitely hanging on to that one) As Ive passed my SJT Exam the book is a little redundant now, so I would like to donate it to someone who is about to sit their exam. I only ask for a couple of things: That the person who gets it then donates it to someone else on the forums once they are finished. I will w…

    • 3 replies
    • 509 views
    Space Marine1546081368
  3. PHILTHISCITY
    Started by PHILTHISCITY,

    Ive just realised that on a recent appliation i have submitted it asks your current address and any others over past five years , after moving back home 6 months ago i just put my home address without thinking even tho i moved out for three years ! you think this could negativly effect me ? ive got nothing to hide just a simple mistake ! P

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 617 views
  4. S1234
    Started by S1234,

    Does anyone know what these pass marks are?

    • 3 replies
    • 439 views
  5. Tom
    Started by Tom,

    and I'm pretty chuffed. Still a long way to go, but this was the part I had the most trepidation about: It happened really quickly too, got my application in around 6 weeks ago, invited to SJT on the 12th and then Interview on the 19th (week just gone), and then got this letter this morning.

    • 15 replies
    • 966 views
  6. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    Okay I am filling in the application form, I need someone who is already a special (Most have forum badge) to just check my competency part is readably as my handwriting is bad. I'll pm you the pic of it when i have finished writing it.

    • 1 reply
    • 441 views
  7. kelly1987
    Started by kelly1987,

    Hi Guys, I recently applied for comms officer for the met, one of the questions on the initial declaration form was 'have you ever applied for another police force' I completely misunderstood it (until i re-read it today) and put yes - met police special, but I also applied for BTP PCSO and failed the interview, do you think I should call recruitment and let them know?

    • 1 reply
    • 416 views
  8. indialily
    Started by indialily,

    Hi, Is anyone else got the assessment on saturday? I'm worried about the interview section, i hope they are not shy at prompting me!

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 867 views
  9. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    I feel this will hold me back? Edit: Thank's for the tips. I was worried that I was the only one.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 658 views
  10. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    I am now going back for a re test this week,as on my last assessment day they had forgotten to give me extra time for my dyslexia of which they were aware of. I have passed my interview but failed part of my Pirt due to then panicking as knew I would not finish the test in time,I understand I have to try extra hard as often struggle with grammar and spelling,but I do try to make my weakness my strength and really have worked so hard for this.... time will now tell.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 955 views
  11. joee86
    Started by joee86,

    Hello, I am filling in my forms in preparation for my Day 1. However, I have a few questions. Firstly, in terms of vetting there is a issue which from reading this site seems to come up quite a lot. My father was officially cautioned for a public order offence. However, there was some quite dodgy issues with the neighbour who made the allegation and the responding officer which resulted in disciplinary action against the officer. I have the number of the Chief Inspector who handled the case, in case it caused problems in the future but I fear that I wouldn’t get to this point if they rejected my purely by reading it on my dads file. Secondly, asking my flat mates for t…

    • 3 replies
    • 421 views
  12. oilysean
    Started by oilysean,

    Anyone else had an email asking about participating in the new vetting process pilot, All online form in the form of a PDF file that you edit and email straight off to recruitment. Just wondering if anyone else had got the email. I'm not sure if this is met specific if it is I apologise. Sean

    • 6 replies
    • 677 views
  13. ben100
    Started by ben100,

    Hi, could someone if they could please explain the metropolitan police special constable eyesight requirements please, because i am very confused. It says 6/12 or better in either eye as this i do not understand?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 861 views
  14. Space Marine1546081368
    Started by Space Marine1546081368,

    I had my assessment 2 weeks ago exactly, and i'm still waiting for my results. They did say it would take 2-3 weeks to send the results out, but i'm wondering whether I should ring up the recruitment department just to check. How long did it take for your results to get back? I'm applying to join my home force, Leicestershire police, so if anyones a serving special or did serve with them your answer would be appreciated :D

    • 6 replies
    • 627 views
  15. TheOldBill0

    Just a heads up for anyone keen on joining in the Cheshire (or indeed any) area, check out the link for details http://www.cheshire....k/jobs/pcs.aspx It seems recently that recruitment seems to be opening up ever so slightly, there is hope for us yet. Good luck.

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.