Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
I've been reading this site for a while, and I've found it really useful at answering all those questions you don't always want to ask! I applied to be a special last August, passed the paper sift within a month, and had my assessment centre last month (yes it was a long wait, and felt it!). I heard yesterday that I had passed and been sent the medical forms and told vetting will now commence. It seems vetting will now take an unspecificied amount of time depending on your personal circumstances. I am excited to be through the next hurdle, but it feels a long way to go yet! If I'm successful at this stage it will probably over a year from applying to starting training…
-
Would anybody who has been through the interview for the specials be able to give me an idea of what it was like and what questions they ask? thanks.
-
-
- 14 replies
- 10.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I applied to be a special constable with met in march and it's now June and I still haven't heard anything back from them its been 10 weeks since I applied some people said they got their day one dates within 2 weeks. Just wondering if anyone applied around the same time and ain't heard anything as well. Cheers.
-
Hi all, I sat my SET yesterday, where we were given the last chance to declare anything to Vetting on another form. Initially in the application I wrote about a family member (who I no longer have contact with), that has had minor run ins' so to speak with the police although I completely forgot to mention it again on the second vetting form yesterday. Having mentioned it on the previous vetting form that was part of the application pack, will that be suffice? Cheers in advance, CS
-
Hi, I'm new to this forum, have just applied to be a PCSO in the MET. Would like to no if anyone else has applied around the same time, also any suggestions if i do make it to day 1? Thanks alot Matt.
-
Hi all I attended an interview in May to be a special for the Cambs police. Unfortunately i wasn't successful, but as I had just come back from a round-the-world trip I wasn't overly surprised. After multiple attempts at contacting the Cambs HR division through email and by telephone asking for feedback, 6 weeks later I am still waiting for a reply. As I am pretty surprised they have yet to get back to me, I have turned to you lovely people. I was wondering whether there was any reading material I could go through or any practice questions (PIRT) somewhere on the internet that i can go through so i am properly prepared for when i re apply? Thanks in advance for any …
-
Hi All, I attended an interview in May in which we were given a CD of information to go through. I am pleased to say I was accepted after this interview and have a Medical booked for next month. The CD given was details of the training, which it suggests you work through. One section refers to viewing the DVD 'Trial by Jury', which apparently we were given. My CD has four word documents only. Am I missing something here ? Thanks in advance Maybe should mention, TVP Interviews.
-
Hello Guys, First off, Fantastic site ive been browsing it for some time now gathering the bits of information needed to make me 100% sure that going into the specials is for me. A little bit about me, (Sorry in advance for the essay) 24 y/o male from Derbyshire, Originally wanted to join Derbyshire constabulary but unfortunately they arent currently recruiting, after a bit of a search around (South Yorkshire etc) I found that Nottinghamshire are recruiting, So a quick email to them confirmed I could infact apply there even though im not from Nottinghamshire which was a bit of a bonus! So I requested the application pack which arrived yesterday, I've managed to complete…
-
Employer Reference: 151/12 SOC Code: 3314 Wage £16938 to £20484 Per Annum Hours includes shifts and weekends Location TAUNTON, Somerset TA1 Duration Permanent Date posted 08 June 2012 Closing date 22 June 2012 Pension details Pension available Description You will assist the Custody Officer in the care of persons detained in Police Custody.You must be computer literate and be an effective communicator both face to face and over the phone. Experience of working within a similar environment and having responsibility for the welfare or security of persons would be advantageous. You should also hold a full current driving licence or be able to trav…
-
Hi All I've got my fitness test with Leicestershire Police on the 9th July at 4.30pm. Has anyone eles got the same date / time / venue? If so, did anyone pass their assessment on the 19th May? Just wondering if i'll see any familiar faces.
-
Hello there, I'm 19 and I have my day 1 (Met SC) on the 27th June 2012. I'm giving this my all and want it with all my heart. Problem is, I have no genuine experience with dealing with a customer so to speak, I'm absolutely fine on all the other competencies. Could someone please jog my mind as to which kind of example is usable for this competency? Could it be a family or friend issue? Not totally sure anyway. Also, would you recommend becoming familiar with two examples per competency or what? and if you have any further preparation tips, hit me Thank you very much friends, really appreciated.
-
A Special Superintendent in his early 70s has retired from Northern Constabulary after 50 years. The oldest Special Constable a force has ever has known retired after 50 years in the role. Alan Melville tried to join Inverness Constabulary in 1961 as a PC but was rejected because, at five foot-eight inches, he failed the height restriction then in place. Instead, he joined up as a Special Constable and progressed through the ranks to Special Superintendent in 2001. Mr Melville, from Inverness, said he had “loved every minute” of his work. He reached 65 in 2005 but volunteered for another seven years. A spokesman for Northern Constabulary said Alan was reluctant to sa…
-
Hey, I found out today that I've passed the assessment process to join the Specials for Hampshire Constabulary. I'm really pleased about this as I really want to be a Special. I've now been invited to the Fitness and Medical assessment and I'm worried they won't pass me as I'm on quite a few medications because of my previous medical history. I wanted to know if there are any medications or conditions that could prevent you from passing the medical assessment? Thanks
-
Hi All, I recently applied to Cheshire Constabulary last month for the post of PC. Just wondering has anyone heard anything back or does anyone know when we are likely to know the outcomes of the application form? Cheers
-
Now the bit I am more unsure and apprehensive about, the written test and interview. I am applying to Nottinghamshire Police, and I got a letter telling me my application passed and my exam and interview are in 2 weeks and 3 weeks respectively. Which doesnt seem like enough time to prepare. What would be the best approach for me to take? I am reading a few books, taking some notes and writing down topics for each of competency questions, and also got a book on the written exam which has 60 mock questions in which I have done a couple of times (2nd attempt I got 110/120).